Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So ... my options now??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

shblob wrote: »
    So if the points go up by like 5 over what I have, and was sufficient for the year I sat the exams I'll have to repeat for a second year :P

yes and you would have to keep on repeating maybe indefinitely if you keep missing out by 5 points. Tis all about doing some deep research before 30 june so you have all possibilities covered come the cao 'results' in august

shblob wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!

no prob. Go study your irish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManUtdFan10

Can you still apply for a PLC course or is it too late??

Can you still apply for a PLC course or is it too late??

you can still apply but taking http://www.dlcfe.ie/ as an example, placing are filling fast and some courses are full already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

DGRulz wrote: »
    My first five are Psychology the course I will have left is Arts in Maynooth:(

Wow, they're the same options as me. XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You only need maths for certain courses. It depends on what you want to do. If you want to do Arts, English, Drama in Maynooth or NUIG, then maths is not an entry requirement.

On the otherhand, if you want to do science, nursing, medicine, or anything like that then it is. You have to check it out with the colleges you're applying to and the courses you want to do.

So many people don't realise that failing maths doesn't mean failing the Leaving Cert and start freaking out about it. It entirely depends on the colleges and the courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

DGRulz wrote: »
    My first five are Psychology the course I will have left is Arts in Maynooth, the rest are computer courses and an engineering course in dcu

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I'll take them all under consideration. I've a feeling that because the exams were so easy there gonna destroy me in the marking scheme, after I went to all that trouble to get qs 3+6 on P1 right :(

If you want to do engineering and get the points for it, Maynooth hold a special exam sometime in August for anyone that got the course, but failed honours maths to give them a chance to get the required grade.

http://admissions.nuim.ie/school_leavers/maths_engin.shtml

As for anything else, don't go changing your CAO about before checking whether or not you need maths to get into a course. Even then, hold off and leave your top few choices as they are just in case you do pass! Maybe put a few "safety nets" at the bottom of your form, but definitely don't assume anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

MavisDavis wrote: »
    If you want to do engineering and get the points for it, Maynooth hold a special exam sometime in August for anyone that got the course, but failed honours maths to give them a chance to get the required grade.

http://admissions.nuim.ie/school_leavers/maths_engin.shtml

As for anything else, don't go changing your CAO about before checking whether or not you need maths to get into a course. Even then, hold off and leave your top few choices as they are just in case you do pass! Maybe put a few "safety nets" at the bottom of your form, but definitely don't assume anything!

The thing is I dont need maths for Trinity Maynooth or UCD its only points stopping me there. Hopefully I'll pass and get DCU which is my first. Only need a D3 :D and I reckon the points will be between 460 and 500

Advertisement