Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike shops in Biarritz?

• 14-06-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm flying into Biarritz with a few mates soon, with our bikes and renting a car ... but I'm having trouble renting a bike rack with the car ... so I was thinking it'd be just as easy to buy one. Does anyone know what Biarritz, or surrounding area, is like for bike shops?

thanks
    DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭redmenace1

Hi, there is a Decathalon shop in Biarritz (dunno where exactly) but I had an emergency there 5 years ago and picked up a skewer in a hurry late one Saturday.;)
    In case you've never been, they are ok on some bike stuff and as it sounds like a budget bike you're after, they could be bang on.

They have a website, google it for the addr/location and you might see sumthin online (there French site is quite decent, not sure if UK one is as good)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I stayed in a campsite called Le Reuisseau near Biarritz a few years ago. There was a bike shop around 2kms south from Biarritz airport heading on the old road to a place called St Jean De Luz. I think the townsland where the shop is called Cheya. It's on your right as you head south. There might be a shop selling surf boards and the likes next door. Sorry I can't be more specific than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

http://www.velonews64.com

Velo New's 64.

This is the best bike shop in Biarritz and is easy to get to from the airport.

Avenue de Bayonne, 64210 Bidart, France‎ - 05 59 41 06 33‎

Decathlon as above may be a cheaper option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Velo New's 64.

Velo 64 is great - I was there a few time. Mum lives there. You can't miss it there is a Giant Road bike on the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DeadMan1

wow, great info lads ... thanks for the help. either one of those should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Velo 64 is great - I was there a few time. Mum lives there.

What? In the shop?... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Velo New's 64.

That might be the place I mentioned in my post above!!

there i knew I had a photo of it somewhere

07102009444.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Aw cycling around Biarritz is great! I cycled from Biarritz to the Spanish border last summer using the coast, it was so scenic and beautiful! Definitely spend some time in St Jean de Luz, lovely town and great food

• Advertisement

Also forgot to mention Culture Velo in Anglet it's smaller than than VeloNews64 . It;s located on the BAB' road on the way to Decathlon from Biarritz shop.
    Also, Just thought I'd mention, the Decathlon in Anglet referred to above isn't the best for cycling stuff, it has a lot of good stuff but it doesn't have everything like the Decathlon in Bordeaux Merignac for example. The one in Spain across from the Carrefour ( across the border ) is better and a bit cheaper too.

Advertisement