Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Galway TO Tuam!

Options
  • 15-06-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Is it possible to do this for work using solely public transport?!

OR also does anyone know of any carpools going this journey or want to set one up?!

Thanks!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Burkes have a bus that leaves for Tuam at 8am (Mon-Fri) from the road that runs between Prospect Hill and the junction at the private bus station. The last return bus leaves at 17.10 though.

http://www.burkesbus.com/times.php

Bus Eireann have a good few services, but it depends on what time you need to get to Tuam by.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274366592-417.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I'd recommend Burkes great service, clean buses and lot of the buses have WiFi. And if you happend to live on the way between the Tuam and Galway stops the drivers have no problem stopping for you.

Don't work for them just very happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

+1 on Burkes.

But be careful, they have changed the location of where they pick up and drop off IN the city.

From the website:
    Burke's Bus Stop in Galway City has relocated from Forster Street to Bothar Uí Eithir.(Just off Prospect Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

mars bar wrote: »
    +1 on Burkes.

But be careful, they have changed the location of where they pick up and drop off IN the city.

Which I mentioned already... ;)
    Burkes have a bus that leaves for Tuam at 8am (Mon-Fri) from the road that runs between Prospect Hill and the junction at the private bus station.

Which I mentioned already... ;)

Oh I thought that described the old bus stop at the information center...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 HouseGalway

Hmmmmm burkes bus probably won't work for me as I finish work at 6.30 :( Any other options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Hmmmmm burkes bus probably won't work for me as I finish work at 6.30 :(Any other options?

Credit Union - Loan - Car ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

There's a few Bus Eireann buses that run after 6.30, as the timetable posted above would show...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Slightly off topic but I cant see that new bus stop staying at that spot for too long. Ive seen two near misses already. Car turning down from Bohermore side realising there is a bus parked in front of them and veering right just as another car is turning down from Prospect Hill side. The stop needs to be moved down closer to the bottom of the hill.

Slightly off topic but I cant see that new bus stop staying at that spot for too long. Ive seen two near misses already. Car turning down from Bohermore side realising there is a bus parked in front of them and veering right just as another car is turning down from Prospect Hill side. The stop needs to be moved down closer to the bottom of the hill.

Agreed. What was wrong with where it was anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mars bar wrote: »
    Agreed. What was wrong with where it was anyway?

IMHO there's not really enough space there for the Burkes bus stop and the traffic and the regular buses and the city tour buses. Far too many messy situations where buses have to stop at odd angles, or BE drivers simply refuse to let people off at that stop.

But I suspect it's to do with the proposal to put a bus priority lane down Bothar Uí Eithir and Forster St (there's a notice about it tied to one of the parking signs in Forster St)

Advertisement