Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gnomercy

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Aside from your tendency towards sweeping assumptions You seem to have a bit of a fixation about things being put up peoples butt holes ?

What assumptions would those be?
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    Must be some squeeze trying to fit kilos of pills and weed up your arse. Good thing poppers are still legal.

What about swallowing it first and pooing it out! Lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gnomercy wrote: »
    What assumptions would those be?
    That people inject weed into their knob and pull their eyes out with screwdrivers.

What about swallowing it first and pooing it out! Lovely!
    Stomach acid.

ScumLord wrote: »
    That people inject weed into their knob and pull their eyes out with screwdrivers.

Are you saying these things have never happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nobodies ever injected weed into the end of their knob, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Think about it. I did try to make a phone call with my lighter once but I don't think anyone's ever been so off their box that they tried to inject weed into their knob with a syringe.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nobodies ever injected weed into the end of their knob, no.

I never said anything about weed! But who knows, maybe there's someone in the world that tried it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Think about it. I did try to make a phone call with my lighter once but I don't think anyone's ever been so off their box that they tried to inject weed into their knob with a syringe.

I once put a quarter ounce of hash on my eyeball, trying to get off on it, but it didn't work too well.
    I only got a small buzz.

Abrasax wrote: »
    I once put a quarter ounce of hash on my eyeball
    Think about it. I did try to make a phone call with my lighter once

You pair should stay off the drugs obviously :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Firstly, the ridiculous car analogy is of no help to anyone. If you can't make your point using the topic at hand to illustrate it, then your point is not worth making.
    that might be an extreme on the scale. i have witnessed first hand the damage drugs do. Although my job doesn't deal directly with these people, i have witnessed some of the worst of it. Teenagers wasting away, lads who have just taken a little too much on a Saturday night bouncing off the walls paranoid, and crazy aggression...you never know exactly what chemical you are taking and in what strength, or dose, everyone reacts different.
    everything you are describing here is because drugs are prohibited and unregulated.

You can't be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

am i right in thinking that going out and picking your own mushrooms to eat is fine, and just selling them is illegal, or has that changed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

am i right in thinking that going out and picking your own mushrooms to eat is fine, and just selling them is illegal, or has that changed?

I'm sure its only processing, drying them or having them for sale is banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Hmm, I think it's illegal to possess or sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hmm, I think it's illegal to possess or sell them.

And if you pick them, you will have to posess them . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In fairness, it was always destined to wasn't it? Same as every other drugs thread in AH.

True; one can hope though!
    I never said anything about weed! But who knows, maybe there's someone in the world that tried it :pac:

Ah FFS, this is a load of crap. Someone, somewhere in the world has tried to do something with something. Of course they have, someone's bound to have done something idiotic, doesn't mean it's the substances fault. Sure people commit suicide all the time with off the shelf drugs, we should ban them then, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Did two of the above options years ago (cannabis and mushrooms), was young, very stupid and probably a small amount of "everyone else is doing them, I don't want to look stupid/out of place/weak by not" had something to do with it too.

They were crap anyway, game me no real effects and found absolutely nothing appealing about them on the few occasions they were taken, once at the same time. Funny how I don't hang around with that group of friends any more and last I heard, two of them were complete drugheads who have been sent by their parents to get clean and have failed. I suppose they are to be pitied though rather than mocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paddy C wrote: »
    Did two of the above options, was young, very stupid and probably a small amount of "everyone else is doing them, I don't want to look stupid by not". They were crap anyway, game me no real effects and found absolutely nothing appealing about them. Funny how I don't hang around with that group of friends any more and last I hears, two of them were complete drugheads who have been sent by their parents to get clean and have failed. I suppose they are to be pitied though rather than mocked.
    I'd feel more sorry for you, who did drugs because "everyone else was doing them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Like I said, I was young, stupid and not exactly happy with my life and wanted to please these people who seemed to accept me as their friend, when I had no others.

I'm thankfully not like that any more as I have matured greatly and am quite anti-drugs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Was always way too scared of taking LSD because I thought I'd end up getting flashbacks.

Flash backs are a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Flash backs are a myth.

Define what the myth is supposed to contain to me please.

Define what the myth is supposed to contain to me please.
    they do not happen

• Advertisement

they do not happen

No i asked you define the myth.....as in how the myth goes of what is supposed to be experienced?

Flash backs are a myth.
    Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD), colloquially known “flashbacks,” is a recognized medical phenomenon. It’s very rare, by all accounts, but it does occur and it has been documented.

No i asked you define the myth.....as in how the myth goes of what is supposed to be experienced?
    For me, the myths began whilst 10-11 years old reading the sunday world, talk of "flashbacks", "Out of body experiences" flashbacks were defined by the media as something that could happen whilst driving etc and can cause a crash....

I remember my first real summer job when i encountered "ravers" (very early 90's) I was 13. These guys were out in "sides" etc the night before and were taking 8-9 yokes.....I was shocked....the media led me to believe that one of those could kill....never believed anything i was told about drugs again..

Do you think a more honest drugs education would work? ie "these things are amazing, but ......"

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

No good comes from these things. End of. Short term highs, wow.... I bet you'll feel like a waster after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Megatitan wrote: »
    No good comes from these things. End of. Short term highs, wow.... I bet you'll feel like a waster after.

ehhhh...nope ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

No good comes from these things. End of. Short term highs, wow....

Much like a birthday party, skydiving etc.........

Basically, a flashback is experiencing a reprise of a trip, or elements of the trip, long after the effects of the drug have worn off and there is no chemical mechanism for the effects to occur.

Rumour had it (and possibly still does) that LSD lodged in one's spine, and cracking one's back could release the chemical and trigger a reoccurrence of the trip. This is a bull**** urban myth with no medical basis. The cause of HPPD is not fully understood, but then, the mechanism of action for many psychedelics is not fully understood.

The day after an acid trip I feel like a new man :D

Countless people have taken illegal drugs and, unfortunately for you, most of them will attest they came out fine at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD), colloquially known “flashbacks,” is a recognized medical phenomenon. It’s very rare, by all accounts, but it does occur and it has been documented.

You have to do a massive amount of LSD in order to have that happen, like, a ****ing HUGE amount in one dose.

I should have been clearer i guess, my apologies.

People talk about "flashbacks" when they have done one or two trips a couple of times a year is jokes.

• Advertisement

For me, the myths began whilst 10-11 years old reading the sunday world, talk of "flashbacks", "Out of body experiences" flashbacks were defined by the media as something that could happen whilst driving etc and can cause a crash....

I remember my first real summer job when i encountered "ravers" (very early 90's) I was 13. These guys were out in "sides" etc the night before and were taking 8-9 yokes.....I was shocked....the media led me to believe that one of those could kill....never believed anything i was told about drugs again..

Do you think a more honest drugs education would work? ie "these things are amazing, but ......"

So lets pull all your logic toogether here,

You were told by the media back early 90's one E could kill you, you subsequently found out this to be misleading after encountering ravers on 8 to 9 of them, you conclude that the media are stoking it up in an effort to dissuade people so you actually recognise its an effort to curb to use of drugs rather than accurate fact.

So when you are told about flashbacks in the media you simply apply the same logic as your first experience & conclude that must not actually exist.

Truly a naive way of guiding yourself through life dont you think.

I actually feel like sh.it at the moment as a result of way to much beer & spirits.

Advertisement