Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siobhan Ryan on RTE1 weather 14/6/10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Tazio wrote: »
    I don't like this thread.

There are comments posted here about this lady referring to physical attributes and dress code. Why? That's just nasty imo and has nothing to do with 'Science, Health & Environment' topics.

This lady is a highly qualified professional - she works in an area most of us here have a genuine passion for. I'd give anything to work in this area!!

Her television presenting skills are perfectly adequate / professional, in my opinion, to present complex ever evolving data in an easy-to-understand format that most will comprehend. My take on this is she is a scientist foremost.

That's all, I had to post; as after a quick read through this thread I just didn't like the tone of this thread and had to speak up.

(apologies up front moderators if my post is not on topic or off form - please feel free to delete this / ban / etc).

Best regards,
    T

100% with you, Tazio

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There are comments posted here about this lady referring to physical attributes and dress code. Why? That's just nasty imo and has nothing to do with 'Science, Health & Environment' topics.

This lady is a highly qualified professional - she works in an area most of us here have a genuine passion for. I'd give anything to work in this area!!

Her television presenting skills are perfectly adequate / professional, in my opinion, to present complex ever evolving data in an easy-to-understand format that most will comprehend. My take on this is she is a scientist foremost.

That's all, I had to post; as after a quick read through this thread I just didn't like the tone of this thread and had to speak up.

(apologies up front moderators if my post is not on topic or off form - please feel free to delete this / ban / etc).

Best regards,
    T
    Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Point taken, I have removed the 'Weather out there' post if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To be fair it is 10 years old.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Best regards,
    T

Agreed!

Mod Note: Thread is 10 years old! I have removed some of the more sexist/lurid comments from the thread and closing it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement