Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vietnam Expansion and the Gun Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Mix of BF2 and 2142 with bc2 weapons, bc2 transport and buildings taking the place of the 2142 carrier space thingies.
    Weeee! Now that'd be just fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Thankfully TiG have our own server hosted in Dublin with all games installed on it, so we can throw up a server within minutes for :

Quake 3
    BF1942 + Mods
    BFV
    BF2 + Mods
    Enemy Territory
    COD4 + Mods
    HL2 + Mods
    Trackmania
    CSS
    FearCombat

Etc, etc. Notice that they are all the older games, detecting a bit of a pattern here. Gone are the days when you can host your own server due to "ranking" etc, or P2P sillyness.

Anyway we regulary go back to play these old games, and at the moment are having great fun playing COD4 Gungame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mix of BF2 and 2142 with bc2 weapons, bc2 transport and buildings taking the place of the 2142 carrier space thingies.
    Weeee! Now that'd be just fun!

Titan mode what an awesome awesome concept. Assault lines was a decent concept too except you'd need more than 32 players.

You know what i'd really really like? DOD 1.3 Caen with the destructible environment from BC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Spear wrote: »

ah man this is awesome, couldnt have wished for a better expansion was only say about a month ago how great BFV was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

TheFairy wrote: »
    Thankfully TiG have our own server hosted in Dublin with all games installed on it, so we can throw up a server within minutes for :

Quake 3
    BF1942 + Mods
    BFV
    BF2 + Mods
    Enemy Territory
    COD4 + Mods
    HL2 + Mods
    Trackmania
    CSS
    FearCombat

Etc, etc. Notice that they are all the older games, detecting a bit of a pattern here. Gone are the days when you can host your own server due to "ranking" etc, or P2P sillyness.

Anyway we regulary go back to play these old games, and at the moment are having great fun playing COD4 Gungame.

So where do you find what's currently up and running on the server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Fairy you full of SH!T....

Basically its a server running SIMS 24/7 LMFAO......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TheFairy wrote: »
    Enemy Territory
    Prefer WET over QET.

With enough players, the CoD4 Obscurity mod was fun.

I think until the community can make it's own maps and mods for the game, they won't take off so quickly. But then, EA etc only want us to buy the game, and keep buying their DLCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Holy ****, a return to vietnam. Best game in the BF series was BF:V. Suddenly i dont feel like trading BC2 in anymore :D
    Operation hastings, here i come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Holy ****, a return to vietnam. Best game in the BF series was BF:V. Suddenly i dont feel like trading BC2 in anymore :D
    Operation hastings, here i come!!

would be nice if the mod has jets in it...looking forward to flying the Huey in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    would be nice if the mod has jets in it...looking forward to flying the Huey in it :D

Operation Flaming Dart, now that would be the ****. Migs v Phantoms :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Operation Flaming Dart, now that would be the ****. Migs v Phantoms :D

Phantoms didn't stand a chance against a Mig. the NVA on that map enjoyed total air superiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

karma_ wrote: »
    Phantoms didn't stand a chance against a Mig. the NVA on that map enjoyed total air superiority.

Are you talking Phantom II V Mig 21???? (well, maybe in BF)

If so, you're talking horse sh1t (IRL). A Phantom II pi$$es all over a mig 21. Faster rate of climb, faster straight line speed, more advanced avionics and radar, more advanced, radar guided weapons, and a hefty cannon.

The only place a Mig 21 has an advantage over a Phantom is in close combat i.e dogfighting. The Phantom turns like a truck - but it should have shot down the mig before it gets that close.

More Phantoms were lost due to AA fire, attacked while on the ground, and non combat operational causes, that in dog fights with migs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Are you talking Phantom II V Mig 21???? (well, maybe in BF)

If so, you're talking horse sh1t (IRL). A Phantom II pi$$es all over a mig 21. Faster rate of climb, faster straight line speed, more advanced avionics and radar, more advanced, radar guided weapons, and a hefty cannon.

The only place a Mig 21 has an advantage over a Phantom is in close combat i.e dogfighting. The Phantom turns like a truck - but it should have shot down the mig before it gets that close.

More Phantoms were lost due to AA fire, attacked while on the ground, and non combat operational causes, that in dog fights with migs.

Strictly in game Dubs, no interest in the real thing. In game the mig17 rocked big time.

Advertisement