Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mig Welding HELP

• 14-06-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

Iam looking for some help with my mig welding machine its a BOC 250 ,i keep burning the heads of the welding tip any idea why that is,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

the tip is too close to the opening of the shroud, pull it down a bit further. When you weld and let go of the trigger there is still a burn off that happens. when the tip is too close it the wire will fuse to it. if you keep it back about an inch it should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I thought you had invested in one of these:
    mig29_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

homerhop wrote: »
    the tip is too close to the opening of the shroud, pull it down a bit further. When you weld and let go of the trigger there is still a burn off that happens. when the tip is too close it the wire will fuse to it. if you keep it back about an inch it should be ok

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

and use a good quality antispatter spray on the tip before you start welding.

Advertisement