Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha aerox doing 130km/h?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

I know they're nippy little things. But 130 km/h???? I doubt it. Whatever about the power, I doubt it's geared for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭user3

yeah... thats what i thought too...but with all the modifications it might be possible that it could be able to do around 105-110km/h:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Had one that did an indicated 65MPH when I was 16, so I suppose it could be possible.

Very high maintenance when you push the engine that hard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

off a cliff maybe?

hobochris wrote: »
    off a cliff maybe?

felt like it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sounds believable enough if that's what's actually put into it. Nsr 80s (75cc) can do an indicated 75-80mph and they are only 5cc more than that yolk with the 70cc kit on it, if you add on the rest of the upgrades it seems plausible. If I'd feel safe on one of those things going over 80mph is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Say it's about right, I could get 80km/hr out of a moped with the restrictors taken out and that was a fuel injected 50cc model so doesn't sound THAT impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aiddooo

now this is where im gonna prove yous all wrong :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdVbP8tsFQ&feature=related
    this is my 2009 aerox only when i was half building it as it says in the ad i took the engine out and put it in my 2004 aerox
    so yess an aerox is capable of doin 135km no bothers :)
    type race tuned aeroxs in youtube and watch them go!

and its for sale by the way if anyones interested :)
    http://adverts.ie/237368

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

aiddooo wrote: »
    and its for sale by the way if anyones interested :)
    http://adverts.ie/237368

Oh please tell me you didn't just do that and I just put away my ban wand as well :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll have to take it out of its scabbard now :(

So much work, so little time......

• Advertisement

this is my 2009 aerox only when i was half building it as it says in the ad i took the engine out and put it in my 2004 aerox

How did you prove us wrong? Most of the replies were saying it's possible :confused:
    KTRIC wrote: »
    Oh please tell me you didn't just do that and I just put away my ban wand as well :rolleyes:

ah you love playing with yer wand anyway ya big fairy :pac:

Sounds believable enough if that's what's actually put into it. Nsr 80s (75cc) can do an indicated 75-80mph and they are only 5cc more than that yolk with the 70cc kit on it, if you add on the rest of the upgrades it seems plausible. If I'd feel safe on one of those things going over 80mph is another thing.

Yeah, but the NSRs are geared, right? I'm not sure of the internals of your average scooter never mind the sporty scooter. I thought its gearing was fixed. If this is the case, then the top speed is directly proportional to the rev limit. So I guess it depends how high you want to rev it and whether it has a rev limiter on it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

And I could probably run a four minute mile, temporarily. And then Id have a heart attack. Same goes for any bike originally designed to do 50kph or 100mph or whatever, but souped up to do way more. It will go like the clappers for a while... and then blow up.

alanmc wrote: »
    Yeah, but the NSRs are geared, right? I'm not sure of the internals of your average scooter never mind the sporty scooter. I thought its gearing was fixed. If this is the case, then the top speed is directly proportional to the rev limit. So I guess it depends how high you want to rev it and whether it has a rev limiter on it.

Just discovered that the Aerox has a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). It continually varies the gearing between minimum and maximum values. So, in theory, if the maximum value were sufficiently high, it could achieve 130km/h .... in a vacuum .... piloted by Dani Pedrosas smaller and lighter brother .... and then disappear in a puff of 2-stroke smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I had a new aerox when I was 17. After the 2nd restrictor came off I could get 110kmh on a bypass with not much problem. Fastest I ever got was 115kmh behind a truck on the N7. That was a standard 49cc so with the mods i'd say it's very possible. I loved that machine. I often took off faster and over took 125 scooters. Then as with most mopeds in Tallaght it was stolen, never to be seen from again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I don't see how that video proves (or disproves) anything.

Also please buy some proper gear, riding in a t-shirt is just stupid, especially at the speeds you're claiming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I've a question, wtf was the point in putting all that equipment into a scooter?
    It also seems quite retarded to even want to achieve those speeds on a scooter, would those little tyres give any grip at 130kph? and i'd love to see what the stopping distance is at those speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

dream dream :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Xios wrote: »
    I've a question, wtf was the point in putting all that equipment into a scooter?
    It also seems quite retarded to even want to achieve those speeds on a scooter, would those little tyres give any grip at 130kph? and i'd love to see what the stopping distance is at those speeds.
    The point I'd say is it's still insurable for a young lad under 20 and is now able to reach decent speeds, fairly miserable having to go everywhere at 45 km/hr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

say wot ye like lads but thats wot a 16tn year old will do to get a boost out of a scooter if there mental and working and good with the tools :) gilerea 180tys come to mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

KTRIC wrote: »

Looks like I'll have to take it out of its scabbard now :(

So much work, so little time......
    LOL
    and as for you, just because your speedo says 135km/ does not mean you are doing that speed. and LOL posting a youtube video captioned 130KMH FLAT OUZ isnt proof and changes nothing, your still not getting 130

but ya i tune scoots meself and everyone i know overexaggerates the speedo on their bike at some point

yeah it does do 135-140
    how mould you know sitting behind your computer and if you know anythingabout tunning scooters or any sort off motor you would clearly know that they can achieve the speeds.
    and btw i didnt put the video up a mate did.

people on this must have no lives if they sit on there computers gossiping about a scooter

people on this must have no lives if they sit on there computers gossiping about a scooter

No we all live here.

We don't even have bikes, we just like trying to pretend we're as cool as you're on your scoped.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Youre here too ya know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The majority of the lads and ladies here have decades of real bike expierience.
    If you don't like what you hear then there are a lot of other forums on this site and on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

yeah it does do 135-140
    how mould you know sitting behind your computer and if you know anythingabout tunning scooters or any sort off motor you would clearly know that they can achieve the speeds.
    and btw i didnt put the video up a mate did.

never said they couldnt but if it says 135 on the speedo you are not doing 135

yeah im here to sell things not gossip
    i just came across this
    and i do drive real bikes btw that aerox was just a project and if it say 135 on the speedo its cleary states thats what im doin the speedo drive is connected to the wheel which counts how many times it rotates so how could it be false . you ould wanna go learn something about bikes before u come on this thinking u know it all
    yous need to get a life not sit at a computer to try an socialize haha.;)

and here if you tune scooters as u say u do haha show us all what youv built ive built three aeroxs atleast ive something to back me up unlike u thinking u can tune them haha.
    you know nothing about tunning engines admit it :cool:

• Advertisement

and yeah honeybadger your right its a bit of crack instead of farting around on a scooter that does 45 km/h haha got a bit sick of that and found a way of going faster ;) im not 16 btw
    gilera 180 2 stroke is my next project down bore it with a mallosi 172 kit.
    il post updates and pics when i start it :)
    might put the engine into an aerox as aeroxs are lighter its be done on youtube btw before any of yous smart people behind your computers try tell me it cant be done as a runner 180 is gilera/piaggio and a aerox is yamaha. need to do a bit of welding tho to make it fit :cool:

Advertisement