Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chile will win World Cup!!

• 14-06-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Chile will win World Cup ;) - well not quite -

posting here these days has brought me luck so Ive decided to keep me mojo

This is how I see it - Chile roughly 5/7 to qualify, not much value there but Honduras are useless and Switzerland pretty poor, and Chile with an impressive run their qualification group I expect the will qualify from Group H

Chile should come second in Group H which will pitch them against Winner in Group G (most likely Brazil) :eek:

100/1 BF Chile to win world cup - Ive invested at 100/1 - Hoping Chile qualify from group and maybe a decent first half, or even sneak first goal against Brazil (who I expect to be exceptional in their group games) allows me to lay Chile for a fairly decent profit

Options open

Chile qualify for last 16 - lay for profit surely better than 5/7.
    Wait for Brazil game - chancy but reward to risk is massive, with a factor of laying Brazil before the game to maximize profit

Also chance that Chile give Spain a decent game and their price in the last 16 will fall sharply

Lots of other long shot scenarios, two include Chile playing Ivory Coast or Portugal in last 16 - both of these are beatable

Bottom line Chile make it to last 8 (only 9/2 on BF) then buying at 100/1 should be then laying at approx 10/1 (depending on performances) means profit of 10/1

Chile making it to last 16 with a couple of decent performances should allow lay at 50/1 methinks (i may be slightly optimistic there if they have to play Brazil, then I would take a chance of a favourible start in the game)

Overall methinks 100/1 on BF is great value - allowing a great range of favourible scenarios, and a little luck could make a nice earner

Chile dont qualify for last 16 - Then its been emotional

Advertisement