Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

makes perfect sense...the top 2 grow naturally, everything else is synthetic

Cocaine & heroin are not synthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

That has no relevance to the chemicals' safety profile.
    Cocaine & heroin are not synthetic.
    Heroin is semi-synthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Ok .. maybe i misunderstand.

Is it not highly additive?

should I give it a go:D

It is highly addictive.

Only you can answer if you should try it or not, it's against the forum rules for me to tell you what you should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

what's the significance of that?

Ok .. maybe i misunderstand.

Is it not highly additive?

should I give it a go:D
    It's as addictive as they come, but even then it would take several weeks of habitual use to develop a physical dependence.

You don't get addicted to something from trying it once.

• Advertisement

if cows and sheep etc are pissing and ****ting all over it, it's less harmful than a clean lab obviously ;)

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, and you probably know that a lot of people buy into the specious notion that natural necessarily equals good, despite the fact that some of the most dangerous drugs like datura and deadly nightshade come straight from the ground.

Just look at the market there is for natural (ineffective) herbal remedies and you'll see how prevalent this belief is.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, and you probably know that a lot of people buy into the specious notion that natural necessarily equals good, despite the fact that some of the most dangerous drugs like datura and deadly nightshade come straight from the ground.

Just look at the market there is for natural (ineffective) herbal remedies and you'll see how prevalent this belief is.

:( you took the fun out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Can't ever fly a plane if you've taken LSD.

Absolute nonsense. LSD is metabolised within a day or so of ingestion. Its half-life is around five hours. The urban myth about it staying in your spine is, well, an urban myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Pace2008 wrote: »
    It's as addictive as they come, but even then it would take several weeks of habitual use to develop a physical dependence.

You don't get addicted to something from trying it once.

im going to stick with caffeine. For now anyways.

Does it not scare the sh1t out of you , sticking a needle in your arm and pushing the stuff in.

Like taking a step too far?

I mean I have tried everything else on the list except crack. I have always thought of the last one as something I would be better off without.

Although I would love to feel its effects . I would be afraid I would like it.
    To many of those peeps begging on the streets in Dublin right now, liked it to much. scary stuff.

• Advertisement

Fremen wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. LSD is metabolised within a day or so of ingestion. Its half-life is around five hours. The urban myth about it staying in your spine is, well, an urban myth.
    I'm not sure if there's any truth in what he's saying, but LSD can, in rare instances, cause HPPD, which would be a bit of an occupational hazard for a pilot.

There's no way they could actually test if you'd taken LSD though, unless you'd tripped a few hours before a drugs test.

Does it not scare the sh1t out of you , sticking a needle in your arm and pushing the stuff in.

I have no idea; I've never tried it and it's not something that interests me (I like uppers). If I had to take it I'd smoke it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

that doesn't make any sense

Why doesn't it? Do you know how cocaine is extracted?

To many of those peeps begging on the streets in Dublin right now, liked it to much. scary stuff.

I wouldn't really blame the drug itself for that though. I asked someone about knows a lot about this area about addictions and he posted up this interesting reply. One of the things in it was that given a richer environment people are much more likely to be able to control their use of drugs. So I don't think well balanced people would have that much to fear.

I mean I have tried everything else on the list except crack. I have always thought of the last one as something I would be better off without.

people will piss their lives away be it for drink,gambling,heroin,whatever because they're morons. nothing else.

Why doesn't it? Do you know how cocaine is extracted?

because natural != good
    and synthetic != bad

I wouldn't really blame the drug itself for that though. I asked someone about knows a lot about this area about addictions and he posted up this interesting reply. One of the things in it was that given a richer environment people are much more likely to be able to control their use of drugs. So I don't think well balanced people would have that much to fear.

nice plug lol ;)

lol. that wasn't the intention. it doesn't need a plug anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

because natural != good
    and synthetic != bad

I never said that being natural was better health-wise, I could grow the top 2 drugs in my own garden and use them without any preparation.. which is good because no cartels are making monopolies from what I choose to do, and less people's lives are being affected negatively because of it.

Reminiscent of the Rat Park experiment, which also suggested that addiction was primarily the result of a dull and/or depressing environment.

• Advertisement

I never said that being natural was better health-wise, I could grow the top 2 drugs in my own garden and use them without any preparation.. which is good because no cartels are making monopolies from what I choose to do, and less people's lives are being affected negatively because of it.

that's why i only ever buy fairtrade cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

ketamine
    It's legal

if you're a vet.

if i was driving down the road tomorrow and a gard stopped me and took an ounce of ket off me, and ive misplaced desert orchids stethoscope, im going to be in for one long night down the station.

top top drug, really suited to those of us more into our mind fcuks so not for the faint minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

because natural != good
    and synthetic != bad

cleerly you havent had mdma then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I did understand why someone would take Heroin ??

Surly everyone knows by now the outcome . death, poverty, soiling the pants, Aids yada yada yada.....

Wasn't there an article uploaded on a thread here before about the upper-middle class guy with a nice job and family who was taking heroin on a regular basis with little issue.

A lot of the issues relating to it seem to be blown out of proportion and tend to do with the manner you take the drug and the person you are, more than anything else (specifically the type of drug)
    bluto63 wrote: »
    No it's not, it's a class C.

Oh and AFAIK we don't have a classification system, that's the UK

cleerly you havent had mdma then :pac:

You tryin to make out MDMA is bad? Its one of the best drugs goin, and has been for 30 years. Its just difficult to get your hands on these days, though more proper E are starting to come through again, thankfully.

Everyone has been passing off bloody Pip's as yokes for about 2/3 years now, absolute joke.

It gotten to the point that an E will cost nearly as much as it did 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've done a few on the list, don't do any of them anymore though. I only took LSD once, hallucinagenic drugs don't sit well with me. For that reason I'd never take mushies. I did take a pill laced with acid one night and I thought I was in Super Mario Land. I walking around the club, jumping in the air every few seconds thinking I was hitting the boxes with my head. That was fun!

I've done a few on the list, don't do any of them anymore though. I only took LSD once, hallucinagenic drugs don't sit well with me. For that reason I'd never take mushies. I did take a pill laced with acid one night and I thought I was in Super Mario Land. I walking around the club, jumping in the air every few seconds thinking I was hitting the boxes with my head. That was fun!

Ha ha thats hilarious! You didn't eat a fire flower at any stage did you? lol

I'm not one for the hallucinogens either. I rather the rush / out of it type drugs if you know what I mean! Amphetamines, MDMA, Coke etc are my fav's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cannabis is one of the filthiest drugs on the planet......doesn't put me off it, but it's probably dirtier than most E's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You tryin to make out MDMA is bad? Its one of the best drugs goin, and has been for 30 years. Its just difficult to get your hands on these days, though more proper E are starting to come through again, thankfully.

Everyone has been passing off bloody Pip's as yokes for about 2/3 years now, absolute joke.

It gotten to the point that an E will cost nearly as much as it did 20 years ago.
    Last time I looked, the cops still value pills at the same price they were 20 years ago!!

• Advertisement

Last time I looked, the cops still value pills at the same price they were 20 years ago!!

lol well yeah thats true!

But its now at the point where a proper E (if you can get one) might set you back €10-15.

I'm sure once more floods the market, the price will drop again, but there's been that little in the country over the past couple of years, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

A quick trip to pillreports.com will show you the amount of rubbish out there, and the small amounts of good stuff creeping back in

Advertisement