Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light In The Sky?

• 14-06-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Did anyone see the light moving in a westerly direction tonight at about 10:30? I'm not suggesting that it was anything extraterrestrial because it wasn't but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say it was the ball from my left foot volley from playing footy last night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Have you a more specific time? Its not long after sunset so high altitude objects (balloons, planes, and satelites) would catch the sun's light and reflect it, being bright for a while.

Take a look at this site.

http://www.heavens-above.com

Any more info?

Duration, location in sky, height in sky (eg 45 degrees) etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I'm happy to go with the lantern. It looked as if there was a
    candle flickering on the inside of the object.

It was at a low altitude anyway so def' not a space station.
    When I observed it it was over the ABB factory & moving
    towards Lismore Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Have a look out the window, I just left off a few,what wind is there is southerly so you should see them around greysdue or hillview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I've seen one tonight about 11pm, twas to the west (sighted from Williamstown Road)

Advertisement