Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child of Eden - new game from creator of Rez

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Child of Eden is the best looking game since Okami.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It really is gorgeous looking. I want it so bad :(

I'm going to go play Rez and pretend it's Child of Eden :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When you get into the groove (harder as the levels go on) this is a thing of unspeakable beauty. You nod your head, your 8x multipliers pile up, you achieve zen - ah, videogames, you've won me back (not that I was ever gone, but still).

And the drum beat vibration is vital to this - and, in contrast to the trance vibrator, in a completely non sexual way!

EDIT: Holy crap high scoring is hard. In the top 100 in level two and still haven't got five stars :eek: Managed to make it through level one, but every level above that has put the fear in me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Where's the love for CoE?!

Just played through the last level there, breathtaking stuff. Can't get Heavenly Star out of my head now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Definitely not better with the Kinect Sensor!

Only played the 1st 3 levels, tried them with Kinect and the controller, prefer the controller, its a lot more accurate and easier to play, found myself getting killed too easily using Kinect.

Fantastic looking game though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If any game in the world deserves to go through a pair of big ass speakers, it's this. I almost knocked my house down last night with the bass :D absolutely amazing.

I'm finding it very hard to focus on this to aim for a score..I keep just sitting there in a zen like trance looking at the screen and then go 'oh yeah!' and start shooting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Boom! Just cleared the last level, man that is a tough game!
    I'll probably play through it again on Hard difficulty, it really is a joy to play.

Finally coming to PS3 at end of September in blasted 3D with slightly awkward looking Move control. But yeah, you should just be playing it with a controller anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well, I was finally going to buy a 360 for this, nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

How much is it going to be in euros? I hear it's basically being released as a budget title now.

Which is a shame in a way because it's so rare to see an innovative title like this amidst all the brown 'n bloom chest high wall shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

did anybody get this? verdict?

i have move and 3d and it has decent enough critical reviews...

I have a really cool idea for a game, but it's not really lengthy enough for a full release game. I should probably just release as a psn/sen game. Wait, screw that, I have an idea - lets just make it incredibly frustratingly difficult and that will make it lengthy enough, gameplay hours wise, to validate the full release.

mystic86 wrote: »
    I have a really cool idea for a game, but it's not really lengthy enough for a full release game. I should probably just release as a psn/sen game. Wait, screw that, I have an idea - lets just make it incredibly frustratingly difficult and that will make it lengthy enough, gameplay hours wise, to validate the full release.

????

I paid full price for Child of Eden. I paid 25 euro for Skyrim. I got so much more joy out of Child of Eden.

Boiling it down to something as simple as how long the game is isn't fair. Child of Eden is such a transcendent experience I am more than happy to respect its creator's decisions. It's a perfectly paced game, and one I keep finding myself itching to play again just for the sheer audio-visual rush.

Yes, it's difficult on higher levels, and yes there's only six 'levels'. But this isn't a game about bullet points on the back of the box. Or meaningless extras to fill the disc. It's a work of art, and is an absolute triumph. IMO worth every single cent I paid, and then some.

Boiling it down to something as simple as how long the game is isn't fair.

That wasn't my point, I don't need it to be long. But it's far too difficult, unnecessarily. I cannot get past 'Level' 5 for ages now, wanted to bounce the controller off a wall last time I played.

I mostly agree with the compliments you paid it, apart from this.

I only thought it was unusually hard when trying to get five star ratings.

Level 5 isn't bad. The only hard bit is when you have to shoot down the three respawning waves near the end. Very hard to do when keeping in rhythm, but use rapid fire and there's no problem.

I only thought it was unusually hard when trying to get five star ratings.

Level 5 isn't bad. The only hard bit is when you have to shoot down the three respawning waves near the end. Very hard to do when keeping in rhythm, but use rapid fire and there's no problem.

Sorry, think it's level 4:
    http://youtu.be/B6UK9lvHNXA?t=10m46s

that part that starts at 10:46 is the part I keep failing at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mystic86 wrote: »
    Sorry, think it's level 4:
    http://youtu.be/B6UK9lvHNXA?t=10m46s

that part that starts at 10:46 is the part I keep failing at.

This is going to sound really condescending but trust me, if you want to play these games and play them well then follow it. It works for all games that have an 'old school' difficulty. You should be more concerned with staying alive than doing damage. Prioritise shooting down the purple bullets and only chip away at the boss when it's safe to do so. It might take a bit longer than usual but it will get you through it. When you go back to these games and get better at them is when you can start showing off.

I didn't find the game too difficult at all. I failed beauty once and passion maybe twice but other than that it wasn't too hard. I know I'll end up playing this game loads more just like how I kept coming back to Rez.

Advertisement