Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I suppose a pill would be worth 10-15 euro if you knew it would do the job, i'd sooner pay that than a fiver for some crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I suppose a pill would be worth 10-15 euro if you knew it would do the job, i'd sooner pay that than a fiver for some crap.

Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

You tryin to make out MDMA is bad? Its one of the best drugs goin, and has been for 30 years. Its just difficult to get your hands on these days, though more proper E are starting to come through again, thankfully.

Everyone has been passing off bloody Pip's as yokes for about 2/3 years now, absolute joke.

It gotten to the point that an E will cost nearly as much as it did 20 years ago.

mmmmmm I ment it as in if he had tried it he wouldnt be saying it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

RachPie wrote: »
    Never touched any of it - curiosity is sated with knowing what it does to your brain and your insides. PLus I can think of better ways to spend your money.

how to you know what it does to your brain and insides if you've never taken anything? i mean, fair enough with the like of heroin, coke anphetamines, they are very bad for your health, but what could you possibly know about anything else? i'm guessing the propoganda you've been drip fed since you were a child has brainwashed you into thinking you know what you're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

I'll do some weed once a blue moon, maybe a few times a year at most, just as an occasional alternative to alcohol every weekend. I don't think I'd ever really try anything else though.

Although ever since I read the Trinity SU guide to drugs a year or two ago I'm a bit curious about PCP. I think the phrase used was something along the lines of "switches off physical pain and increases physical strength" which sounds like my kinda drug!! They also said side effects were rare but that's when I knew it must have been written by a junkie because I believe you can have severe psychotic hallucinations on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

how to you know what it does to your brain and insides if you've never taken anything? i mean, fair enough with the like of heroin, coke anphetamines, they are very bad for your health, but what could you possibly know about anything else? i'm guessing the propoganda you've been drip fed since you were a child has brainwashed you into thinking you know what you're talking about
    You don't need to have taken drugs to research the medical papers detailing the potential adverse physical and mental effects of various psychoactives.

That said, the post you were replying to was a ridiculous sweeping statement, so I'd imagine the poster's views are rooted in misinformation taught from a young age.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    You don't need to have taken drugs to research the medical papers detailing the potential adverse physical and mental effects of various psychoactives.

That said, the post you were replying to was a ridiculous sweeping statement, so I'd imagine the poster's views are rooted in misinformation taught from a young age.

yup, that's what i was trying to get at. but reading about how beautiful the earth is from space doesn't mean you've learnt anything - same goes here. i wont take heroin because i dont want to risk becoming physically addicted - which is fair enough - but saying weed, poppers, mdma etc ****s up yer mind and body is a 'ridiculous sweeping statement'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I've never taken any sort of drug legal or otherwise and never will.

To me the brief high you might get just aren't worth the risks to your health and safety.

I think of better ways to spend money and more enjoyable ways to cheer myself up than inhaling/swallowing/injecting poison into myself.

Not to mention that you one risk of coming into contact with very dangerous people if you go downt the illegal route.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

To me the brief high you might get just aren't worth the risks to your health and safety.

But you don't actually know then tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think of better ways to spend money and more enjoyable ways to cheer myself up than inhaling/swallowing/injecting poison into myself.

Not to mention that you one risk of coming into contact with very dangerous people if you go downt the illegal route.

Do you drink alcohol?

• Advertisement

Do you drink alcohol?

Yes but only rarely and I never binge. Maybe three or four over a night out and those don't happen every week.

I might have a glass of wine the odd time with dinner but again rarely.

Yes but only rarely and I never binge. Maybe three or four over a night out and those don't happen every week.

Bit hypocritical then with this:

just so you know, everyones now going to point out you are a drug user...

they are correct

I always wonder: what is it that makes people think that alcohol is unique amongst thousands of mind-altering substances in that it can be enjoyed relatively safely in moderation?

But you don't actually know then tbh.

I've never experienced it myself no.

But I have seen the mess drugs can get people into.

I did Oxygen one year as a First Aider and I swear to god it'd scare away from drugs for life.

I remember one girl decided to down two ecstasy pills on top of a bottle of vodka. She was nearly comotose. What is the point in that seriously?

And we all see how drugs gangs fighting can ruin communities and destroy lives.

It just isn't worth it.

I remember one girl decided to down two ecstasy pills on top of a bottle of vodka. She was nearly comotose. What is the point in that seriously?
    I can trump that: I managed to do this before without the ecstasy pills.

I've never experienced it myself no.

But I have seen the mess drugs can get people into.

I did Oxygen one year as a First Aider and I swear to god it'd scare away from drugs for life.

And we all see how drugs gangs fighting can ruin communities and destroy lives.

It just isn't worth it.

I've seen people nearly comatose on many a night out, without the need for any illegal drugs.

Also like I said I never drink to the point where my health would be at risk.

I know alcohol is a drug but I only drink in moderation and not the point of being blind drunk.

But this thread is about alcohol it's about illegal drugs.

A: alcohol falls into your 'otherwise' category
    B: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050131224221.htm
    C: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tvBK04WNE

people on their high horse about drugs are funny..

huh huh, i said high horse *puts down spliff*

I know alcohol is a drug but I only drink in moderation and not the point of being blind drunk.

That's just like saying "I never take drugs to the point where my health would be at risk."

• Advertisement

A: alcohol falls into your 'otherwise' category
    B: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050131224221.htm
    C: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tvBK04WNE

people on their high horse about drugs are funny..

huh huh, i said high horse *puts down spliff*

When did I ever say alcohol was 'otherwise'? I don't think I mentioned it at all till some-one else brought it up.

check out my above link. moderate alcohol use can lead to an increase in many types of cancers...your drug of choice is dangerous. you'll have to either stop using that lne of argument when talking about illegal drugs or never drink again

When did I ever say alcohol was 'otherwise'? I don't think I mentioned it at all till some-one else brought it up.

in your first post...by saying you'd 'never taken any sort of drug legal or otherwise' remember? :rolleyes:

did you not know alcohol was a drug? or maybe you're drunk now?

Sober as a judge actually :rolleyes:

I'll use whatever line of argument I wish.

I should have said "legal or illegal" probably and I meant I don't anything that can be inhaled/injected/swallowed and which isn't a medicine.

Maybe I should have made that clearer.

And yes I agree alcohol can be dangerous if abused. Which I don't.

I should have said "legal or illegal" probably and I meant I don't anything that can be inhaled/injected/swallowed and which isn't a medicine.

So what way do you ingest your alcohol?

So what way do you ingest your alcohol?

Ok I don't do drugs legal or illegal that aren't medicines bar the odd drink here and there.

Happy now :rolleyes:

Sheesh!

A: but we've established you DO take drugs: alcohol, it's legal, you take it, YOU TAKE DRUGS
    B: i'm assuming you dont shove a bottle of heineken up your arse and stand on your head?
    C: my link quite clearly shows, and it's being backed up all the time, that even moderate alcohol use increases the risk of various cancers

you really are getting confussed here aren't ya?

Ok I don't do drugs legal or illegal that aren't medicines bar the odd drink here and there.

Sheesh!

ok, so now we've gotten that messy definitions thing out of the way...

what makes you think it's ok to use your drug of choice but i can't use mine?

edit: actually that still makes no sense...ALCOHOL IS A LEGAL DRUG, YOU USE A LEGAL DRUG

GRRRRRRRRRR

Sheesh!

So you DO do drugs.

Yep, happy :)

• Advertisement

A: but we've established you DO take drugs: alcohol, it's legal, you take it, YOU TAKE DRUGS
    B: i'm assuming you dont shove a bottle of heineken up your arse and stand on your head?
    C: my link quite clearly shows, and it's being backed up all the time, that even moderate alcohol use increases the risk of various cancers

you really are getting confussed here aren't ya?

Confused? Em no actually.

I think I being quite clear. I don't deny alcohol is drug and can be dangerous. But I'm not addicted and don't binge. I only drink rarely and then not very much.

And I won't touch any other drug that isn't a medicine.

No confusion there.

Advertisement