Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old gear.

• 15-06-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know a place (online or offline) where I can get some early 90's components, secfically brake calipers, other than eBay? The prices there seem to go quite high. I have some dura ace components on the bike atm and so I'd like to keep it all dura ace if possible.
    Also, can anyone recommend some wheels that might suit an early 90's Italian steel frame. I'd like to not modernise it and keep that early 90's look if possible.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm sure if you try a local bike shop they might be able to point you in the right direction or even have stuff lying around that they never used or never sold.

Worth a shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i have some shimano 600ex calipers in the shed ! and some completly knackered campag xenon (boy was that stuff cr*p put me off campag)

try the road for sale forum on http://www.retrobike.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

Hilary Stone on LFGSS has a huge selection at very reasonable prices. E mail him if you don't see what you're looking for. His communication skills aren't the best but he will deliver the goods - eventually !

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll look into them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I would imagine rothar in phibsboro get clunkers in for repair/upgrade all the time. Much more likely to hang onto spare vintage/older parts than bike shops that are trying to sell new components.

All guess work but worth trying

• Advertisement
Advertisement