Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Weird ive never tried hash grass e's or coke but am fond of heroin

Not anymore though, recession an everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Wattle wrote: »
    The government is a licensed drug gang. They make money from alcohol and cigarettes. Legal yes but also potentially deadly.
    Do you feel that somehow justifies buying illegal drugs from dealers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

People should be allowed to take whatever they want whenever they want.

It is hypocritical to go blabbering on about the evils of drugs while having two of the most evil already legalised and heavily taxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

They both deal in death so what's the difference? The government arguably more-so since cigarettes and alcohol kill more people than illegal drugs combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

I've read through a lot of this thread in the past few days and it's been an interesting read.

One thing that is very revealing is the sheer number of the 21% of voters, who have never tried any of the drugs, who have then felt compelled to post in this thread informing us that:

"I never have taken any and I never will either". (or some variant of this) and then to go on and argue about why drugs are bad.

Like fair enough if you feel this way but writing this kind of posts makes you sound like a knob and a little bit narrow minded. It's almost like you're calling those who have dabbled in drugs idiots and are looking down upon them from your moral perch.

I've taken a number of the items on the list. I researched them all before I tried them and I took them in moderation. I fully realised that there were risks involved which I accepted as part of the experience. I wasn't taking them because I was depressed. I wasn't taking them because I was addicted to them and I wasn't taking them to fit in. I've had some amazing experiences on them and I don't regret experimenting with them.

Now what's really infuriating is when some people I know lecture me about my use of these drugs. The thing is these same people often smoke, binge drink, eat fast food and lead sedentary lifestyles yet they feel the urge to lecture me about drugs. Like it appears to be socially acceptable for them to tell me to stop taking certain drugs but not for me to tell them to get down the gym because they're 2 stone overweight. Fcuk off and mind your own business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Nothing like a nice spliff of the green after a long day. :D

Wattle wrote: »
    They both deal in death so what's the difference? The government arguably more-so since cigarettes and alcohol kill more people than illegal drugs combined.
    You don't see the difference between giving the govt money and drug gangs money? You don't see the difference in the activities of both which your money will fund? Really?

I'm no fan of the blueshirts but even they aren't as bad as the drug gangs and the damage they do in this country!

I dont touch the illegal stuff, thats for idiots and people who want to perpetuate the drug trade and all that goes with it.

At least with beer the only thing that gets hurt is my head, and if it was a night on the black stuff, the jacks in the morning too.

Yeah and the dead brain cells and damage to your liver is nothing too...(I have 4 alcohol related deaths in the family so I find your comment to be a bit "blind")

Alcohol can be as bad as a hard drug depending on how its taken.

I really can't see how people can be so against Cannabis. Especially if they have never tried it.

Obiously other drugs like Heroin, Meth so on are a different kettle of fish altogether.

Tried Speed the other night too, wasn't too bad of a buzz but wouldn't be too keen on it.

ebixa82 wrote: »

1) 1/4 Ounce of weed (7grams) bought off a friend of my cousin for 60e. He's been perfecting the art of hydroponics for years having completed a degree in horticulture and now cultivates his supply in a small house out in Blessington.

DAMN! That is a killer price! Jammy git. Have a good weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think kits retarded the way a lot of people go "If they where not illegal the drug gangs wouldn't get the money!" As if saying that somehow makes it ok to go out and buy drugs from, guess who, the drug gangs.
    Again your working under the assumption that anyone that is in any way associated with drug use is some sort of morally empty scumbag.

How does growing a plant or even refining a drug make you somehow bad?

The drug gangs are a direct result of the governments actions if you have a problem with drug gangs take it up with the law makers that encourage them.

I see it as no different than buying gold in just about any shop in the street or online. Children are dying digging that out of the ground, yet nobody seems to have a problem being complicit in that crime. You cannot blame the end consumer for the effects the rules of the trade have on society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I dont touch the illegal stuff, thats for idiots and people who want to perpetuate the drug trade and all that goes with it.

At least with beer the only thing that gets hurt is my head, and if it was a night on the black stuff, the jacks in the morning too.

I read that in this lads voice........ http://tiarastrash.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/begbie1.gif?w=302&h=446

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭teol

You don't see the difference between giving the govt money and drug gangs money? You don't see the difference in the activities of both which your money will fund? Really?

I'm no fan of the blueshirts but even they aren't as bad as the drug gangs and the damage they do in this country!

It's the government and bad rules that is causing the problem. Ask an A&E consultant how many cannabis overdoses they have seen in their career. The answer will be zero.

teol wrote: »
    It's the government and bad rules that is causing the problem. Ask an A&E consultant how many cannabis overdoses they have seen in their career. The answer will be zero.

To add....

Ask an A&E consultant how many alcohol overdoses they have seen last weekend.

But shur it's legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

ScumLord wrote: »
    Again your working under the assumption that anyone that is in any way associated with drug use is some sort of morally empty scumbag.

How does growing a plant or even refining a drug make you somehow bad?

The drug gangs are a direct result of the governments actions if you have a problem with drug gangs take it up with the law makers that encourage them.

I see it as no different than buying gold in just about any shop in the street or online. Children are dying digging that out of the ground, yet nobody seems to have a problem being complicit in that crime. You cannot blame the end consumer for the effects the rules of the trade have on society.

Don't forget the other legal drug of choice for most of the world, caffeine. Have you ever seen the conditions most coffee bean growers live in? It's despicable - all to feed the addictions of the, relatively, rich.
    People hear the word drug and funny things happen to their logic, their own drugs are fine, they somehow come over all Arsene Wenger and fail to see any bad in them.
    But the other ones....the "bad" ones.....coincidently the very ones they don't use themselves.....well they're only for scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Yes we do, hence the "legalise it" attitude.

People won't stop taking them because they are illegal, when are you going to realise this?

mikom wrote: »
    To add....

Ask an A&E consultant how many alcohol overdoses they have seen last weekend.

But shur it's legal.

To Add even further

Ask someone whos mother has been a Psychiatric Nurse for 30 years.

Number of illness from Cannabis = 0

Number of illness from Alcohol = At least 2 diaganosed per shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Have to say Luke "Ming" Flanagan has been a huge let down for the many of us in society that want to see the status of cannabis changed. Not that it was part of his election manifesto, but he spent his whole life advocating decriminalisation and still feels strongly about it. He just does nothing about it now he's in a position to.

Since the beginning of the year, the Gardai seem to be raiding large grow operations at least once a week. There were several in the past week, as well as intercepted shipments. They always throw out a number as well; "estimated value of one million", stuff like that. I would love to see the numbers at the end of the year regarding the estimated value of everything ceased, and the statistics on what percentage of all cannabis in society those seizures are likely to make up. Surely someone can estimate how much potential revenue the state is destroying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Have to say Luke "Ming" Flanagan has been a huge let down for the many of us in society that want to see the status of cannabis changed. Not that it was part of his election manifesto, but he spent his whole life advocating decriminalisation and still feels strongly about it. He just does nothing about it now he's in a position to.
    He hasn't really had the chance to do anything about it yet. Like you said he never promised he would, I would guess if he wants to get elected locally again he has to fulfil the promises he did make which I think he is doing.

Even though he was elected he still has a lot to prove, in many ways he may have been voted in as a FU to the popular parties.

It's only been a few months, give the man some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Since the beginning of the year, the Gardai seem to be raiding large grow operations at least once a week. There were several in the past week, as well as intercepted shipments.

Serious question, what are they doing with all this cannabis when it's been finished in its use as evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Serious question, what are they doing with all this cannabis when it's been finished in its use as evidence?

Apparently it's destroyed (and I doubt that it isn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

He hasn't really had the chance to do anything about it yet. Like you said he never promised he would, I would guess if he wants to get elected locally again he has to fulfil the promises he did make which I think he is doing.

Even though he was elected he still has a lot to prove, in many ways he may have been voted in as a FU to the popular parties.

It's not even that. He's one guy.

He needs a lot more people to get the job done with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

I think kits retarded the way a lot of people go "If they where not illegal the drug gangs wouldn't get the money!" As if saying that somehow makes it ok to go out and buy drugs from, guess who, the drug gangs.
    So should those of us who want to take drugs, and have no other means of getting them bar buying them off drug gangs, just not take them and campaign for their legality for our whole lives in futile hope that they might be legalized at some point?

Fuck that. It's entirely the fault of prohibition that drug gangs and all the violence etc. that goes with them exist.

I mean, to use the type of logic you're using, you have to have something against drugs (excluding alcohol, for some bizarre reason) fundamentally in the first place, regardless of legality. Can I ask why?

Yes we do, hence the "legalise it" attitude.

People won't stop taking them because they are illegal, when are you going to realise this?
    Scumbags preach about how it should be legalized and all the associated nastiness of the drug gangs will go away, maybe thats true, they then go out, buy drugs, and directly contribute to the untold suffering of people at the hands of drug dealing scum.

yawha wrote: »
    So should those of us who want to take drugs, and have no other means of getting them bar buying them off drug gangs, just not take them and campaign for their legality for our whole lives in futile hope that they might be legalized at some point?
    Yes.
    Fuck that. It's entirely the fault of prohibition that drug gangs and all the violence etc. that goes with them exist.

Get this into your head, when you go out and buy drugs, YOU directly contribute to the problem, and fund these scumbags. The only way YOU can directly act to stop them is to stop giving them your fcuking money, but no, its easier to blame the government and absolve yourself of personal responsibility isnt it?
    I mean, to use the type of logic you're using, you have to have something against drugs (excluding alcohol, for some bizarre reason) fundamentally in the first place, regardless of legality. Can I ask why?
    Or, acknowledge the destruction that drugs and the criminal carnival that surround them have done.

I think some drugs should be legalized sure, I would in all likelihood give some of them a bash myself, but they are not legal are they? And I'll be fcuked if I will give those scumbags my money and perpetuate a cycle of violence and suffering. Getting high isn't worth the human cost, but shure thats the govts fault ain't it? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Scumbags preach about how it should be legalized and all the associated nastiness of the drug gangs will go away, maybe thats true, they then go out, buy drugs, and directly contribute to the untold suffering of people at the hands of drug dealing scum.

You seem to be expecting more from people you consider scumbags and i can't quite figure out why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

heh heh.. Flanagan soaked the stoners right and proper.

As soon as he got the wedge, the tune changed and suddenly he was part of the 'establishment'.

Suddenly he realised that shambling around as a stoner didn't compute, when he could trouser up to 100k for portraying a 'rebel' attitude.

Rebel me bollix:D

Saw the light;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yes.

Get this into your head, when you go out and buy drugs, YOU directly contribute to the problem, and fund these scumbags. The only way YOU can directly act to stop them is to stop giving them your fcuking money, but no, its easier to blame the government and absolve yourself of personal responsibility isnt it?

Or, acknowledge the destruction that drugs and the criminal carnival that surround them have done.

I think some drugs should be legalized sure, I would in all likelihood give some of them a bash myself, but they are not legal are they? And I'll be fcuked if I will give those scumbags my money and perpetuate a cycle of violence and suffering. Getting high isn't worth the human cost, but shure thats the govts fault ain't it? FFS.

You clearly have limited knowledge of the drug trade and those involved in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Saw the light;)

Go away you :p

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »
    You clearly have limited knowledge of the drug trade and those involved in it.
    If only.

Advertisement