Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't get the appeal of taking any of these....I don't even like drinking much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of taking any of these....I don't even like drinking much.

hey we cant all be cool :cool::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Well, I'd also think if someone bought an unmarked, unidentifiable pill off someone they didn't know in a club, they'd be idiots.

But that's not what everyone does. There are ways and means to greatly increase the chances of buying drugs (or, more specifically, pills) of decent quality if you use the resources that have been made available in recent years - sites that allow users to discuss the effects and purported contents of various stamps; groups to whom you can send your pills for laboratory testing, who will then put the contents of the assayed drugs on their site for all to see; and relatively inexpensive reagent kits that help identify the class of compounds contained in the tested substance.

Right, so you're still not absolutely sure you're going to be getting cast-iron guaranteed, 100% pharmaceutical-grade MDMA, but it is still by no means the game of Russian roulette with an ecstasy pill and a shot of rat poison that so many people seem to think.

Ah, it kinda is though......

Throwing up a lot of nice ideas about how you can hedge your bets but I'd bet 95% of people who take a pill in a club have nothing more than a vague idea of what it's supposed to be and most don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Wow really surprised at the results of this. Like I expected maybe weed to be high but the rest-wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Throwing up a lot of nice ideas about how you can hedge your bets but I'd bet 95% of people who take a pill in a club have nothing more than a vague idea of what it's supposed to be and most don't care.
    You could say 95% of people that get a prescription from their doctor have nothing more than a vague idea what it's supposed to be and most don't care.

If you see your dealer has eyes that are all pupil and is jawing then you know what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

ScumLord wrote: »
    You could say 95% of people that get a prescription from their doctor have nothing more than a vague idea what it's supposed to be and most don't care.

If you see your dealer has eyes that are all pupil and is jawing then you know what to expect.

That's an absolutely ridiculous argument. Absolutely mental.

Are you so desperate to justify the taking of illegal drugs that you genuinely consider a prescription drug (that has been prescribed for you by a medical doctor) with years of research and hugely expensive quality controls behind it, to be the same as a pill in a niteclub? Really??

That's insane........but then we have your second point (which you mentioned earlier). I believe you consider yourself to have the ability to analyise complex pharmacological ingredients by staring into the face of the person who is trying to sell them to you.

Do drugs if you want to take the chance. But don't talk complete rubbish to try and justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No, really, it isn't. Can you imagine the apocalyptic death toll and pandemic of complications related to bad pills if the reality was anything like what you're trying to depict?
    They are not simply "nice ideas," they are fairly pragmatic approaches that have - put it down to luck if it helps reinforce your preconceptions - brought my success rate of acquiring pills with MDMA up to 100% since they've been implemented.

I'd have to say that, based on personal experience, your arbitrary 95% figure is ungenerously high. Certainly, I've encountered plenty of idiots along the years who would happily imbibe anything vaguely powdery or pill-shaped if there was a chance the unknown contents within would alter their conciousness to some degree.

I've also met plenty of astute individuals who enjoyed MDMA and would not simply accept any fifty-cent-a-pop job from some scaldy in a cap. There are no lack of people who know their good drugs from dirty piperazines and other random ****e and would utilise the same resources as I to ensure they get the high they want. In any case, it only takes one clued-in individual in a peer group to inform their friends on what's good and what's bad at any given time.

That's an absolutely ridiculous argument. Absolutely mental.

Are you so desperate to justify the taking of illegal drugs that you genuinely consider a prescription drug (that has been prescribed for you by a medical doctor) with years of research and hugely expensive quality controls behind it, to be the same as a pill in a niteclub? Really??

That's insane........but then we have your second point (which you mentioned earlier). I believe you consider yourself to have the ability to analyise complex pharmacological ingredients by staring into the face of the person who is trying to sell them to you.

Do drugs if you want to take the chance. But don't talk complete rubbish to try and justify it.
    No, you said you didn't know what was in the drug I just pointed out that lay people aren't going to know what's in any drug they're just trusting the person that gives them the drug.

The effects of different drugs are quite obvious to people that know what to look for through experience. Maybe you just need more practice being around people that use drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Eh you usually ask the lad who looks like he's having a great ****ing time who sold it to him. That's if your blind buying of course.

I haven't read back through your posts but I'm going to assume you're an expert on something you have no experience of? Well bar some cousin or friend who nearly died or some other crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

You have already voted on this poll

But what If Ive had some more since it started :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pills are very dangerous. The people who deal them know that the best way to make money is have their customers die so they purposely poison them. Or something.

Drinking is a different league of drug altogether, saying you don't like drink doesn't mean you wouldn't like some other drug. I've gone off drink lately to the point I don't think I'll ever drink again, it's a horrible buzz that can cause you to do horrible things. In all my years of drug use I can easily say without a shadow of a doubt that drink is the most dangerous and debilitating drug I've taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Keep on trying, you'll find it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

did the heroin junkies send there vote by the post

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

should cigarettes be in this poll worst drug i have taken followed by alcohol wait there the legal 1s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

None, zero, zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Grass, much better than alcohol on so many levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Well I've just picked up my supply for EP.

Not from dodgy drug dealers, but highly professional people who I know and trust guaranteeing me top quality drugs and a top class weekend.

The Breakdown...

1) 1/4 Ounce of weed (7grams) bought off a friend of my cousin for 60e. He's been perfecting the art of hydroponics for years having completed a degree in horticulture and now cultivates his supply in a small house out in Blessington.

2) 1.5 grams of MDMA for 110e got off a dutch mate of mine who came over with 18g of almost pure brown MDMA crystals which he had shoved up his ass from a flight from Schipol. He used to live with the guy who manufactures it in a small village outside Eindhoven. This is amazing quality.

3) Zopitan (Zopiclone) sleeping tablets to help me get some sleep after overindulging in no.2

4) 2 bottle of Jaegermeister and 1 bottle of Jameson.

All high quality product. Source and quality known and guaranteed. Nobody hurt, exploited or murdered in their manufacture or selling. Taxes paid to the government on two, if the government were more forward thinking taxes could be paid on four (another arguement for another day!)

ROLL ON EP!

Jesus, I better tell me mate that MDMA is worth a lot more than he seems to think it is. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Well I've just picked up my supply for EP.

Not from dodgy drug dealers, but highly professional people who I know and trust guaranteeing me top quality drugs and a top class weekend.

The Breakdown...

1) 1/4 Ounce of weed (7grams) bought off a friend of my cousin for 60e. He's been perfecting the art of hydroponics for years having completed a degree in horticulture and now cultivates his supply in a small house out in Blessington.

2) 1.5 grams of MDMA for 110e got off a dutch mate of mine who came over with 18g of almost pure brown MDMA crystals which he had shoved up his ass from a flight from Schipol. He used to live with the guy who manufactures it in a small village outside Eindhoven. This is amazing quality.

3) Zopitan (Zopiclone) sleeping tablets to help me get some sleep after overindulging in no.2

4) 2 bottle of Jaegermeister and 1 bottle of Jameson.

All high quality product. Source and quality known and guaranteed. Nobody hurt, exploited or murdered in their manufacture or selling. Taxes paid to the government on two, if the government were more forward thinking taxes could be paid on four (another arguement for another day!)

ROLL ON EP!
    Am I the only one who thinks its a bit sad that you require so much substances in order to have a good weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks its a bit sad that you require so much substances in order to have a good weekend?

Yes.

Bit of a failure in logic really. I can have a nice meal but sometimes it's the smoke afterwards that's really nice. Why should one be compelled to settle for less?

housetypeb wrote: »
    Yes.

No, I am with Wolfe Tone on that one.

The Oz will last me much longer than the weekend. 1.5g of MDMA is not that much for 3 days of a festival.

3 bottle of liquor cost 60e. That's the equivalent of 12 pints (4 pints per day) or about 7 cocktails down there. Do the maths!

EGAR wrote: »
    No, I am with Wolfe Tone on that one.

I'm not.

ebixa82 wrote: »
    I'm not.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion - as I am to mine. That's the beauty of a discussion board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I wouldn't need all that gear to enjoy the weekend. I'd have a blast at EP sober as a judge.

But by ****, that's the right way to enhance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

TBH I'd need double that to enjoy "Electric picnic".

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neonlampshade

This is just something that popped into my head today after realising magic mushrooms are a class A drug. What do they use to classify these drugs? Because after reading this allot of the "drugs" that are there including class A ( sorry I'm using the English classification its easier to understand and effectively the same) the majority of these drugs(mdma, cannabis, LSD, mushrooms and so on.) are in many ways far less harmful and addictive then legal drugs available and I'm not talking about "head shop" stuff, I'm talking about alcohol and tobacco. All the reasoning's for these being illegal is either there's no medical benefit (when there is) or either and there physical harm, which is far beneath that of alcohol and tobacco.

The law seems to be based around the assumption that people will abuse the substances regardless, but the same assumption is not given to alcohol.

The reason I'm posting this is because I would like to hear peoples opinions on it? Do you think that any of these drugs will ever be legalised or not at all, should they or should they not?

• Advertisement

Many should be legalised, they'd be safer, revenue could be raised and it would be a massive cut in funding for criminal organisations.

Advertisement