Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prós/Poetry

• 14-06-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Going by past paper analysis, or anything at all, what would people recommend me studying the most, paying particular attention to ?

I've got an idea of doing Oiche Nollaig na mBan, Uirchill, An Chead Dráma and Jack. And then prose, Cearrbhach Mac Cába, 20 Bliain ag Fás, Na Lig Sinn i gCathú.
    Think I'm on a good path? Recommend anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

That sounds real good there, my Irish teacher also said that An Bhean Og is a big possibility and also the two O Searcaigh poems- Maigdileana & Nil Aon Ni in particular dar léi, ach sin é! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

ohh but i HATE lig sinn i gcathu!..& it came up the last 3 years in a row! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

in the other predictions thread missmichelle91 says: from what ive gathered its been an bean og, clare se speir, an bean og, clare sa speir... for a number of years so going by this clare is due!

So maybe an bhean og isn't that certain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

I'd cut out uirchill because it's horrible.... (Yeah ok good chance but you know what I mean)...
    My teacher (before I dropped today xP) thought An Chead Drama and Maigdileana were two to watch. Prediction guy on youtube thinks an tOilean as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

Thats what she said haha, I really dont know though myself though, just in what she says and what she concentrated on, we did a ****load on Uirchill an chreagain in the last few weeks and Fiche Bliain ag Bas also, & Uirchill came up in the DEB mock so yano sorted if it comes up 2moro!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Hmm, yeah. It's so hard to predict =/ I suppose just knowing well what the poems/stories are about shoouuld allow us to be able to answer any question on it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I've been hearing that Jack is set to come up? I wouldn't mind that at all, it's probably one of the more easy poems to write about. I looked at that, Nil Aon Ni, Gealt, and Mo Gille Mhar.

For the prois, I'm doing the Cearrbhach, too.

Advertisement