Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pestle and Mortar

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody could advise me where's the best place in Dublin to go to get a good/nice pestle and mortar. My OH has been looking for one for ages but hasn't come across one. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Dunno the 'best' place - they can range quite a bit in price.
    I was in Homestore &more the other day and they had a nice enough pestle&mortar.

I'll try and think of other places I've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Hadn't thought of there - what's more, I'm pretty sure I passed one today (though OH was with me!). Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Ikea have one for around €10, made from marble. Mightn't be the best quality, but I've seen places charge up to 10 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

The best one i've seen in Dublin is in the Asian supermarket beside the Luas stop, I think they are granite or marble and are very good quality and vary in size and price but are generally great value

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The granite ones are definitely the best and they're not expensive. I got mine in a Asian supermarket a few years ago and it was only €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yep, Asian stores or TKMax often have a good selection pretty cheap.

Stone ones are best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try something like the Asia Market or TK Maxx. Both would normally have a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Will take a look when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I love love love cooking and searched myself for a hreat one.....ended my searcg in Tesco of all places, for €7 got myself a good big heavy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

tkmax in st stephen green shopping centre had some wooden pestle and mortar some time ago, don't know about their current avaialbility

• Advertisement
Advertisement