Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan on de Wimminz

• 15-06-2010 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

What's your opinion on it.. does it make the Irish lassies look more attractive on a night out, or just look like Oompa-loompas?

Fake Tan on Women... 285 votes

Looks good (I'm a man)
    0% 0 votes
    Oompa Loompa Lumpedy Doo (I'm a man)
    9% 28 votes
    Looks good (I'm a woman)
    71% 203 votes
    Oompa Loompa Lumpedy Doo (I'm a man)
    7% 20 votes
    Atari Jaffa Cakes
    11% 34 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think when it's done right, it looks great.

A tan does make you look healthier imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Depends really,some women go mad with it,others not so much.

I know a person who works with the local paper,he says on the pics from nights out some women need to be photo-shopped to tone down the orange.

Thats when it would be too much I would suspect.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Depends really,some women go mad with it,others not so much.

I know a person who works with the local paper,he says on the pics from nights out some women need to be photo-shopped to tone down the orange.

Thats when it would be too much I would suspect.....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

What's your opinion on it.. does it make the Irish lassies look more attractive on a night out, or just look like Oompa-loompas?

You strike me as someone who wants a rigourous scientific test to fully establish the effect of fake tan on attractiveness.

For the next two weeks I will rate every girl I see out of 10, while noting if they have natural skin colour or look like slappers. I shall return with my findings.

P.S. Feel free to send on any pictures of girlfriends, sisters, mothers, etc and I will include them in my research. Naked preferably but scantily clad reluctantly accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Girls who can't put it on shouldn't try. If it' done right it looks great.

But there is nothin worse than having to throw out a good bed sheet because of some tango ***** doesn't know how to use fake tan and sticks to your bed.

It gets all over the sink and everything!

But it's hilarious when it rains!

Drips off. So, so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

9/10 times natural skin would be nicer

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I little bit of a subtle tan can look nice.
    Slathered in orange stuff = you look like a bottle of TK lemonade. Hint of a brown tan = lovely and healthy glow.
    In the last couple of days I've seen one woman so mottled with white and orange she looked like a tortoiseshell cat and another woman out in the rain wearing shorts, with orange tan washing off her legs making an orange puddle where she stood. These women did not look nice. At all. For the love of God, why would someone put on wash-off tan in IRELAND on a WET day. Sigh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think when it's done right, it looks great.

A tan does make you look healthier imo.
    See? This is the crucial part. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think it's great. Instead of having to waste 90 seconds talking to them, you can tell she's a tool with a single glance.

WIN!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm finding it hard to decide between options 2 and 4

Fake Tan on Women...

- Looks good (I'm a man)
    - Oompa Loompa Lumpedy Doo (I'm a man)
    - Looks good (I'm a woman)
    - Atari Jaffa Cakes

• Advertisement

I'm finding it hard to decide between options 2 and 4

Fake Tan on Women...

- Looks good (I'm a man)
    - Looks good (I'm a woman)
    - Atari Jaffa Cakes

Copy & paste = Poll fail.

DOH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I don't know why women go to the bother TBH. Fake tan looks....fake?

Nothing wrong with a milky pale complexion. In fact dare i say it, i like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Dude, there umpa lumpas whove been facially raped bye a crayon!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drops of Jupiter

OP,

Were you genuinely curious as to other's view of fake tan on women?
    Looks like another AH thinly veiled lame attempt to rally the troops to have yet another AH women bashing session (slappers, tango bitches etc)! Sigh.

Next there will be thread about how disgusting Irish women are because they are too pale.

I am not sure how well threads about how fat, pale, ugly, gross Irish men are would be received.

And before all the muppets gang up in force (I am not ugly, fat, a lesbian, sex starved,a feminazi or even pale for that matter!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Your fake tan looks good.. LOL JK You f**king lobster
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Op - think you should have said Irish 'people', not just women, as you are now going to get tarred by the fake tan brush by the womenz on here

On another note, I prefer the fake tan with the pin stripes....

Mr Yellow wrote: »
    Op - think you should have said Irish 'people', not just women, as you are now going to get tarred by the fake tan brush by the womenz on here

On another note, I prefer the fake tan with the pin stripes....

Is that how Mrs.Yellow wears it? :p

OP,

I would think that was the reason behind the OP starting this thread.
    (I am not ugly, fat, a lesbian, sex starved,a feminazi or even pale for that matter!)

Wow, that's some description of what you are not, where was ugly fat lesbian or sex starved mentioned in the opening post?.
    And before all the muppets gang up in force.

This isn't doing you any favours tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Is that how Mrs.Yellow wears it? :p

She aint called Mrs Yellow for nothing ya know.. :D Shuda called myself Mr Orange now that i think of it..
    The pin stripe stuff is like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Posy wrote: »
    See? This is the crucial part. ;)
    But the crucial part you're missing is that most girls seem to have no idea they can't put it on right.

Any girl who regularly wears fake tan obviously thinks she is doing a good job even if she is actually looking like an oompa loompa.

• Advertisement

OP,

Looks like another AH thinly veiled lame attempt to rally the troops to have yet another AH women bashing session (slappers, tango bitches etc)! Sigh.

Next there will be thread about how disgusting Irish women are because they are too pale.

I am not sure how well threads about how fat, pale, ugly, gross Irish men are would be received.

And before all the muppets gang up in force (I am not ugly, fat, a lesbian, sex starved,a feminazi or even pale for that matter!)

Is there a full moon tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I think when it's done right, it looks great
    So... never? :rolleyes:

The only way it can be done right is a very light tan from the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I only see it as functional - something to tone down extreme paleness at the start of the summer, and just a hint of it at that, on areas that take longest to get a colour (legs usually as they're covered so much). I'm fair-skinned and anything more than the above would look ridiculous on me. It's possible though to apply it in such a way as to give the appearance of no fake tan at all. Requires a really good brand though, and lots of exfoliation and moisturising beforehand. So the more subtle the desired result, the longer the application takes.

SugarHigh wrote: »
    But the crucial part your missing is that most girls seem to have no idea they can't put it on right.

Any girl who regularly wears fake tan obviously thinks she is doing a good job even if she is actually looking like an oompa loompa.

Posy is not missing anything, she was agreeing with my post where I said if it's done right it looks good and you can look healthier.:pac:

Posy is not missing anything, she was agreeing with my post where I said if it's done right it looks good and you can look healthier.:pac:
    She is missing the point that how would she know it is done right?

Obviously the girls who fúcked it up thought they did it right.

She is missing the point that how would she know it is done right?

She only has to look, like the rest of us who can spot a fake tan by the white bits that are so noticeable.

If it is done right, your attention is not drawn to it.

She only has to look, like the rest of us who can spot a fake tan by the white bits that are so noticeable.
    So how does anyone end up with constantly shít fake tan?

They were obviously relying on their own opinion and that of their friends but that didn't stop them looking like crap so why is it different for you.

I bet they have the exact same conversation as this talking about other peoples bad tans while not realising their own is awful.

How are you immune to doing what they did since they obviously had the same thought process as you?

My post count has a 69 in it.

Just thought I'd mention that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

You know when you've been tango'd :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6yCgtehwUE

Ah, some on - comparing Jessica Simpson to the ressurected corpse of Tuntankahmun is hardly a fair comparison.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dude, there umpa lumpas whove been facially raped bye a crayon!!!!!

You and your face rapings by crayolas!
    Dudess wrote: »
    I only see it as functional - something to tone down extreme paleness at the start of the summer, and just a hint of it at that, on areas that take longest to get a colour (legs usually as they're covered so much). I'm fair-skinned and anything more than the above would look ridiculous on me. It's possible though to apply it in such a way as to give the appearance of no fake tan at all. Requires a really good brand though, and lots of exfoliation and moisturising beforehand. So the more subtle the desired result, the longer the application takes.

Its very very hard to get a good false tan. There are other products out there that can even out skin tone. (I use MACs Face and Body).

Most of the time girls know when their false tan looks sh!te but they usually try and cover it up which means applying more false tan over the bad false tan.

Jessica still looks orange!

So how does anyone end up with constantly shít fake tan?

Like I said, when it's not done right, or if you prefer they haven't had it done professionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i would imagine jessica simpson has her own sunbed at home, she looks like a wwe wrestler there

speaking of fake tan, was out in gothenburg and malmo last week, didn't see one swedish girl wearing fake tan, when i got back into london first two girls i see in the airport were wearing so much fake tan it was dripping off em :mad:

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i would imagine jessica simpson has her own sunbed at home, she looks like a wwe wrestler there

speaking of fake tan, was out in gothenburg and malmo last week, didn't see one swedish girl wearing fake tan, when i got back into london first two girls i saw were wearing so much fake tan it was dripping off em :mad:

I would wrestle Jessica Simpson no matter what she was wearing.

And swedish women are smokin!

(Goes to have cold shower - too much hottness mentioned in one post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Ah, some on - comparing Jessica Simpson to the ressurected corpse of Tuntankahmun is hardly a fair comparison.

;)

i'm talking about the coulour of the skin not the person

i'm talking about the coulour of the skin not the person
    So was he. She looks like beef jerky.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭wildswan

Yeuch!! Almost as bad as ug boots! Never looks real IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I don't like it in theory or in practice. A tan from spending your life in the sun looks different. The skin looks different. That's healthy looking. The too-soft unreal tanned skin just doesn't look right. I'd take someone's true skin condition and tone any day. Since I'm primarily exposed to Irish women, most of them are naturally fairly pale, and I like that, and when I see people who are naturally tanned from the sun I like that too.

• Advertisement

Teutorix wrote: »
    So... never? :rolleyes:

I didn't say that.
    Teutorix wrote: »
    The only way it can be done right is a very light tan from the sun.

You cannot get an all over tan from just lying there sunbathing.

To get an even tan all over you need a spray tan or one of the many cream tans available in your local supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

Us Irish have seem to perfected the whole fake tan business.

I seen at least 200 Simpsons on Harcourt Street on the weekend.

Well look at it this way, at least we dont have ganguro girls. *shudders*

:confused:

Find a nude beach. :p

Or your back garden

:confused:

Well you can't, not an all over tan!

Even going nude, it's impossible to get an even tan all over.

What am I missing here!!:p

Well you can't, not an all over tan!

Well i dont think a man cares if you have a tan right up yer crack.

You must be forgetting to turn over. :D

Fine, find a nude beach and a rotisserie.

For what it's worth, I think that it doesn't really matter how even it is if it looks fake, and let's face it, how many Irish girls naturally have a brown tan, excepting those recently returned from foreign holidays? And how many of those are going to be very even and without patches where, y'know, they had clothes on? Fake tan, for these reasons, looks fake. It just looks out of place here, playing to some imported aesthetic ideal. Healthy people are attractive. If you spend your life working in hot sun, you'll have a tan, and it'll probably look brilliant. If you're in a nightclub in Dublin, in your tiny dress and ridiculous heels, in January, when it's been pissing rain for five months and we haven't seen the sun in four, it looks ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement