Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Castlebridge by Public transport?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 7:27pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Wexford boardsies,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I need to attend the funeral of a friend's father in Castlebridge tomorrow and need to travel from Dublin down to Wexford. Since my car's being serviced, I have to take public transport.

Is there a direct bus route to Castlebridge or do I have to take the bus/train to Wexford town station and then get a taxi to Castlebridge?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

There's no direct link from Dublin to Wexford via Castlebridge so, yes, a bus to Wexford and a taxi out is your only option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Seems the main bus route is via n11. Check Bus Eireann website-as far as I know theres a bus from Dublin to Wexford at 8.30 am.Taxi rank at bus stop in Wexford so no problems getting to Castlebridge from there.Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thanks guys.

I'm going to get the train and then take a taxi from Wexford town. I might even be able to get a lift from Wexford.

JK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Bus Eireann goes via Castlebridge twice a day (you have to request the stop).
    As far as i can see, it's only for the 13:00 and 17:00 buses: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1268646085-2.pdf

Advertisement