Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lethargic vomitting cat.

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i've posted up a good few questions about my cat pickle at this stage and i have another.
    i came in from work this evening around 9 and my OH told me he had been sick (chunky) about 15mins prior, he was still in ok form, just a bit quiet.
    he has since been sick twice (tiny bit, clear) and he's now completely lethargic.
    i took his food away and just left his water, i also heated up a towel and have it over him, he's just lying on the floor..
    i plan to take him to the vet in the morning if there is no improvement but is there anything i can do in the mean time.
    i'm pretty sure he ate something dodge today, i spotted a couple of kippers on the road that one of the elderly neighbours left out and my OH threw them in the bin, said there was a few bites out of them, do ye think he ate a bone or something?
    i have never seen him like this - he's so hyper usually...
    can't seem to find an emergency vet number that's working to ask advice...would it be worth our while squeezing water into his mouth with a syringe or giving him an ice cube?

thank you in advance an very sorry for the ramblyness....:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

snip--Not very helpful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Id leave him until tomorrow. Hydrate him very slightly if you can. If after 24 hrs the vomiting is persistent then straight to the vet. I normally wait 24-48hrs with a dog, but cats are feckers for not taking water so 24 with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Just have it put down tis the kindest thing for it :(

WTF?

OP - if your cat is not in better form this morning, I would bring him to the vet. As anniewho said, they are little buggers for not taking water and because they are so small they will dehydrate very quickly. He may not eat for a few days but this is nothing to worry about as long as he is drinking and in good form. If he is still very sick in himself and not taking water he will need to see a vet sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Just have it put down tis the kindest thing for it :(

You should be become a vet...

He's grand today, was in scratching the **** out of the furniture early this morning.. Seems to be normal now.. How long should we leave it before feeding him again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SophiaF

Great to hear he has made such a quick recovery.
    Best to leave 24 hours before feeding again and then start him on something bland like chicken, for a day, then back onto normal food as long as he still semms well and active.

• Advertisement
Advertisement