If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weid problem with a Philips 17PF9945

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭

Am having a odd problem with a TV (Philips 17PF9945), maybe someone can help with some advice.

We turned it off for the weekend where we were away and when we came home, only sound from the TV when watching the Satellite box, assumed it was maybe the SCART, so swamped it with another one, but no joy. the STB works to the other TV, as does a DVD player, but all are sound only on this TV.

The LCD panel does still work, since I can call up the Menu, and also watch RTÉ 1 via the aerial.

The problem must be something in the TV, but cannot figure it out.... :(

Only thing i have not tried is the PC input...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Am having a odd problem with a TV (Philips 17PF9945), maybe someone can help with some advice.

We turned it off for the weekend where we were away and when we came home, only sound from the TV when watching the Satellite box, assumed it was maybe the SCART, so swamped it with another one, but no joy. the STB works to the other TV, as does a DVD player, but all are sound only on this TV.

The LCD panel does still work, since I can call up the Menu, and also watch RTÉ 1 via the aerial.

The problem must be something in the TV, but cannot figure it out.... :(

Only thing i have not tried is the PC input...

We turned it off for the weekend where we were away

Gerard - I think it's sulking that it was not away with you...:)

I agree - it does sounds like a tuner/processing board issue - if you could dget it to The Philips Shop we will have a look at it for you no problem!

Keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

We turned it off for the weekend where we were away

Gerard - I think it's sulking that it was not away with you...:)

I agree - it does sounds like a tuner/processing board issue - if you could dget it to The Philips Shop we will have a look at it for you no problem!

Keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

After re-reading my post, I figured out a temporary fix, i checked the back of the sat-box and it had an RF-out, so i connected it to the TV with an aerial lead instead of SCART and we are back in action.

cheers

gerard

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

After re-reading my post, I figured out a temporary fix, i checked the back of the sat-box and it had an RF-out, so i connected it to the TV with an aerial lead instead of SCART and we are back in action.

cheers

gerard

Gerard,

Thanks for keeping us posted - and for getting it sorted as well - well done - keep in touch if we can help,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.