Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Australian Education System

• 14-06-2010 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi.

I am 16 and I'm moving to Australia in August. I just wanted to know how the secondary school education system works over there. Will my Junior Cert results have an impact on the quality of education i get?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Well considering this is the "Irish" leaving cert forum I doubt you'll find your answer here.Try googling it.I'm sure there's information somewhere.I can tell you though that I highly doubt your JC will count for anything over there.Maybe just to try and help you pick subjects to do that you're good at but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

darrennick wrote: »
    Hi.

I am 16 and I'm moving to Australia in August. I just wanted to know how the secondary school education system works over there. Will my Junior Cert results have an impact on the quality of education i get?

Thanks.

Google and wikipedia are your friends. Education in Australia. I'd sift through it and highlight relevant parts but I need to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Sham.. Doesn't matter about the JC results mate.. The beures are deadly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

What part? New South Wales? You should feel at home there as Yeats was on the english exam last year >>>> http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2009exams/pdf_doc/2009-hsc-exam-eng-adv-p2.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You might have more luck here, Darren! ;)

G'luck with Oz, hope you're going somewhere with surf! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darrennick

thanks for the reply...
    wellboys wrote: »
    Sham.. Doesn't matter about the JC results mate.. The beures are deadly..
    you from tuam scan? same.. :P

thanks for the reply...

you from tuam scan? same.. :P

Ya.. and I'm fairly wide for you DICKLESON.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darrennick

wellboys wrote: »
    Ya.. and I'm fairly wide for you DICKLESON.. ;)

dickelson?
    dickelson?

:L:L ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Take it to PM / email / MSN / whatever! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

From my knowledge obtained by watching Home & Away you do a HSC -> High School Certificate. The best places to hang out are the diner and the surf club. Don't get on a bus with Trey Palmer. Don't bother going to the schools production of romeo and juliet, Ruby f***ks it up.....

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    From my knowledge obtained by watching Home & Away you do a HSC -> High School Certificate. The best places to hang out are the diner and the surf club. Don't get on a bus with Trey Palmer. Don't bother going to the schools production of romeo and juliet, Ruby f***ks it up.....

I never laughed so hard!

Advertisement