Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Gnomercy wrote: »
    You cant get hooked on cars,

If your talking about addiction then i am afraid you are innaccurate.......a person can become addicted to something without having to put it in their bloodstream......i.e. gambling for one.

they dont alter your mind and make you think there's demons in your eyes and make you take your eye out with a screwdriver, they dont make you violent, they dont make your septum fall out if you keep using them.

I am sure with a little research you could find plenty of clean & sober insane people that think they have demons in their head, serial killers & gangsters that are extremley violent also that are free from stimulants & plently of medical cases of all manner of cranial disorders that occur without narcotics as the cause & are treated with prescribed narcotics to assist.

Oh & they didnt do any of what you mentioned to me personally & a few other folks i know that have taken them for close on 14 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You cant get hooked on cars, they dont alter your mind and make you think there's demons in your eyes and make you take your eye out with a screwdriver, they dont make you violent, they dont make your septum fall out if you keep using them.

I'm addicted to cars too. :D I think if you asked any race driver they'd tell you racing a car is just as much fun as any drug.
    Drugs (the illegal ones) don't make you violent either. that's nonsense it's goes against the effects of the drug.

Also you can fly a plane if you've done LSD I'm living prove of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

You cant get hooked on cars,

lol yes you can. Try telling that to a mate of mine!
    they dont alter your mind and make you think there's demons in your eyes and make you take your eye out with a screwdriver, they dont make you violent, they dont make your septum fall out if you keep using them.

Funny, I've done tonnes of cocaine, E & weed over the past 15 years, and never have I experienced any of that.

I take it you're another red-top 'factualist' :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

ScumLord wrote: »
    Drugs (the illegal ones) don't make you violent either. that's nonsense it's goes against the effects of the drug.
    That's a bit of a generalisation. MDMA will turn a knacker into a pacifist, but some drugs like coke or smokeable stimulants can cause violent tendencies in some users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gnomercy

If your talking about addiction then i am afraid you are innaccurate.......a person can become addicted to something without having to put it in their bloodstream......i.e. gambling for one.

I am sure with a little research you could find plenty of clean & sober insane people that think they have demons in their head, serial killers & gangsters that are extremley violent also that are free from stimulants & plently of medical cases of all manner of cranial disorders that occur without narcotics as the cause & are treated with prescribed narcotis to assist.

Oh & they didnt do any of what you mentioned to me personally & a few other folks i know that have taken them for close on 14 years now.

I'm sure you would, but you'll also find people who were perfectly normal until they took certain drugs and it made them do crazy sh1t like taking their eye out with a screw driver. Or people who arent normally aggressive become violent on cocaine.

Do you see car addicts walking down the street begging for more money so they can have another fix?
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm addicted to cars too. :D I think if you asked any race driver they'd tell you racing a car is just as much fun as any drug.

Also you can fly a plane if you've done LSD I'm living prove of that.

Would you see anyone addicted to cars injecting themselves in the mickey to have another fix though????

But did you actually fly a plane or did the drug just make you think you did? :pac:

• Advertisement

lol yes you can. Try telling that to a mate of mine!

Funny, I've done tonnes of cocaine, E & weed over the past 15 years, and never have I experienced any of that.

I take it you're another red-top 'factualist' :confused:

Maybe you havent but would you deny that it does happen though?

I'm sure you would, but you'll also find people who were perfectly normal until they took certain drugs and it made them do crazy sh1t like taking their eye out with a screw driver. Or people who arent normally aggressive become violent on cocaine.

Do you see car addicts walking down the street begging for more money so they can have another fix?

Would you see anyone addicted to cars injecting themselves in the mickey to have another fix though????

But did you actually fly a plane or did the drug just make you think you did? :pac:
    You're talking about heroin addicts and episodes of psychosis most likely brought about by a binge on strong stimulants like crack or methamphetamine. You'll notice these drugs aren't faring too well in the above poll, nor are there many apologists here for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Have you ever meet someone who did this? I doubt it, your implying all drug users no matter what their taking are Heroin junkies.

Then they shouldnt take it, anymore than someone who discovers they cant handle whiskey or become aggressive whne they lose their bollix at the bookies.

No & i take your point to a degree but im sure their are folks out their loaned up to the hilt just to have a really spanky car.

Totally accept your point on this one but can i point out to you that i was just pointing out to you it is innacurate to say that drugs are the only thing addictive & or dangerous & that there are plenty of things in society that are addictive & dangerous that are deemed acceptable.

Ahh but if the answer is the latter then the experience is just as good as flying a plane & with far less risk to your life by doing so through great narcotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

the problem with people who have your point of view - in general - is that you haven't a f'ucking clue what you're talking about.

you lump the worst of the drug user sterotypes together and form an opinion about all people who take illegal drugs. i've had it with people like you for years. to me, it's similar to saying all black people are lazy, stupid, scrounging f'uckers...yes, it's that serious in my eyes - illegal immigrants are hear, they're illegal, but it's the accepted norm to treat them with some sort of objectivity - something that's never afforded to us 'druggies'. i've taken drugs and still do, i'm not a drug addict or gouging my eyes out or a scumbag. i'm a middle class professional raising a family and frankly i find your views disturbing. just cause i smoke a joint or take the odd line of coke i am - in your eyes - some kind of crazed physco.

my parents didn't drink and i'd a couple of uncles who were alco's. my folks raised me warning me that drinking was a terrible thing - i soon realised it's not. just because they didnt drink and a couple of people close to them abused alcohol, they had all drinkers pegged as having the potential to end up asleep in the middle of a road or ruining their life in general - this is just plain wrong and they've realised the errors of what they thought in time and even accepted that a joint in the comfort of your own home does no harm to anyone or anything - expect the contents of your fridge.

you could do well to grow up, gain some life experience and look around you without your out-dated predjudices, because your blinkered view is a bain on society an annoyance to people who actually have a clue what life, freedom of mind and freedom of choice is all about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Maybe you havent but would you deny that it does happen though?

I guarantee that alcohol leads to more cases of violence than any other drug.

Sure, it can happen. Meth heads in the 'States for instance cause a lot of trouble - mostly due to theft / robbery's than violence though (I believe).

And as far as taking your own eye out with a screw-driver? Anyone who did that, must obviously have a screw loose :p

And I'd be pretty certain that instances like that would be very, very rare indeed.

the problem with people who have your point of view - in general - is that you haven't a f'ucking clue what you're talking about.

just cause i smoke a joint or take the odd line of coke i am - in your eyes - some kind of crazed physco.

See look how you over react, all i was saying was you cant put cars and drugs in the same bracket!

God how paranoid are you............................must be the drugs ;)

See look how you over react, all i was saying was you cant put cars and drugs in the same bracket!

yeah...i overeacted.

says the guys who's convinced everyone who take drugs has the potential to gouge their eyes out with a screwdriver.

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Haha very good:)

yeah...i overeacted.

says the guys who's convinced everyone who take drugs has the potential to gouge their eyes out with a screwdriver.

ffs

Where did I say that, I was just showing that the car comparison was ridiculous.
    Its you getting all wound up about it. Touchy subject??

all i was saying was you cant put cars and drugs in the same bracket!

Well you actually drew comparisons between heroin being injected into the groin & cars which is accepted as not being in the same bracket but thats besides the point.........how many deaths do you imagine are caused by dangerous driving, meaning cars being misused??

fairly high?

Then why not put them in the same bracket after all you can get plenty of nut cases with violent tendancies on the road everyday that put peoples lives in danger.........road rage i think it is referred to.

See how a something can bring out the violent side in someone who usually very passive.......but not everyone has this affect when behind the wheel of a car so you can see now the flaw in what you are saying.......drugs dont make you a violent person.......the person you are will tell you whether or not drugs are for you once you have tried them.

You cant get hooked on cars, they dont alter your mind and make you think there's demons in your eyes and make you take your eye out with a screwdriver, they dont make you violent, they dont make your septum fall out if you keep using them.

nuff said

Well you actually drew comparisons between heroin being injected into the groin & cars which is accepted as not being in the same bracket but thats besides the point.........

Its not besides the point, it was the point!!! Cars were used as a comparison to drugs

nuff said

Everything I said were things that happened!
    All i'm saying is these herbs are more dangerous than Herby beep beep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

yeah...i overeacted.

ffs
    that might be an extreme on the scale. i have witnessed first hand the damage drugs do. Although my job doesn't deal directly with these people, i have witnessed some of the worst of it. Teenagers wasting away, lads who have just taken a little too much on a Saturday night bouncing off the walls paranoid, and crazy aggression...you never know exactly what chemical you are taking and in what strength, or dose, everyone reacts different.

Oh and another point about cars, they dont get imported up peoples ars€holes!!!

• Advertisement

Its not besides the point, it was the point!!! Cars were used as a comparison to drugs

Well then lets just boil it right down to it then........

Do you think that more people are mamed & die through dangerous driving or drugs every year?

Well then lets just boil it right down to it then........

Do you think that more people are mamed & die through dangerous driving or drugs every year?

More people have cars than use drugs, and cars are used all day everyday in Ireland, constantly, so they cant be compared in that respect either!

it's very clear you were saying drug users are running the risk of popping their eyes out with a screwdriver. blatant stupidity and narrow thinking. if you drink enough water you can die from water intoxication - and is then technically 'dangerous' - but you wont find me telling that to the next nutritionist who advises me to take in more fluids or someone who just enjoys drinking water.

i prescribe one life changing event for you gnomercy - jump out of a plane, smoke a spliff, climb a mountain. anything that might make you open your eyes

that might be an extreme on the scale. i have witnessed first hand the damage drugs do. Although my job doesn't deal directly with these people, i have witnessed some of the worst of it. Teenagers wasting away, lads who have just taken a little too much on a Saturday night bouncing off the walls paranoid, and crazy aggression...you never know exactly what chemical you are taking and in what strength, or dose, everyone reacts different.

everything you are describing here is because drugs are prohibited and unregulated.

blatant stupidity and narrow thinking.

Says the guy who takes substances and doesnt know what they're mixed with and probably came into the country up someones butt hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Have never taken any.

Will never take any.
    +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Says the guy who takes substances and doesnt know what they're mixed with and probably came into the country up someones butt hole!

Aside from your tendency towards sweeping assumptions You seem to have a bit of a fixation about things being put up peoples butt holes ?

Must be some squeeze trying to fit kilos of pills and weed up your arse. Good thing poppers are still legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

This thread has descended into utter ignorance at this stage.

I dunno if we should even bother addressing some of the drivel being posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jev/N wrote: »
    This thread has descended into utter ignorance at this stage.

I dunno if we should even bother addressing some of the drivel being posted
    In fairness, it was always destined to wasn't it? Same as every other drugs thread in AH.

Advertisement