Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culinary schools? ... Becoming a chef?

• 15-06-2010 12:02am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Am not sure if this is the right place for my question, but am having trouble finding a more suitable area for it.

I am looking to find out more details about applying to a proper culinary school in the aim of becoming a chef. I am in my early 20s, have done a degree in Arts in UCD but came to the realisation that what I really want to do is go to culinary school.

Finding it very tough to find information about doing this. Could anybody list any good culinary schools in Ireland/England that I should check out, and if you know of the general requirements of applying to a school is, would be very appreciated.

Please help !! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Killybegs Catering College

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

ballymaloe cookery course ? pricey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Many IoTs do chef training courses ... Failte Ireland do so also, I think, with more of a mix of practical / on the job, you might not actually get a degree that way though, but not sure that's the most important thing in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

DIT is really good for food courses. My dad did a baking diploma there so for a few months our house was filled with breads and cakes. Delish. Have a gander at the Higher certificate in Culinary Arts. Actually this one is alevel 8, so it's a proper honours degree, which is higher than a higher certificate, could be worth a look!

Advertisement