Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which rescue to help?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys am new on here and new to rescue in Ireland :) I have been up in Ashton pound walking the dogs when I get a couple of spare hours and would definitely like to get more involved in rescue. There seems to be a lot of rescues/charities active in Dublin and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of who to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

What about Dogs Aid? They're near Finglas www.dogsaid.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elaine 10

try barbara german 012895284 she is always looking for people to help and she helps the ashton dogs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Cottagerescue.ie get my vote - they are a fully registered charity & help all animals both wild & domestic & deal with the most evil of cruelty cases I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

I think its important to go with a registered charity and after that just see how much you can help out with different groups. Depending on their individual needs etc. Some have centres, some use foster care.....so if you can offer a temporary home for a dog it might be best to try fostering, if you can't then offer your services of transport or helping out at a centre.

Best of Luck!!!

Advertisement