Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of The Week #62

Options
  • 14-06-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

It's a Monday and the votes have been tallied so it's time for the latest installment of Album of The Week. We had a 2-way tie so I'm going to use my modly discretion to award it to System of A Down's self-titled album.

Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.
    Edit: The table isn't appearing for me for some reason.
    Deicide - 2
    Porcupine Tree - 3
    Wintersun - 4
    System of A Down - 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Sweet, What an album, Still my favourite SOAD album. 98 it was, and right from the start this album blew my face off, Suite-Pee what a start. I think my favourite track however was Soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I really like this album! :)

One of the first albums that got me into metal. (This and Toxicity)

At first I thought it was downright strange as the music was waay more eclectic than I was used to (and not a patch on what I listen to now :p).

In Sugar for example when Daron goes "Sugaah" and it goes into that high pitched part I was thinking "What the hell?" and this was after thinking "What the hell are mushroom people?" :p (I was similarly confused for most of the other songs)

It grew on me fairly fast and thus began my venture away generic pop and into the realms of metal and eventually absolutely loads of other genres. :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Used to love it back in the day, some great tracks on it. Sugar will always be my favourite System song

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This album totally reminds me of being an angsty teenager. It's still awesome though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

awesome album, possibly their best along with Mezmerize/Hypnotize.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Yeah, good album. I haven't listened to it in a long time. I found 'Toxicity' first, then discovered many a hidden gem on their self titled. Everything after that was fairly poor imo. 'Spiders' certainly brings back a welcomed nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Liked it when it came out, havent listened to it for years,

But personally WINTERSUN would walk all over that album, and any other system album for that matter:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decent enough album to get the Album of the Week, I'm still waiting for SOAD to enter the Eurovision for Armenia though.

Advertisement