Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child of Eden - new game from creator of Rez

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This will be the first game Ibuy on day of release in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bumpity bump. Only a few days to release! Haven't been this excited to play a game in a while. Will be sticking with standard controller for the moment, but word on the street (er..media) is that Kinect works pretty damn well.

Is it out this week?

Great, I might pick it up so I finally get some use outta Kinect, and if that's too much, back to the controller for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Always thought this was Kinect-only, as did my friend, until a week ago.

Normally a game I'd pass on, but I'm gonna use the €3 Gamestop deal to get this and Alice: Madness Returns

Glad to read that a lot of reviewers preferred playing it using a controller

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Healium wrote: »
    Glad to read that a lot of reviewers preferred playing it using a controller

Only read the Edge review and they liked Kinect but said standard controller was best for high scores and the like (and I think any existing Rez fans will consider high scoring an integral part of the experience!). Said neither was quite perfect though, and it gets very tricky in later levels as a result. Otherwise very positive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh ffs! I completely forgot this was out so soon. Why do all the games/hardware I want seem to come along at once?!

• Advertisement

Heard it's quite a short game

What's the story with Play.com and the exchange rate? It's £32 I think, as opposed to €40, with a free t-shirt. It'd probably cost me €33 to do the 3 game trade in deal at Gamestop. If I bought in sterling, and got delivered to a UK address, would it be about €35? May as well do it that way, and get the t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a great review!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heads up that HMV are now offering a T-Shirt with pre-orders too :)

So T-Shirt and day one copy. Yay! Says 44.99 as the price too on the poster, which tends to be the norm for new releases in HMV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Heard it's quite a short game

If it's anything like Rez you'll play it over and over again for the experience before realising that there's even more depth to it due to the very deep scoring mechanics that extend the life of the game even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I will be giving away some copies of this game ill post the details when i have more info

edit ill have two copies to give away.

Master of the Universe

How much are HMV pre orders? I can't miss out on that tshirt! Might preorder OOT 3d too while I'm in there.

o1s1n wrote: »
    How much are HMV pre orders? I can't miss out on that tshirt! Might preorder OOT 3d too while I'm in there.

Three euro deposit, poster says the game will be 44.99 (standard for HMV these days).

But yeah on-rail shooters like this aren't to be rushed through. It's all about high scores, getting better at each level. It may only take you an hour or two for a full run through but that's not the point. Games like this don't need to be ten hours long. They are all about the experience. That, and frantically trying to top high scores :P

Is it the same t-shirt as Play.com?

Is it the same t-shirt as Play.com?

It seems to be. Not sure if it's the exact same design, but the HMV one was definitely a black T-Shirt with a graphic in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

So damn excited. Even put together this OP for it on NeoGAF. Reading US impressions and love has me very jealous.

For fans of Q Entertainment (Rez, Lumines, Child of Eden etc), Mizuguichi (director of all those games) will be on the next 8-4 Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Games looks nuts .. .very psychedelic (never played Rez so don't know what to expect).

Check out the reviews on Amazon.com (has been out there a couple of days). People seem to be genuinely blown away.

Seems to be €45 everywhere.

I got it in HMV - it came with a very nice COE t-shirt.

Doesn't seem to be available for rental in xtravision (I checked 2 local branches).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i-3SFqh6z-L.jpg

Good old Penny Arcade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Gonna wait for this to drop in price a bit. Or trade something and get it on the cheap. As much as i loved Rez, this seems like A) you wont get the msot out of it unless you have kinLOLect, which i am never, ever buying, B) it seems pretty much just like a reskinned Rez in gameplay terms, and C) the music sounds pretty lame compared to the Rez soundtrack

• Advertisement

Anyone play it yet?

Worth getting if you only liked Rez, not loved it? :pac:

Master of the Universe

I am a massive Rez fan and had huge expectations for this. It has not let me down. Visually it's quite possibly the most awesome videogame I've ever seen.

I never thought I'd say this, but it may even be better than Rez. I've only played the first level, but my eyes are already watering from the sheer amazingness of it all. I seriously can't put it into words. Buy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got the competition sorted 2 Copies of Child of Eden along with 2 copies of The Japanese Popstars new album to giveaway.

Please do enter, the last competition i ran had thousands of people looked at it, but no one actually entered it so i couldn't give the game away!!

Got the competition sorted 2 Copies of Child of Eden along with 2 copies of The Japanese Popstars new album to giveaway.

Please do enter the last competition i ran had thousands of people look at it, but no one actually entered it so i couldn't give the game away!!

Entered.

Thanks.

In my bag but may not get to play until late tomorrow.

HYPE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Please do enter, the last competition i ran had thousands of people looked at it, but no one actually entered it so i couldn't give the game away!!

After hearing that I fancy my chances after my Charismatic entry.I'm after entering via my mobile,do we get any e-mail back confirming my entry.

Master of the Universe

In my bag but may not get to play until late tomorrow.

HYPE!!!

You will not be disappoint :)

HYPE HYPE!!!

My girlfriend ruined the tshirt by telling me it looked like a fairy :(

She just wants it for herself.

I got to play level one. Magnificent.

I have fallen back in love with high definition. **** off Crysis, Child of Eden is how games should look.

• Advertisement

Yep, stunning stunning game. I predict 100%ing it will be bloody hard though!

Perfect antidote to a week of boring Duke Nukem (which I returned to xtravision yesterday without even finishing)

Advertisement