Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle Routes in Chamonix,France.

• 14-06-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey,
    will be heading to Chamonix next week and was wondering if anyone might have some information about some nice road routes in the area.
    Any info about bike-hire would be handy too :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Bumping this as I've a couple of days to kill in Chamonix in early September :D

Anybody done any road cycling in the valley?

Equally, anybody have any experience of MTB rental in the town and any easy (i.e. beginner) trails? Have been googling, but thought I'd ask here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭mvt

Yes,great road routes,either into Switerland or into the next valley.Plenty of climbing either way :)
    Mtb is fabulous,trails starting from right in the centre of the town and can get as hard or easy as you want.There are three locations to rent bikes and the guys that you deal with were sound.The town is small enough that you will figure it out yourself when you are there but be prepared to have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

I was there in June and rented bikes from Zero G in the centre of town (90 Avenue Ravanel le Rouge). Chamonix town centre is fairly small so you'll find it no prob. There are hundreds of trails if you want to take a mountain bike out. You might need to check which ones are open for bikes though - in peak season some are reserved for hikers but you should be ok in September.

The hire shop will give you a trail map if you ask for one. There's also information on chamonet.com or from the tourist office in Chamonix. The hire shop will also give you a helmet and puncture repair kit.

If you want to go high some of the lifts allow bikes. Not all models however and not all lifts so check it out in advance.

On the road the motorists are very used to cyclists and give an amazing amount of room when overtaking - very polite!

It's a really beautiful place so have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Thanks folks.

Have been there in winter before but not summer, so just trying to work out the different areas of the valley without snow! Have also found heaps of information on various chamonix and mtb sites, so planning my trails now :D

Advertisement