Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OZZFEST UK, Sept 18th London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just heard that Ozzfest will be in London on Sept 18th

Support from Korn, Skindred & Murderdolls so far

http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/ozzfest-2010-is-go-for-the-uk

Not something I'd be bothered travelling for unless they had someone major in the support slots.........wonder would they bring it here....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIBBS wrote: »
    Not something I'd be bothered travelling for unless they had someone major in the support slots.........wonder would they bring it here....

Probably would, sell it out, Ozzy would get ill the night before and Korn would headline.

Ozzy would later say that he will be back to Ireland wit Ozzfest very soon, then the whole thing will just repeat itself :rolleyes::rolleyes:

from the O2 Website.......to me this indicates there's a second stage - but not that there will be any other big bands added to the main stage....

all we need to remember is that Ozzy doesn't do two nights in a row....

NEW - Ozzfest

The legendary touring behemoth that is OZZFEST is set to hit The O2 on 18 September.

Ozzy Osbourne will be accompanied on the main stage by Korn, Murderdolls and Skindred. Ozzy and co will take over The O2, including The O2 arena and London Piazza, offering up a Village Of The Damned, with fairground rides, stalls and tattooists.

Tickets go on sale on Friday 18 June at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm thinking I might head to this, looks interesting, and if done right could be a good day out

I'm thinking I might head to this, looks interesting, and if done right could be a good day out

Yeah, take away the headliner (Someone who was once a man called Ozzy) and you have the potential for a great gig :D;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not something Id cross the road to see never mind the Irish Sea ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Probably would, sell it out, Ozzy would get ill the night before and Korn would headline.

Ozzy would later say that he will be back to Ireland wit Ozzfest very soon, then the whole thing will just repeat itself :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol. That was the exact same thought i had when i seen this. After 2002 i don't think i'd be bothered(i still went down to Punchestown.),support is nothing to write home about either imo.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Lol. That was the exact same thought i had when i seen this. After 2002 i don't think i'd be bothered(i still went down to Punchestown.),support is nothing to write home about either imo.

I was at Donington the day before and Zakk Wylde looked fine, i think the excuse was Zakk was ill, thats why they cancelled.

Ozzy looked fcuked though, and since then he has never played 2 consecutive nights :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was at Donington the day before and Zakk Wylde looked fine, i think the excuse was Zakk was ill, thats why they cancelled.

Ozzy looked fcuked though, and since then he has never played 2 consecutive nights :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We were told iirc on the morning of the gig before boarding buses in Dublin that it was Ozzy that was ill.

Ozzy always looks fcuked!:pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    We were told iirc on the morning of the gig before boarding buses in Dublin that it was Ozzy that was ill.

Ozzy always looks fcuked!:pac:

My first gig was Donington in 1985 and i've been to literally hundreds since, all over Europe, Ozzy used to be one of my hero's, but since $harron started changing so did he. I was disgusted wit the way they treated Maiden on the Ozzfest, especially after Maiden stepped up and headlined many dates, practically saving the tour.
    I've met Ozzy 3 or 4 times and he's always been cool, but he honestly doesn't have a fcukin clue what day of the week it is. If it wasn't for Tony (His P.A) he'd be well and truly fcuked.

A story i heard around 8 years ago from a very very good friend who was in a band who had played a few festivals with him, shocked me, but didn't surprise me.
    Whenever Ozzy plays, be it solo or when he was wit the Sabbath Re-union, there is a guy backstage singing along to all Ozzy's parts, his voice is a dead ringer for Ozzy's. When Ozzy goes up to the high notes the mixing desk guy will fade Ozzy out and bring the backstage guy into the mix. Ozzy just can't hit many of the notes any more.
    I've had this confirmed by a few friends in the industry also :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

A story i heard around 8 years ago from a very very good friend who was in a band who had played a few festivals with him, shocked me, but didn't surprise me.
    Whenever Ozzy plays, be it solo or when he was wit the Sabbath Re-union, there is a guy backstage singing along to all Ozzy's parts, his voice is a dead ringer for Ozzy's. When Ozzy goes up to the high notes the mixing desk guy will fade Ozzy out and bring the backstage guy into the mix. Ozzy just can't hit many of the notes any more.

That's feckin' desperate. Why bother doing it,it's not rock & roll to be pulling off that sort of thing. It's just cheating the audience(and himself).:mad::mad::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

jesus i really hope you are wrong there scudzilla.
    I really do.:(

So do I

But if he's right, I wanna see Ozzy about this

Ozzy has so far failed to announce any further acts for this festival. Ticket sales are apparently going piss poor, despite the low taxes and charges on the tickets, and the fact that you're getting a festival environment

I've actually seen tickets for sale on-line lower then the face value, which tells you, that there is little chance of this performance making it's costs

Ozzy has also seemed to book acts which have been out of the frame for a while, or in the case of Skindred, an act who doesn't really challenge him in the slightest. I'm looking forward to going to the event but I'd like to know who that act on the Main Stage TBA is and I'd like to know whose filling Second Stage
    OZZY OSBOURNE will be accompanied on the main stage by KORN, MURDERDOLLS and SKINDRED, plus a special guest TBC, with more acts still to be announced for the second stage. In addition to the music on offer, OZZY and co will take over The O2, offering up a Village Of The Damned, with fairground rides, stalls and tattooists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Feckin hell, I also hope he's wrong. Thats worse than Milli Vanilli:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

My first gig was Donington in 1985 and i've been to literally hundreds since, all over Europe, Ozzy used to be one of my hero's, but since $harron started changing so did he. I was disgusted wit the way they treated Maiden on the Ozzfest, especially after Maiden stepped up and headlined many dates, practically saving the tour.
    I've met Ozzy 3 or 4 times and he's always been cool, but he honestly doesn't have a fcukin clue what day of the week it is. If it wasn't for Tony (His P.A) he'd be well and truly fcuked.

Where exactly did you hear this, I mean I wouldnt put it past sharon but I couldnt see ozzy letting this happen(if he even knew about it of course).

As for the support bands on ozzfest rubbish. Korn havent done anything decent in years, murderdolls havent even been a band for years and although skindred have one of the best frontmen on the planet(the guy is a legend, love or hate the music hel get a crowd going) I think that there music sounds very samey after a while.

Shame, cause i still have fond memories of ozzfest 2002(my first ever gig). I was gutted that ozzy wasnt playing but was consoled by tool, slayer, american head charge, drowning pool and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Wooooo!! :):D
    Hope this is true!!

Patricide wrote: »
    Where exactly did you hear this, I mean I wouldnt put it past sharon but I couldnt see ozzy letting this happen(if he even knew about it of course).

As for the support bands on ozzfest rubbish. Korn havent done anything decent in years, murderdolls havent even been a band for years and although skindred have one of the best frontmen on the planet(the guy is a legend, love or hate the music hel get a crowd going) I think that there music sounds very samey after a while.

Shame, cause i still have fond memories of ozzfest 2002(my first ever gig). I was gutted that ozzy wasnt playing but was consoled by tool, slayer, american head charge, drowning pool and so on.

I've heard that rumour a number of times over the years.........especially around the time Maiden were on the Ozzfest.......but to be honest I'm not sure about it.....last time he was here I thought he was singing the lot himself, even with someone really good behind the scenes would it not be quite difficult in a live setting to get it right without it looking like Ashley Simpson ?????

NIBBS wrote: »
    I've heard that rumour a number of times over the years.........especially around the time Maiden were on the Ozzfest.......but to be honest I'm not sure about it.....last time he was here I thought he was singing the lot himself, even with someone really good behind the scenes would it not be quite difficult in a live setting to get it right without it looking like Ashley Simpson ?????

I heard a similar story a couple of years ago. I was having a few scoops in a bar near MSG in New York and got talking to a roadie that was working a gig there. He said AC/DC have a delay set up on Angus' guitar so they can correct any bum notes.

On one hand i can't imagine how you'd work it,but then again modern technology is an amazing thing.

On the other hand i've seen AC/DC 3 times live and their shows are pretty much flawless,can't think of any bum notes.

Take this story with the pinch of salt with which i took it. The guy claimed it was well known amongst road crews with most of the major touring acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What scudzilla said is the main reason why I could not care less about this.

Sharon f*cked with my favourite band, for all to see.
    Ozzy used to be a legend, now he's just a sad old man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement