Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last fm

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

I am guessing from the classic rock forum rejection this is the place to put this, if not mods i apologise and ask it be moved to the relevant place. Oh and i searched for anything here on last fm and found nothing :)

I have just discovered last fm and how great it is ( i know i know) like i did a search for Boston on it as i am having a relapse of classic rock, in the last twenty minutes there has been ONE track i did not love here are some of em

BTO You aint seen nothin yet

Bad Company Feel like makin love and Bad Company

Boston More then a feeling

Steve Harvey The joker

Blue Oyster Cult Dont fear the reaper

CCR Fortunate son

Golden Earring Radar love

Skynyrd Free bird

Free All right now

Most of them were one after the other :D so what do you listen to on it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was a thread awhile ago, though it was more just people posting their last.fm profiles than actual discussion :P

Don't usually listen to much on it specifically, though I do check out the suggestions on it, quite handy. Also interesting to see the different listening stats.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What exactly is the point of this thread? Are you just listing out classic rock songs that you like? What has that got to do with Last.fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

lol.. malice on the warpath :pac:

-man i were about to contribute spazztic blurr footage to the drummer thread :confused: coulda closed this instead :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Malice_ wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of this thread? Are you just listing out classic rock songs that you like? What has that got to do with Last.fm?

Obviously it wasnt clear enough, if i was listing classic rock songs i like then the thread wouldnt be called last.fm, i was saying that i was listening to last fm when randomly some classic tracks came on, was sharing that i had not known of last fm until now and asking peoples opinions/what stations on last fm they listened to

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Star Bingo wrote: »
    lol.. malice on the warpath :pac:

-man i were about to contribute spazztic blurr footage to the drummer thread :confused: coulda closed this instead :lol:
    I'm not really on the warpath. I suppose it's hard to convey emotion through text. I was just genuinely curious what the purpose of the thread was. There's already enough song list threads knocking around but a discussion thread on Last.fm is worthwhile. As ScienceNerd said, the last thread was just posting of profiles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Last.fm was handy enough for me, listening to suggestions radio got me a fair few new bands like Screamin' Daemon, Misery Index (who I now absolutely love!), Lifelover, Impaled Nazarene and God Dethroned to name but a few.

The main radio stations I use on it are my own library, Cannibal Corpse, Anaal Nathrakh, Shining/Lifelover (the shining one occasionally throws in jazz thanks to a jazz band with the same name >_>) or Napalm Death.

Advertisement