Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Dog over Dublin

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

There's a nice example of a sun dog in the western sky over Dublin at the moment. I've never seen one before...

(no camera unfortunately)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Did anyone get a photo of it in the end?
    Is that unusual to get a sun dog at this time of year. Isnt more likely to happen in cold winters with ice crystals in the sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Did anyone get a photo of it in the end?
    Is that unusual to get a sun dog at this time of year. Isnt more likely to happen in cold winters with ice crystals in the sky?

There are ice crystals in the sky all throughout the year, sundogs occur in cirrus clouds, which are always made of ice crystals, even in the height of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

I saw it too down in Waterford and didn't know what it was, thanks guys-thought I was seeing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Is it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I was checking out carlowweather.com a couple of days ago and saw this on the live webcam feed.

9AB90AD7789E4E19A2765A3F0C3C1F7E.jpg

12E63ACC54FD4F73871A5374C7E947FA.jpg

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just looks like a normal sunlight abberation in the lense to me...unless I'm missing something??

Advertisement