Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drugs - What Have Taken?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've taken illegal drugs in the past, and while personally I can't ever see myself trying drugs again in the future, I'm not one of those people who's gonna preach about how awful they are etc. I suppose I'm one of those people who when I see a sign that says 'Wet Paint', I'll touch to make sure. Some people just have an urge to know what things are like, and no matter how many people say 'X is bad for you', it just isn't enough.

I took drugs at a time in my life when I was feeling pretty low and it did just make everything worse for me, so that obviously coloured my experience but I have friends who smoke the odd joint etc., and they seem perfectly happy so I guess if it works for them, cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

You have to do a massive amount of LSD in order to have that happen, like, a ****ing HUGE amount in one dose.

I should have been clearer i guess, my apologies.

People talk about "flashbacks" when they have done one or two trips a couple of times a year is jokes.

Now this would appear to be coming close to home,

I took large amounts of Microdots & many other types of Hallucinogens for about 14 years & have only experienced once or twice i think what i would class as a flashback, all i ever experienced was a sudden impact on my visual senses consistent with the height of a strong acid trip & that very unique acid'y feeling when your perception of everything is altered in how you interpret things. It was all very brief no more than 20 seconds but it certainly wasnt how you should feel when sober & in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I did me fair share when I was younger but not taken anything since my early twenties. Just prefer me beer now, I might look stupid pissed but not half as stupid as someone off their game on bangers with their big jaw trying to chew the teeth off themselves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

Megatitan wrote: »
    No good comes from these things. End of.

apart from music. good music. end of.

kfallon wrote: »
    I did me fair share when I was younger but not taken anything since my early twenties. Just prefer me beer now, I might look stupid pissed but not half as stupid as someone off their game on bangers with their big jaw trying to chew the teeth off themselves :p

Well that all depends,

1. Someone mad out of it eyes rolling in their head chewing thheir jaw
    2. Someone mad out of it with their flute hanging out & puke all down one side of em.

Both look pretty stupid to me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Well that all depends,

1. Someone mad out of it eyes rolling in their head chewing thheir jaw
    2. Someone mad out of it with their flute hanging out & puke all down one side of em.

Both look pretty stupid to me:D
    This.

And personally, I'd rather engage in conversation with someone who's chatting complete cod**** than someone who's talking **** of the normal variety, and apparently unable to discuss more than 3 separate topics before returning to the original one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

apart from music. good music. end of.
    It's also rumoured one of the discovers of DNA, Francis Crick, was under the influence of LSD when he first envisioned the double-helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I've always held the view you've had to try something to be properly educated in something. That's why I'll never listen to these dry ****es "drugs are bad" crowd who've done very little in life other than a few drinks.

Now put someone in front of me who's got storys to tell about their experiences of any drugs they've tried and are educated in the effects of drugs on the body / mind, I'll certainly listen to them.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    This.

And personally, I'd rather engage in conversation with someone who's chatting complete cod**** than someone who's talking **** of the normal variety, and apparently unable to discuss more than 3 separate topics before returning to the original one.

What would really be a bit of craic would be to put them both in a room together & record the conversation.......Oh wait i think i have a few of them on my PC here........to incriminating to release though:D

In keeping with where this thread has gone, Heres an extract from the book 'The doors of perception' (where the band took their name from)

From the French window I walked out under a kind of pergola covered in part by a climbing rose tree, in part by laths, one inch wide with half an inch of space between them. The sun was shining & the laths made a zebra like pattern on the ground & across the seat & back of the garden chair, which was standing at this end of the pergola. That chair- shall I ever forget it? Where the shadows fell on the canvas upholstery, stripes of a deep but glowing indigo alternated with stripes of an incandescence so intensely bright that it was hard to believe that they could be made of anything but blue fire. For what seemed an immensely long time I gazed without even knowing, even without wishing to know, what it was that confronted me. At any other time I would have seen a chair with alternate light & shade. Today the percept had swallowed up the concept. I was so completely absorbed in looking, so thunderstruck by what I actually saw, that I could not be aware of anything else. Garden furniture, laths, sunlight, shadow – these were no more than names and notions, mere verbalizations, for utilitarian or scientific purposes, after the event. The event was this succession of azure furnace doors separated by gulfs of unfathomable gentian. It was inexpressively wonderful, wonderful to the point, almost, of being terrifying. And suddenly I had an inkling of what it must feel like to be mad.

Mescaline is what they offered Neo in the matrix,

Dont mess with mescaline:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Novella wrote: »
    I suppose I'm one of those people who when I see a sign that says 'Wet Paint', I'll touch to make sure.

Please don't do that. Fingerprints in the paint finish spoil what may have taken someone mulitple hours of prep and work to achieve. The sign is merely there so you can't claim damage to clothing/property if you accidentally make contact with it. No-one is going to hang a sign when the paint is not wet. (unlike scare tactic drug "education")

I see your point on some people just needing to test the boundaries though and find out for themselves.
    The game stops at heroin/crack/crystal meth for me; everything else is or was fair game.

• Advertisement

Ah balls, did I meet you out on Saturday night :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

LSD probably did have a major effect on me, for example i cannot listen or tolerate generic commercial music, and I find it hard to participate in brainless drunk conversations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Never quite caught onto the drugs craze, experitmented a few times, but thought it was pretty ****e and just didn't get any of the "buzz, man!"

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah balls, did I meet you out on Saturday night :p

Dont know, i was to rat arsed to remember anything from sat night:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I took drugs once, it was the entire summer of '99. Crazy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Were you flaked, afterwards?

Dont know, i was to rat arsed to remember anything from sat night:D

I hope we didn't 'cross swords' :eek:

I was somewhere in there with ya:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I was somewhere in there with ya:)

Hello? is that you, sanity?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Pace2008 wrote: »
    That's a bit of a generalisation. MDMA will turn a knacker into a pacifist, but some drugs like coke or smokeable stimulants can cause violent tendencies in some users.

And what about you generalising the all knackers are violent unless pacified with a dose of MDMA.

• Advertisement

Meleftone wrote: »
    And what about you generalising the all knackers are violent unless pacified with a dose of MDMA.
    Not sure if that was a tongue-in-cheek comment (always utilise a smiley if there's any chance of ambiguity :P ), but to clarify, I meant knackers as in violent scumbags rather than upstanding members of the travelling community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

All of them apart from crack and heroin , I thought lsd was the best but i had to put aside a couple of days to recover fully. Mdma is a lot of fun and at the time we were getting it quite cheap

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Channel 4 did a great series of documentaries called "Our Drug War": http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-drugs-war/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1
    You can watch it on 4OD

Zascar wrote: »
    Channel 4 did a great series of documentaries called "Our Drug War": http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-drugs-war/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1
    You can watch it on 4OD
    Cracking documentary alright. I've even heard people who previously agreed with prohibition change their minds after watching the series, and came to the conclusion that the so-called war on drugs is an abject failure.

I'm still very much undecided as to whether or not we should legalise all drugs. As it stands, the hyper-addictive hard drugs like crack and heroin are pretty inaccessible to most, unlike the more accepted ones like weed and pills. I'd be very concerned as to result of releasing these monsters to a more general market, though as the documentary demonstrated, their current legal status is causing misery for the people in the undeveloped countries in which they're produced.

The part about heroin was a real eye-opener all the same. People have this notion that everyone entangled in the heroin trade is an evil drug baron, but whilst it is the Taliban that ultimately profits from the industry, the people involved at the base level of the operation are poor Afghan farmers with no alternative route to earn a living, many of whom lost their livelihood as a result of the war instigated by America.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't think they should legalise all drugs. However if they did like they do in Sweden and gave addicts heroin etc to stop them committing crimes to fund their habbit, that would make things a lot better. I don't think anyone is suggesting we allow people to buy crack/smack/gear in the local shop. Marijuana maybe if medically supervised etc.

The fact is that it would be political suicide for any party to even suggest this - so its not going to happen for a long time.

Someone told me recently that soon in the US (California) it will be legal to have up to an Ounce of weed for personal use. Is this true?

The documentary explored both the effects of the drug war in the western world, and the toll it takes on developing countries . It showed that the West's voracious appetite for drugs combined with the presence of an unregulated black market is causing untold damage on nations in which the substances are being produced.

When it comes to the issue of legalising drugs like cocaine or heroin, it boils down to whether you're more concerned with the preservation of order in your own country, or the amelioration of the lives of those who supply us. I guess I fall more into the former category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

lsd rocks what a great day out!! i am the lizard king!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

ILA wrote: »
    Never quite caught onto the drugs craze, experitmented a few times, but thought it was pretty ****e and just didn't get any of the "buzz, man!"
    Then you got ****e drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I can't believe that so far, I'm the only one who's taken LSD. Cripes, thems was good times, duuuude!

I hope you don't have giant multicoloured spiders sitting on your keyboard right now? Ah, thought so, you're not imagining them - they are really there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

When I was young and completely stupid I did 6 of the ones named above! One of the biggest regrets of my life though.

Advertisement