Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German letters/Ausserung

• 14-06-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was just wonderin what i should learn!? and what depth should i go into everything, a few sentences on a few topics or alot on more specific topics? I feel kind of lost with german so i would really like to know how i should approach studying it the day before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

I was just wonderin what i should learn!? and what depth should i go into everything, a few sentences on a few topics or alot on more specific topics? I feel kind of lost with german so i would really like to know how i should approach studying it the day before.

For each point in the Ausserung 3-4 sentences will more then do you. Just make sure that they are slightly releveant.

For the letter you should be at around the same length as the letter that is there. For every question have around 3-4-5 senteces on it. The more the better but aim for at least three for each Q. If you can write more, write!

You should just build up vocab vocab and vocab really. Just learn off as many words as you can, there is no point trying to rota learn off stuff.
    If you have vocab divided by topic, you should try learn them off. If all don't stick, then some will :)

Also the stuff you did in your oral will help you a long way in the written part of the exam. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 drurz57

im totallly screwd for german! :( like i felt i did good in the oral, but i know the tape will go bad enough, and dono how im gona scrap marks on the written? any tips for someone who just wants to pass? ive got all thurs eve off aswel only bio in the morn, so need to cram something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

drurz57 wrote: »
    im totallly screwd for german! :( like i felt i did good in the oral, but i know the tape will go bad enough, and dono how im gona scrap marks on the written? any tips for someone who just wants to pass? ive got all thurs eve off aswel only bio in the morn, so need to cram something!

Don't worry too much. You can scrape a pass... :)

Best thing to do is really practice the comprehensions. They are worth the most marks. Read the questions, then start answering the English Qs. Use a highlighter, highlight the answers. Really target these because you can get alot of marks here. And put down as much info as you can!

Next, for the letters and that, your best bet is to go over (at least in your head) your oral work, which can really help. Try learn off vocab and some simple sentences. And just write as much as you can.

So, for Thursday, practice 3-4 comprehensions, learn off some vocab, like just alot of words, some of 'em will stick. And try practice two Aurals because they can really bring your marks up!

Best o' luck:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm so happy I dropped to pass..

I was doing honours until about 2 months ago, because I didn't see the point in dropping.. I thought I'd be better off trying to work for a low C in honours but eventually decided to drop, and I haven't looked back since!

There is a HUGE difference between honours and pass.. I was stuggling to do well in German (Got 40% in the pre!) but now I'm getting full marks in most comprehensions! :D

Grammar is piss easy.. Junior cert standard at most :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 drurz57

Don't worry too much. You can scrape a pass... :)

Best thing to do is really practice the comprehensions. They are worth the most marks. Read the questions, then start answering the English Qs. Use a highlighter, highlight the answers. Really target these because you can get alot of marks here. And put down as much info as you can!

Next, for the letters and that, your best bet is to go over (at least in your head) your oral work, which can really help. Try learn off vocab and some simple sentences. And just write as much as you can.

So, for Thursday, practice 3-4 comprehensions, learn off some vocab, like just alot of words, some of 'em will stick. And try practice two Aurals because they can really bring your marks up!

Best o' luck:D

Thanks a mill, hopefully it will go ok! and i scrap my pass! haha :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement