Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shutgun

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey lads, was out shooting clays yesterday and when I pulled the trigger it fired both barrels at the same time. Some bang off it. Fired another 40 or so after that with no problems. Should I be worried or was it just a once off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hey lads, was out shooting clays yesterday and when I pulled the trigger it fired both barrels at the same time. Some bang off it. Fired another 40 or so after that with no problems. Should I be worried or was it just a once off?

single or double trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sounds like one of the sear or mainsprings are getting weak,or are clagging up with dirt.Its a gunsmith job to check this properly.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I agree with Grizz on this one - sounds as if crud got into the lock and the sear is either worn or most likely dirty. If you are a "newbie" get it looked at by a professional.
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Get it checked, any issues in relation to firearms and their safety should not be overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

Single trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Single trigger.

I'd deffo get it checked out then so, bring it to a gunsmith as it will have to be disassembled and insopected for wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

gunsmith, straight away

Advertisement