Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you doing with your books/sheets etc?

• 14-06-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

I plan on selling my books, but the thing is the majority of them are covered in doodled as my concentration levels last about ten minutes -.-
    as for my sheets, im going to keep them till im sure i dont have to repeat, the recycle them( yes im a bore, no bonefires for me!)
    as for my notebooks, i plan on giving some of them to my 5th year friends and the rest in recycling or bin.

when do bookstores start accepting second hand books? the thing is i want to keep mine till im sure i dont have to repeat, but will it be too late to sell them by that stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Ideally;
    explosion.jpg

but most likely sell them, I keep my books in good order so they're still worth a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Bin/burn or keep to give to 5th years or whatever.Notes are straight to the bin tho.So nice finally having my room clean of all those damn english/maths/geo pages and copies!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Recycling all of them. I already recycled my 8 copies of HL (LC) maths when I dropped to down pass just a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Yeah I'm the same as wonderfulname.

But money is low so will be selling most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Save them and give them to my sister so they're staying in the back of my press for a few years, if I have enough space for them. I might try to heave them into her room if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I'm giving my beautiful folders that I spent so long perfectly filing things in when I was procrastinating to friends, some books to them that aren't in good nick because they can keep them as a ''spare'' to keep at home so they won't have to lug as many books around. The books in better condition I'm selling on schoolbookexchange.ie, I've already made quite a bit selling Junior Cert books on it, I recommend! Then hopefully I'll put the money aside to go towards buying books for when I'm in college, which are all incredibly expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Burning em. **** selling them, no amount of cash would be worth the satisfaction of seeing those beautiful orange flames...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Its bonfire night the day I finish my exams so in all likelihood it will resemble vietnam in the 60s........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sampras

my little friend called paper shredder. then into recycling bin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Most of my books are in good condition..

And my accounting book costs 40euro new, so I should be able to get something for that one anyway..

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

In a box and in the attic so I can forget about them. After all the hard work I cant get rid of them...!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

BUUUUUuuuRrrn!!! Burn them all!! :pac::pac::pac:

after all thats what the leprechaun told me to do....:o

line-o-rama-ralph-wiggum-20090423033832625-000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I'm selling my maths books to fourth years. I sold my two geography books today. Made a WHOLE ELEVEN QUID!!

I've recycled all my unneeded notes. I've kept my maths and physics notes from the Institute, though. Those might be fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

TO THE BONFIREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

all mine are book rental so they get taken from me :(

poetry now and king lear are goin in the bonfire though

better keep the notes no doubt will need them repeating next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Does anyone think I could make some money from a crap load of Institute notes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Lol, if you find someone willing to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Most of my books are in good condition..

And my accounting book costs 40euro new, so I should be able to get something for that one anyway..

:)

A friend spent 40 quid on a physics book I think, ended up changed a few days later and they only game him a tenner back. So I wouldn't be expecting a massive return on your book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

fauxshow wrote: »
    I'm giving my beautiful folders that I spent so long perfectly filing things in when I was procrastinating to friends, some books to them that aren't in good nick because they can keep them as a ''spare'' to keep at home so they won't have to lug as many books around. The books in better condition I'm selling on schoolbookexchange.ie, I've already made quite a bit selling Junior Cert books on it, I recommend! Then hopefully I'll put the money aside to go towards buying books for when I'm in college, which are all incredibly expensive :(
    www.schoolbookexchange.com whats that like? would i get more selling them in a local shop or online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I've never tried selling in a local shop so I don't know tbh! on the website you decide the price you're selling at, and then the people get in contact with you so I imagine it might be a little better than giving them into a shop... you could try selling and then whatever you don't manage to sell send into your shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

So I just recycled allll my unnecessary stupid sheets from the past 2 years :D felt gooooood!
    As for my books, their in a pile... the books that were given to me by teachers, i obviously cant sell them, might pass them on or else recycle/burn them...hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Its bonfire night the day I finish my exams so in all likelihood it will resemble vietnam in the 60s........ :D

operation rolling thunder!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:cool.gif

go on lydnon johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

im kinda frightened to throw away anything in case i might be repeating and it just seems so much of a waste throwing everything away!
    But i really need to throw most of it out cos my room is just like a bombsite!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I'm waiting for my results until I burn all of mine. Don't want to take the risk in case I have to repeat.

Advertisement