Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

no scope wrote: »
    Just thought while we were talking about drugs check this out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gs6U9pxS0&p=A1245E54A5DEDCAB&playnext=1&index=37

I'm dying laughing... :D

Thanks, I needed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Seriously tho, Who does Crack??????
    Crackheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Cannabis - :cool:
    Ecstasy - :D
    Cocaine - :eek:
    Poppers - ;)
    Heroin - :(
    Magic Mushrooms - :pac:
    Alcohol - :mad:

Anyone else wanna fill in the gaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Acieed - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Poppers - ;)

Anyone else wanna fill in the gaps?

Get some help!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

THFC wrote: »
    Get some help!!

Does heroin count as help? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'm from Holland. We don't do drugs. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Poppers - ;)

Anyone else wanna fill in the gaps? cracks

Fyp :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

It's funny how 326 people say they've taken ecstasy but only 41 say they have taken heroin. Ever wondered what the speckles in "speckled doves" are? A good reason to just legalize the damn things, at least that way people can get their drugs tested to see what's in them. Pure MDMA ecstasy is pretty rare and rather expensive. Most pills are usually cut with cocaine, speed, heroin, and a lot more dangerous substances.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's funny how 326 people say they've taken ecstasy but only 41 say they have taken heroin. Ever wondered what the speckles in "speckled doves" are?
    There is a big, big difference....

• Advertisement

theres 2 on the list I havent taken, and one of them aint even Ilegal, I must see about gettin some for the wekend :D

Seriously tho, Who does Crack??????

I tried it once when I was in the States, it's horrible. I can only imagine the reason people take it is because it's incredibly addictive and cheap compared to regular cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It's funny how 326 people say they've taken ecstasy but only 41 say they have taken heroin. Ever wondered what the speckles in "speckled doves" are? A good reason to just legalize the damn things, at least that way people can get their drugs tested to see what's in them. Pure MDMA ecstasy is pretty rare and rather expensive. Most pills are usually cut with cocaine, speed, heroin, and a lot more dangerous substances.

Generally speaking, people don't cut drugs with expensive drugs. I see what you are trying to say....but your bloody WAY off.

Zascar wrote: »
    There is a big, big difference....

Well my point was if you tick ecstasy you may as well tick cocaine, amphetamines, and heroin. The effect may be different but you're still taking those others drugs too, whether you're aware of it or not.

Generally speaking, people don't cut drugs with expensive drugs. I see what you are trying to say....but your bloody WAY off.

Speed and heroin are dirt cheap compared to pure MDMA, which is why they are used to cut pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Speed and heroin are dirt cheap compared to pure MDMA, which is why they are used to cut pills.

In all fairness though, why would you bother cutting them with heroin when you can cut them with any crappy powder???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well my point was if you tick ecstasy you may as well tick cocaine, amphetamines, and heroin. The effect may be different but you're still taking those others drugs too, whether you're aware of it or not.
    I'm not disputing the fact that there might on occasion be traces of heroin in pills, the point I'm making is that making is that there is a massive difference between that and someone actively makes the decision to smoke heroin. I'm sure most of us know many many people who have done ecstasy - but out of the dozens of people I know who have done copious amounts of drugs, I don't know anyone who has done heroin. You cannot put heroin in with drugs like cocaine and esctasy - plenty of people would do loads of both all the time but never even dream of doing heroin. It's completely in its own league when it comes to drugs...

I'm not disputing the fact that there might on occasion be traces of heroin in pills, the point I'm making is that making is that there is a massive difference between that and someone actively makes the decision to smoke heroin. I'm sure most of us know many many people who have done ecstasy - but out of the dozens of people I know who have done copious amounts of drugs, I don't know anyone who has done heroin. You cannot put heroin in with drugs like cocaine and esctasy - plenty of people would do loads of both all the time but never even dream of doing heroin. It's completely in its own league when it comes to drugs...

Yeah, I agree with you. I've actually tried all of the drugs on the poll except heroin. I've probably taken a pill once or twice with heroin in it but like you say, it was not really an informed decision. I did actually try smoking opium in the States but didn't get anything off it. I was told it doesn't work the first time for some people but I never bothered trying it again.

Edit: I will say it's a bit strange how much negativity heroin gets in this country. I guess junkies are on the same level here as crackheads in the U.S. Having lived in the U.S. for a good few years, I'd just like to say we're pretty lucky to have heroin addicts instead of crack addicts here. Crackheads are fúcking scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

You know whats cheaper than heroin? Chalk, or baking soda, or lactose, or corn starch.

Speed is common enough in ecstasy because it gives a slightly similar effect to MDMA, heroin is not because it wouldn't even be active taken orally even if the pill was entirely heroin. Putting heroin in ecstasy pills would make as much fiscal sense as putting gold dust in there, it simply does not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Wertz wrote: »
    Talk about throwing yourself in at the deep end.
    Mushrooms are not where I'd choose to start my experience level from...
    "Lost a friend"...what, you mean had a falling out or, that they died, or what?

Falling out is the closest description to what happened. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Yeah, I agree with you. I've actually tried all of the drugs on the poll except heroin. I've probably taken a pill once or twice with heroin in it but like you say, it was not really an informed decision. I did actually try smoking opium in the States but didn't get anything off it. I was told it doesn't work the first time for some people but I never bothered trying it again.

Edit: I will say it's a bit strange how much negativity heroin gets in this country. I guess junkies are on the same level here as crackheads in the U.S. Having lived in the U.S. for a good few years, I'd just like to say we're pretty lucky to have heroin addicts instead of crack addicts here. Crackheads are fúcking scary.

I agree completely. There is a saying on the difference between heroin and coke users - you steal for heroin and would kill for crack. It is very true, crack is far, far worse than heroin.

On the poll, I ticked them all - oh dear :o:o

Albeit it was a long time ago - during my youth

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah I also notices that Ice/Crystal Meth aint on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Yeah I also notices that Ice/Crystal Meth aint on the list.

Is that something you can get around Ireland - I never encountered it once in England years ago.

I know there is a serious problem with it in the US and Australia.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Is that something you can get around Ireland - I never encountered it once in England years ago.
    It's non-existent here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Pace2008 wrote: »
    It's non-existent here.

Ahh it's around, in certain circles, just not common. Unfortunately I really expect this to change over the next 5 years or so. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

strobe wrote: »
    Ahh it's around, in certain circles, just not common. Unfortunately I really expect this to change over the next 5 years or so. Hope I'm wrong.
    crystal meth will never catch on in ireland.the reason why it is popular in austrailia is because cocaine is so dear over there it can cost up to $350 for a gram
    while in ireland you should pay 70 max
    it is popular in america because most of the people on welfare over there
    are actually poverty stricken no such thing as the dole there(i know they have social security thats not what i am talking about)
    while the dole is 196 i dont think there will be crystal meth prob in ireland
    it has been around the past 2 years it never caught on
    i was offered it a few times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Is Breaking Bad on the Telly in Ireland?????

if So expect a rise in interest for Meth.

Horrid Fukkin mess of a drug tho.

strobe wrote: »
    i was offered it a few times
    I guess I'm just not in with the cool kids :(

crystal meth will never catch on in ireland.
    Lets hope so, its a fukking horrific drug. Worse than Heroin in ways. There are a few documentaries on it that are really good. The Meth Epidemic, The City Addicted to Crystal Meth, also check out "The Faces of Meth"
    http://www.methmadness.com/addictfacesofmethL.jpg

Because it can be make from easily available chemicals - active ingredient being nasal congestion tablets, anyone can make it in their shed. Although make one mistake and it blows up in your face leaving you with horrific burns. Oh and lets not forget 'Meth Mouth'.

Lets hope so, its a fukking horrific drug. Worse than Heroin in ways. There are a few documentaries on it that are really good. The Meth Epidemic, The City Addicted to Crystal Meth, also check out "The Faces of Meth"
    http://www.methmadness.com/addictfacesofmethL.jpg
    Can't be all that bad...seems it helped the second bloke on the top row grow his hair back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Bring in Meth for a certain class of people in Ireland, the people who have no respect for life, who would kill you for 20 cents and sit next to your mother at your wake for 10 cents.

Advertisement