Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Cannabis isn't as addictive as on your chart, it's usually just the tobacco it's mixed with that gets people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Drugs shouldn't be legalised, they're terrible, look at heroin addicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Legalise them all and tax them that way they can reduce tax on tobacco :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, drugs will never be legalised. Everything would be banned if the government had their way.

They think we need them to tell us what to do and when to do it. Cannabis will never be legalised, I can't even be trusted to buy drink in a bleedin' offo after 10 o'clock!

We live in a nanny state. If you rang Joe Duffy and told him you were addicted to **** it would be made illegal the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

magic mushrooms are a class A drug

shouldn't read class A drug but should read A class drug.

• Advertisement

On a slightly different kilter............. how ridiculous is it that they've made something a class A drug........... THAT GROWS NATURALLY IN THE F*CKING GROUND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

amacachi wrote: »

Street Heroin is full of additives that create many extra multiple medical conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

MrStuffins wrote: »
    We live in a nanny state. If you rang Joe Duffy and told him you were addicted to **** it would be made illegal the next day!

"It's terrible Joe, all these wankers everywhere!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neonlampshade

amacachi wrote: »

I never mentioned heroin? cocaine bad heroin bad yes indeed, but you are aware when your prescribed painkillers by a doctor, if you have the know how you can exctract something similar to it, codine. Obviously don't legalise heroin, what your getting on about is the gateway drug theory. This only exists simply because low core drugs are illegal, read the chart i'm talking about the ones in the yellow(safe zone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

One drugs thread is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If you rang Joe Duffy and told him you were addicted to ****

I really, really want to do this now. I will ring up complaining about drugs in Ireland, and then start mouthing about how masturbation is my only addiction. I will honestly do this, I just need a new simcard first.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neonlampshade

Lads, drugs will never be legalised. Everything would be banned if the government had their way.

They think we need them to tell us what to do and when to do it. Cannabis will never be legalised, I can't even be trusted to buy drink in a bleedin' offo after 10 o'clock!

I'd watch out now about the cannabis thing now, our government doesn't necessarily chose these laws we seem to just copy the UK and US, and if you look into it cannabis may very well become legal in the US very soon. If you keep up with info on "the war on drugs" its ending prohibition doesn't work and people are starting to realise it! :)

super-rush wrote: »
    Threads merged.

One drugs thread is enough.

Yeah, that's how it starts. with one.

And then you get a taste for it. You try another and you love it. Before you know it you're awash in a sea of drug threads on AH and you're lured into a room where all the AH moderators sit you down and tell you how it's effecting them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Too many people making a killing off prohibition.

Cops
    Solictors
    Barristers
    Judges
    Prison officers
    Customs officers
    Parole officers

These people wouldn't have it any other way. Sustained prohibition is not about protecting the public it's about protecting the pay packets of those who fail every day trying to stop drug use.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I just ate an entire mdma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

wild_cat wrote: »
    I haven't read back through your posts but I'm going to assume you're an expert on something you have no experience of? Well bar some cousin or friend who nearly died or some other crap?

I'm not an expert so I'm offering my opinion. I never claimed it was otherwise.

No. No cousin/friend dying on me.

Your argument, taken to its logical conclusion would mean that anyone who hasn't tried shoplifting, arson, ****ing in a lift full of people, tax evasion, kicking the head off someone, etc has no business offering an opinion as to wether these things are good/bad or indifferent for society (or for the individuals involved).

So I need to take drugs to have a properly formed opionion about not taking drugs? Brilliant insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Your argument, taken to its logical conclusion would mean that anyone who hasn't tried shoplifting, arson, ****ing in a lift full of people, tax evasion, kicking the head off someone, etc has no business offering an opinion as to wether these things are good/bad or indifferent for society (or for the individuals involved).

So I need to take drugs to have a properly formed opionion about not taking drugs? Brilliant insight.

I had to stoop to that level to get over you linking to the faces of meth when talking about ecstasy is all. Stupidity breeds stupidity as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

wild_cat wrote: »
    I had to stoop to that level to get over you linking to the faces of meth when talking about ecstasy is all. Stupidity breeds stupidity as they say.

Main trick in getting through life is not being supid enough to believe your own bull**** when it's telling you that you know best. So, yeah, I could be way wrong on this. But if I am it has no real consequence. If you're wrong maybe it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

ebixa82 wrote: »
    The Oz will last me much longer than the weekend. 1.5g of MDMA is not that much for 3 days of a festival.

3 bottle of liquor cost 60e. That's the equivalent of 12 pints (4 pints per day) or about 7 cocktails down there. Do the maths!

Don't forget your 5-HTP and Magnesium supplements to allow you to enjoy the full potential of the MDMA.

And those Z drugs leave an awful metallic taste in your gob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Fúck it, I almost got a full house - quick, anyone got any heroin they don't want?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Main trick in getting through life is not being supid enough to believe your own bull**** when it's telling you that you know best. So, yeah, I could be way wrong on this. But if I am it has no real consequence. If you're wrong maybe it does.

Your complete lack of knowledge and experience as well as ignorance on the subject matter makes this thread a highly entertaining albeit cringeworthy affair. Keep it coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

If poppers are an option then you might as well put glue and yacht varnish as a options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Lemsiper wrote: »
    And those Z drugs leave an awful metallic taste in your gob.

But it's grand, cos you're asleep! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

See now your straight away associating drug use with violent crime, you don't seem to be able to able to listen to what normal people are telling you about their drug use, instead just believing what you've heard or seen in tabloids and movies.

It probably wouldn't hurt if just to give you some perspective, you'll see drugs don't make you violent, turn you into an addict or ruin your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Well in my opinion that is a false analogy. You are attempting to equate personal drug use with a moral argument against inflicting injury/injustice on others. A better analogy to drug taking would be to partaking in an extreme sport, or any sport in general. While it may be very hard for you to see the benefits of doing something you perceive to be dangerous, it does not equate that behavior with violence/theft/whatever else, and I think it would be quite arrogant to say something is morally wrong simply because you do not see the benefits in it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Too many people making a killing off prohibition.

Cops
    Solictors
    Barristers
    Judges
    Prison officers
    Customs officers
    Parole officers

These people wouldn't have it any other way. Sustained prohibition is not about protecting the public it's about protecting the pay packets of those who fail every day trying to stop drug use.

And lets not forget the Vintners Federation too. Orchard-omics and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think kits retarded the way a lot of people go "If they where not illegal the drug gangs wouldn't get the money!" As if saying that somehow makes it ok to go out and buy drugs from, guess who, the drug gangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I think kits retarded the way a lot of people go "If they where not illegal the drug gangs wouldn't get the money!" As if saying that somehow makes it ok to go out and buy drugs from, guess who, the drug gangs.

Seen any alcohol gangs lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Haven't taken any of them, which people either don't believe or used to mock me for...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

The government is a licensed drug gang. They make money from alcohol and cigarettes. Legal yes but also potentially deadly.

Advertisement