Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracing!

Options
  • 15-06-2010 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

I was adopted in 1968 and even though my parents told me I never clicked it until one day a friend mentioned it and I was like "I am what??!?!?". From there I had alwasy something in the back of my mind and now a lot of years on with a family and my parents passed I have spent last 3/4 years with my friend trying to trace.

I have had a great life and the reason is my kids and what medical side/ curiousity and see what happens happens.

I had the allocated Social Welfare person with "edited" detail but i got my original name and vague details on my mother and family which were very upsetting (not in a sad way but to hear actual facts and answers)

My last communication from SW was " I have got nowhere" which I felt was a touching base and nothing more.

I have my birth cert - mothers original name but not her DOB which would help and they would not give me.

I am with CUNAMH off grafton Street- it gives you great faith their webpage has been under construction since.....http://www.cunamh.com/

What do I do now? Or any suggestions.

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi deadpet, i too went through cunamh with my trace, my social worker was very good but i felt i had to keep on top of her. i always rang every couple of weeks to see how the trace was going. it was a year before my trace was finished. i tried to do my own trace in the meantime but my birthmothers name was very common, good luck and keep on top of them im sure they where glad to see the back of me.....kathy

Advertisement