Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Playpen: phlegms

Options
  • 15-06-2010 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Alright, so, let's say, you're taking a cruise in your favourite yacht one afternoon, when all of a sudden an awful storm brews up and your darling boat is thrown off course, into unknown waters. You drift for days, alone, and unable to contact anyone. Just say that's the case. Days become nights, and nights roll into days again, and the stash of tinned salmon you brought with you has almost ran out. You're desperately lonely, browbeaten and horrified with the things you've witnessed, when all of a sudden, a beautiful island comes into view. It seems to be teeming with life and spirit, with history and culture, at least from a distance. How do you feel?
    Joyous. That's how. You throw your hands up in the air and rejoice. At least for a little while.
    Sometimes, you want nothing more than a nice island.

Just like the island in question, phlegms is wet on all sides. It's from all the wet chicks that follow him around, grinding him whenever the opportunity arises.
    Again, like this island, once you see phlegms, you'll want to mount him asap. Everything you associate with this island, associate it with phlegms.

Not only is phlegms all of THESE things, he is also a scenester. A modern hipster, cool enough to grace the Arts Block with his presence.
    His wardrobe is full of fine knits like his infamous man-cardigans and V-necks, but also boasts an impressive collection of slacks and, also, some shorts. For when he's feeling casual.

He's popular with everyone, and why wouldn't he be? He's an all round nice guy.
    One time I met him in Spar and he shouted "SLAGGGGGG" at me until I left. That's friendship.

Anyway. Here's your chance to get to know more about this mysterious man. Almost of us know is that he's a filthy islander nerd, who likes history and being jaunty.

I'll start the questioning by asking- Where did you learn to dance, phlegms? You're a fantastic dancer. I'd really like to know.

So, now, C+Hers- Go! Go!
    tropisland.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Drink of choice?

What's you favourite period of History?

What first brought you to boards?

Favourite thing about Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

bythewoods wrote: »
    Alright, so, let's say, you're taking a cruise in your favourite yacht one afternoon, when all of a sudden an awful storm brews up and your darling boat is thrown off course, into unknown waters. You drift for days, alone, and unable to contact anyone. Just say that's the case. Days become nights, and nights roll into days again, and the stash of tinned salmon you brought with you has almost ran out. You're desperately lonely, browbeaten and horrified with the things you've witnessed, when all of a sudden, a beautiful island comes into view. It seems to be teeming with life and spirit, with history and culture, at least from a distance. How do you feel?
    Joyous. That's how. You throw your hands up in the air and rejoice. At least for a little while.
    Sometimes, you want nothing more than a nice island.

Just like the island in question, phlegms is wet on all sides. It's from all the wet chicks that follow him around, grinding him whenever the opportunity arises.
    Again, like this island, once you see phlegms, you'll want to mount him asap. Everything you associate with this island, associate it with phlegms.

Not only is phlegms all of THESE things, he is also a scenester. A modern hipster, cool enough to grace the Arts Block with his presence.
    His wardrobe is full of fine knits like his infamous man-cardigans and V-necks, but also boasts an impressive collection of slacks and, also, some shorts. For when he's feeling casual.

He's popular with everyone, and why wouldn't he be? He's an all round nice guy.
    One time I met him in Spar and he shouted "SLAGGGGGG" at me until I left. That's friendship.

Anyway. Here's your chance to get to know more about this mysterious man. Almost of us know is that he's a filthy islander nerd, who likes history and being jaunty.

I'll start the questioning by asking- Where did you learn to dance, phlegms? You're a fantastic dancer. I'd really like to know.

So, now, C+Hers- Go! Go!
    tropisland.jpg

Great post, would read again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Favourite meaning of \o/?

If Aoibheann and I were to cover you in sparkley eyeshadow, which colour would you like it to be?

Did you take Craguls shopping to get his cardigan?

:)

Where did you learn to dance, phlegms? ]

You don't merely "learn" skills like these m'dear. You have to be born with them.
    Craguls wrote: »
    Drink of choice?
    Bavaria. I've grown not just accustomed to it, but have grown to love it's supple blend of hops, honey and affluence. It makes me feel warm inside and has started many college adventures for better or worse.

What's you favourite period of History?
    I'm a history whore, I love anything past 1000ad. But if I had to choose an area I could study for everz it would be WW2. Bit of a predictable choice really, but WW2 is genuinely fascinating and there is still so much to study in the field!

What first brought you to boards?
    First started lurking years ago when I was looking to buy a Wii one lonely January in 06/07. After that I pretty much stopped visiting until last summer when I started lurking the Trinity boards upon getting a place there. I then branched out to the PC building and upgrading forum and shortly after that I stumbled onto C+H. I've regretted it ever since..

Favourite thing about Trinity?
    I love everything about Trinity possible, except the Hamilton end, Amiryt? But seriously, I love the place. The history surrounding it, the lineage, the buildings, the pretentiousness, the fact you get to say you go to Trinity, the tight sweaters and unkempt hair, the Warm cans of bav on a summers afternoon. I even love the random times your swipecard and passwords stop working for weeks at a time. Its really lovely there.

Favourite meaning of \o/?
    It looks like some aul' wan with a pointy chin and an open mouth making a shocked sorta' sound. Thats what always springs to mind when I see it used.

If Aoibheann and I were to cover you in sparkley eyeshadow, which colour would you like it to be?
    Is rainbow a colour? If so, it would be rainbow.

Did you take Craguls shopping to get his cardigan?
    Unfortunately not, I offered but he was all like "cardigans are for gheyz" and swiftly sauntered off UNATTENDED to go cardigan shopping. It does suit his dashing smile though doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Least favourite thing about Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Favourite planet?

Favourite member of the x-men?

Harry Potter or Lord of the rings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

phlegms wrote: »

Bill Withers \o/ who, thank the Lord is still with us.

Top 5/10/20 favourite bands?
    Name the best Bond film.
    Lennon or McCartney?
    Favourite accent?
    Would you like me to lap dance for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

if you could change one thing,what would it be?

What am the sky?

favourite playpen thread/person you want to see in the playpen?

Trinity,WHY man WHY!?

'sup?

if you could change one thing,what would it be?
    Change one thing about what? About me or in general? I'd really like a sandwich right now, I'd love to change that.

What am the sky?
    How does eat food?

favourite playpen thread/person you want to see in the playpen?
    I thought Davidus' and pygmalions were pretty awesome for the sheer unadulterated nerdiness of them. But they've all been wonderful so far.

Trinity,WHY man WHY!?
    Because the architecture is way nicer than UCD. I dont want to spend 4 years in somewhere that looks like a Ukranian abortion clinic..

'sup?
    Nuthin' much, just chillin and answering questions from some d-bags on t'interwebs.
    Monzo wrote: »
    Bill Withers \o/ who, thank the Lord is still with us.

Top 5/10/20 favourite bands?
    I have many, many favourite bands. But my stock answer for this question is The Smiths, Radiohead and The Pixies. This is purely because I think they have changed music the most in their respective generations.
    I like far too many generes of music to answer this question in any way concisely.

Name the best Bond film.
    Prolly "Tomorrow Never Dies", have seen that movie loads and never seem to get bored of it. If Alan Partridge were to perform them though, I'd choose all Bond films. :pac:

Lennon or McCartney?
    McCartney fo' sho'! He has that cheeky little smile I cant say no to.

Favourite accent?
    South African, the white south African accent has such a eventful history that its fun to chart which colonialist nations have influenced it. Also, Leo Di Caprio in Blood Diamond made it sound painfully cool.

Would you like me to lap dance for you?
    No babes, I want the full body treatment..
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Favourite planet?
    Pluto! You're still a planet in my eyes little guy!

Favourite member of the x-men?
    Nightcrawler, I always thought his teleportation shiz was pretty awesome. I could use that to get food whilst watching TV. That would be pretty pimp.

Harry Potter or Lord of the rings?
    Lord of the Rings for sure! It's hard to even compare them, the writing in LOTR is so much better.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Least favourite thing about Trinity?
    The Hamilton. I think they should get rid of the place and all other superfluous courses in Trinity, ie; any courses invented since 1900 or so. I want Trinity to only teach the important courses such as English, History, Classics, Philosophy, Sociology etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

You've flirted with the idea of gaming a little from your posts so;

Which platforms do you own?

Favourite game(s)?

First childhood game?

Favourite pokémon?

Pet video gaming hate?

/nerdiness

Craguls wrote: »
    You've flirted with the idea of gaming a little from your posts so;

Which platforms do you own?
    N64, Ps One, Ps2, Ds lite, GBA, Wii, 360 and sweet gaming pc.

Favourite game(s)?
    I would consider the following amongst my favourites; Crysis (Pc), World in Conflict (Pc), Fallout 3 (Pc), Perfect Dark (N64), Guitar Hero 3, Elite Beat Agents
    (Ds) and Day of Defeat Source (Pc).

First childhood game?
    The first game I really remember properly getting into was Perfect Dark on the N64, my friend had it and we used to spend hours after school playing it. Good times. Before that I have vague memories of watching my cousin play Lara Croft on the Ps One when it first came out.

Favourite pokémon?
    Pidgeot!
    Pokedex_018___Pidgeot_FR_by_Pokemon_FR.jpg

Pet video gaming hate?
    The fact that the respawn mechanism in most online games are usually broken. Also, how shíte the level of story telling is in most games. Its about time we started seeing better characters more subtly nuanced rather than the stereotypes most of them are today.
    /nerdiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Advice for someone going into 1st year in Trinners?

How'd the username come about?

If you won the lotto, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

Favourite nightclub?

Who was the first boardsie you ever met?

Any exciting Summer plans?

Hotaru wrote: »
    Advice for someone going into 1st year in Trinners?
    Enjoy it! Thats the only advice I can give really, its probably the best place in the world :pac:

How'd the username come about?
    I'm not sure really, been using it since I was abut 14. I just like the way phlegms is spelt. It has that cheeky little "G" in there being all awkward.

If you won the lotto, what would be the first thing you'd buy?
    I'd go to subway and buy their most expensive sub. Alternatively I'd get a sub made up with every single topping offered. It would be a taste sensation.

Favourite nightclub?
    It was Crawdaddy on a tuesday night for a good long time but I've gotten pretty bored of it at this stage. They do play good music though. I also really love the smoking area in D2, its got waterfalls and all that jazz. Its pretty pimp.

Who was the first boardsie you ever met?
    Met a load of peeps at the TCD beers back at the start of the year, guess the first one would be aoibheann/Fad/Sarcastic fairy as they were the first ones there. Then I met craguls and my life changed.

Any exciting Summer plans?
    Learning to drive and then Italy in August, other than that I plan on dossing and lazing for the majority of it!

You like all history past 1000a.d. but what about the Republic? What about the great political arena and the military superpower? What about Rome!?

Come across any mathematicians in your time travels? If so, who's your favourite? (not Hamilton anyway, by the sounds of it)

Can you recommend any good history books?

What do you truly enjoy about the internet?

You like all history past 1000a.d. but what about the Republic? What about the great political arena and the military superpower? What about Rome!?
    Rome is cool and all but as with most ancient history I find it hard to contextualise. Its too old for me, I like stuff with more grounding in modernity.

Come across any mathematicians in your time travels? If so, who's your favourite? (not Hamilton anyway, by the sounds of it)
    Haven't come across a huge amount of those folks in my travels, although I do think the historical context surrounding lots of mathematicians is pretty fascinating rather than the concepts they have developed. Gottfried Leibniz is pretty cool, he had a fairly fascinating life.

Can you recommend any good history books?
    Off the top of my head I really enjoyed these ones:
    Dublin Nazi No.1: The Life of Adolf Mahr

Anything by Laurence Rees is usually good, I quite like most of his stuff.
    Auschwitz: The Nazis & The 'Final Solution'
    Their Darkest Hour: People Tested to the Extreme in WWII

Dispatches, this one isn't strictly a history book per say but it is still a very good political commentary on the Vietnam war. Definitely worth checking out.

What do you truly enjoy about the internet?
    I just like the freedom it gives you and how radically its changing society and shizz.

Also lolcats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If you could duet with any singer who would you choose?

Favourite song that doesn't exceed two minutes in length?

Favourite Pixies album?

Best concert(s) you've attended?

You're next up for karaoke on a night out. What song?

Historical figure with the best facial hair?

Monzo wrote: »
    If you could duet with any singer who would you choose?
    Frank Black of the Pixies, their songs are so much fun to sing. And he's a legend.

Favourite song that doesn't exceed two minutes in length?

Favourite Pixies album?
    Surfer Rossa, but I pretty much love all of them.

Best concert(s) you've attended?
    Haven't been to a tonne of concerts, but when I saw The Antlers recently they were pretty fantastic.

You're next up for karaoke on a night out. What song?
    This! Has to be the Wheatus version too.

Historical figure with the best facial hair?
    So many to choose from, but I think either of these two lads have some fairly admiral facial hair.

Charles Stewart Parnell;
    Charles%20Parnell.jpg

Or Lord Randolph Churchill has a fantastic stache;
    435px-Randolph_Churchill_in18830001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Favourite word/phrase?

Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy?

GAA, yay or nay?

Maths, nay or nay?

Do you like crosswords?

Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus?

Godzilla or King Kong?

Justin Bieber or Eoghan Quigg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Do you like getting grimey?

• Advertisement

Favourite word/phrase?
    I'm pretty fond of the word "Awesome". Its kinda my thing.

Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy?
    Officer Jenny, I like em' authoritative.

GAA, yay or nay?
    Yeah I like it a bit, but at the same time I think its a terrible organisation. It seems to be draining Ireland's pool of athletic talent. I think the GAA is why we don't see more Irish athletes performing at professional level.

Maths, nay or nay?
    Nay for sure.

Do you like crosswords?
    Not hugely, I'm more of a sudoku man myself. Also, connect the dots puzzles are mighty fun.

Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus?
    Miley obviously, gawsh.

Godzilla or King Kong?
    GOZIRRRRAAA!

Justin Bieber or Eoghan Quigg?
    Had to google Eoghan Quigg, had never heard of him before. Definitely Bieber, he makes me go weak at the knees.

Do you like getting grimey?
    Not anymore I don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

How would you describe yourself?

Give me the names of 3 objects or things you love most and why?

Do you like chocolate?

When you were a child, what did you wanna be when you grew up?

Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?

Do you like spicy food ?

Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful

Whats love got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

How racist are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

How's the whole quitting smoking thing going?

What's the worst thing you've ever done while drunk?

Does a History degree not make you somewhat unemployable or do you have big plans for the future?

Why do you think you and Craguls failed to get the best couple award? :pac:

Cake or death?

Are you glad that your username is "a viscous liquid secreted by the mucous membranes of mammalians."?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Was Crawdaddy on a tuesday your favourite clubnight purely because we first met there?

On a scale of one to TheCardHolder, how attractive do you consider yourself?

Still smoking? Plan to give it up?

Why do we never cross paths anymore? Does this sadden you?

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    How would you describe yourself?
    Awesome!

Give me the names of 3 objects or things you love most and why?
    I have an old WW2 german Bayonet dating for early 1940 I'm pretty fond of. My computer I built myself, and some photos of me and my sister as kids.

Do you like chocolate?
    Yeah of course, but only really the super dark stuff like lindt 70% Cocoa.

When you were a child, what did you wanna be when you grew up?
    I remember being hugely into astronomy as a kid, wanted to do that as a career for a long time.

Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
    A little bit, I am generally very offensive though..

Do you like spicy food ?
    Not a huge fan, dont mind a birra spice here and there.

Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful
    Something manly like lightning or fire.

Whats love got to do with it?
    Nuthin. Love is for wimminz and gheyz.
    How racist are you?
    Not racist per-say, I just hate white people.
    How's the whole quitting smoking thing going?
    It's going pretty well actually, had forgotten I was quitting until I read this :pac:

What's the worst thing you've ever done while drunk?
    Fallen asleep mid-urination in a club. That was pretty humiliating..

Does a History degree not make you somewhat unemployable or do you have big plans for the future?
    Thats a pretty big misconception people have about a History degree. Its surprisingly diverse degree that you can apply the skills it teaches you to a large variety of fields. In terms of my hopes for a career, I would ideally like to remain in the research field as long as possible and maybe write a couple of books or lecture in history if possible.

Why do you think you and Craguls failed to get the best couple award? :pac:
    The awards were rigged. Also, the ceremonies had taken their toll on the relationship and it was fairly strained and loveless by that stage..

Cake or death?
    Cakkkkkeee

Are you glad that your username is "a viscous liquid secreted by the mucous membranes of mammalians."?
    Yeah, its pretty pimp.
    Was Crawdaddy on a tuesday your favourite clubnight purely because we first met there?
    Yeah obviously. Gawsh.

On a scale of one to TheCardHolder, how attractive do you consider yourself?
    About 2 craguls and a bit?

Still smoking? Plan to give it up?
    I'm totally just over two weeks into quitting smoking and its going super! I think, come the start of college I'll prolly be smoking again though..

Why do we never cross paths anymore? Does this sadden you?
    Too much sexual tension?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

do you like your name?

If all laws were suspended for 2 hours,what crimes would you commit?

Glee,Ghey or nay?

do you like your name?
    Yeah, I think "Ellis Witcher" is pretty awesome sounding. Haven't met another one of me yet.

If all laws were suspended for 2 hours,what crimes would you commit?
    ALL OF THEM.

Glee,Ghey or nay?
    Properly ghey.

Moar queshtionz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Favourite member of Hanson?

Would you rather live a life without history or a life without bewbs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

First off, I would like to say that I approve of your choice of the lovely Parnell as having some of the most awesome facial hair in history. He was a great lad.

Ok, have you any pets? And their names please if they exist.

Any posters on your bedroom wall?

Dairy milk, smarties or crunchie mcflurry?

What do you want to do further research into? And if you could write an amazing tome of historical wonderfulness what or who would it be on?

I'm being nosey here, which modules did you pick for next year? Shall you be studying the lovely Parnell with me?

Thnx bbz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement