Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a vuvuzela in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hey!

Dont be mad, but where can I buy one of these? It is for self defense the next time my neighbours are disturbing me =D No, Im just curious, have any place decided to cash in on the controversy?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Plenty places online if you can wait 3 or 4 days:> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0038DKHK

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

Hey!

Dont be mad, but where can I buy one of these? It is for self defense the next time my neighbours are disturbing me =D No, Im just curious, have any place decided to cash in on the controversy?

http://www.dhgate.com/noisy-bugle-20...f8d610898.html
    heres a link to buy one, personally i think they should be banned. like a swarm of bees,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Picked one up today in a shop on Great Strand Street just off Capel Street.

If you're starting from Capel street bridge, walk down capel street, take the fist Right.

Shop is a few doors down on right hand side, some sort of nic nak African shop.

They had a couple of dozen left

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

dfx- wrote: »

Opps yes it was this shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

The Fool wrote: »
    Picked one up today in a shop on Great Strand Street just off Capel Street.

If you're starting from Capel street bridge, walk down capel street, take the fist Right.

Shop is a few doors down on right hand side, some sort of nic nak African shop.

They had a couple of dozen left

Nice! I'll have to see if they have any left in a couple of days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Heard they're sold out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So is Croke Park going to sound like it's housing a swarm of bees for the All-Ireland this year then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So is Croke Park going to sound like it's housing a swarm of bees for the All-Ireland this year then?

From The Irish Examiner.
    But despite big sales of the real thing here, GAA fans should not expect to be blaring the horns from Hill 16 or high in the Cusack Stand over the summer.

Croke Park stadium director Peter McKenna said the vuvuzela falls foul of the same regulations that already mean air-horns and bugles are banned.

"There’s no doubt the vuvuzelas have destroyed the World Cup, making it very difficult to watch the games on TV. I’d be implacably opposed to them, as players can’t talk to each other over the noise and they’d be very disruptive to local residents," he said.

Have to admit, at a BBQ and after a load of Guinness ysterday I'd great craic with one - I've a neighbour who's dog barks morning, noon & night - revenge is mine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Heard plans are in motion to ban them from Croker :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

No foreign horns.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

jdivision wrote: »
    Heard they're sold out now

seen in the "metro" newspaper they due more in soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I've a neighbour who's dog barks morning, noon & night :mad:

I've got one of these i'll let ya have

stickgrenade.jpg

Over the fence..job done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Degsy wrote: »
    I've got one of these i'll let ya have

stickgrenade.jpg

Over the fence..job done!

I'm not sure what that is but I think an ex-girlfriend of mine bought one in Ann Summers once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure what that is but I think an ex-girlfriend of mine bought one in Ann Summers once.

I'm sure it proved to be a pain in the gee for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Free vuvuzelas with The Sun today in case anybody is interested - my Mam got one in Easons

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

First "Ole , Ole " ....now friggin' vuvuzelas.........can't decide which is worse!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Martin lad

Please dont inflict the people of Dublin to this; once you get one everyone will want one and it'll destroy atmosphere at events.
    Just say no!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Sounds like the Aviva stadium could be swarming this year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

rednik wrote: »
    Sounds like the Aviva stadium could be swarming this year.:D

BANNED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

BANNED

Right, that's it I am rejoining the army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

The Nightmare has arrived !!

http://www.vuvuzela.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Nightmare has arrived !!

http://www.vuvuzela.ie/

"Bring the sound of South African Vuvuzelas to your local footbal team, take them to Croke Park for the 2010 GAA Football and Hurling Championships or support for favourite Airtricity League teams in style this summer."

Croker are going to love that!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Too bad Croker has already banned them

Advertisement