Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re. lease

Options
  • 14-06-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

To make a long story short there are four of us renting, we each have our names on the lease but two of us paid 300 euro and the other two paid 225.

We’re moving out in the coming weeks but are having problems with one person. She is a PIG, she’s dirty, she’s NEVER cleaned the place in over a year and smokes in her room although she knows it’s a non smoking house. She’s now moved out early (I think), has left the place for us to clean which wouldn’t be so bad but her room stinks of fags, she hasn’t paid this months bills and we’re supposed to pay half next months rent which I doubt she will.

What I’m asking is will the letting agency just divide the deposit in four? (Keep in mind some of us paid more than others to begin with) Can they do this?

Cleaning her filth is one thing but I’m not going out of pocket for this cow. If we end up picking up the tab for her can we take her to the small claims court? Any advice would be great. I’m at my wits end :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

KillerKity wrote: »
    If we end up picking up the tab for her can we take her to the small claims court?

No, this would not be dealt with in the small claims court. You would need to take a civil case against her.

Basically, you need to take a discussion with the letting agent. If you paid separately with your deposits and there are 4 names on the lease, then surely you should each be repaid individually, and appropriately. The common areas might be where the letting agent needs to use some of the deposit to clean the place.

Advertisement