Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact details for mechanic liam knox

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

I have a 03 golf booked in for a service tomorrow with Tom Murphys. After dealing with the chap in there and reading on here tonight I think I'm going cancel and give this chap a ring.

Can anyone PM his details please?

The guy in Tom Murphys was telling me I will be paying about €250 for oil and filter change.

I don't know much about cars(only driving two months) but should it matter what mechanic I go to? I only wanted to go with them because it had been serviced by them several times before. The would know "MORE" maybe than other mechanics?

Thanks lads!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Pm sent. Have had my car serviced by Liam for a while now, as have friends. Highly recommended.

€250 for an oil change on an 03 Golf? An OEM filter is about a tenner, Valvoline longlife oil is €15 a litre, the sump will take about 4-5 litres.

Perhaps you should ask Tom what you get for the extra €150?!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

pretty much nailed it there pal , there is no difference between tom murphys or your average garage service , except your wallet feels a little lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Thanks lads ill give him a ring tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Lads not been cocky or anything but ye really should learn how to service a car your selfs ,Its not that hard at all .A few right tools and ye save big time over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Lads not been cocky or anything but ye really should learn how to service a car your selfs ,Its not that hard at all .A few right tools and ye save big time over time.

Its funny.. that's what my mother said!

"your good with learning this stuff learn it yerself"

It is the plan but im literally driving about 8 weeks so ill let the mechanic do it 1st time around.

I wanna get use to driving 1st :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ROCKMAN wrote: »

i really must learn how to , cant be that hard in fairness !!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    Would somebody mind sending me Liam Knox's phone number, as PM or whatever.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

They used to run basic car-maintenance courses out of the college (old Norco building for those that know it), always meant to do one. Wonder if they still run.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Bump! Anyone able to pass on contact details?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would somebody mind sending me Liam Knox's phone number, as PM or whatever.
    Thanks

Lads, could someone also PM me Liam's number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Does liam do jeeps need a clutch replaced on a 97pajero?? Or anyone know of a good 4x4 mechanic??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 john256

could anyone pm me liam knox number number please I tried to send a pm to sunnysoutheast but It seem you need 25 posts before you can send a pm thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/liam-knox-autos-waterford
    very first result in google gave me this

Slieverue
    Waterford
    Phone number (051) 832380

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i think this chap gave me a lift during the week. nice chap

• Registered Users Posts: 9 john256

thanks got it from sunny don't know did he get my message but appreciate the number ty

Advertisement