Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asos.com-taking the plunge!

• 14-06-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've never shopped before on asos.com but keep hearing great things so i'm giving it a shot. Is there any advice anyone could give me to help with purchase no one. Anything to avoid or anything thats really great? Or how are sizes, fabrics etc? Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

I've found them fine when buying brand name stuff but some of their own brand ASOS stuff is cheap tack. They used to take ages to post stuff but haven't bought anything from them in a while so can't say either way now.

On the good side they do take laser cards and there's an Irish returns address. Happy Shopping.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gillsD

havn bought from them in a long time (only because my cred card wont allow it :( ) but same as other post - their own brands can be not as good quality (basically u get wat u pay for type of thing) plus size might be tad smaller if one of these items (as in like a cotton dress for example) but otherwise fine :) happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

have used asos twice recently. found there sizes fine and delivery was within 5 days. Both dresses that I bought were exactly as advertised which I really liked (because sometimes when buying online advertising can be a little untrue). On the whole I found them great and say you should give them a try - also they accept stuff back and give refunds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah would agree with other posters about the quality of their own brand stuff being hit or miss. I usually order three or four things and plan on keeping one or two - its always worked out that way for me as Ive never been happy with everything Ive ordered.

If you have a measuring tape at home to check the actual length of the dress or whatever on yourself, sometimes they can be shorter than you would think and not as flattering as on the models with mile long legs!

Also check the internet for discount codes before you order - Im not sure if they are still giving the fiver off with diet coke but if you check in bargain alerts there is a thread in there where people are PM'ing the codes to other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you order today you get 15% off with this code

PAYPALJUNE

• Advertisement
Advertisement