Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Playpen: phlegms

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Favourite song?
    This is a pretty stunning song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnfhnCoOyo

Favourite Colour?
    Red is nice.

If you were a boy, even just for a day?
    I'd punch a swan right in the mouth.

so....recession eh?
    The current go to scape-goat for anything even remotely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Most extravagant purchase ever?

Do you prefer to call or text?

What's your one single favourite item of clothing?

Cheryl Cole; most beautiful woman in the world or most highly over-rated woman in the world?

What's your star sign and do you ever take a sneaky peek at your horoscope in the papers for the lulz?

Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Most extravagant purchase ever?
    I spent like, €1,200 euro-ish on various PC parts earlier on in the year. Its going to keep me broke for a while..

Do you prefer to call or text?
    Call for sure. But when I'm feeling lazy a text will suffice.

What's your one single favourite item of clothing?
    My Navy Blue converse. Best shoes in the world tbh.

Cheryl Cole; most beautiful woman in the world or most highly over-rated woman in the world?
    Not really into her at all, doesn't seem like a particularly talented person.

What's your star sign and do you ever take a sneaky peek at your horoscope in the papers for the lulz?
    I'm a Sagittarius and read my Star Sign most days in the metro. Don't really take any of it to heart, I'm just in it for the luls.

Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
    Depends on the risk and biscuit in question..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

One part of your body you'd like to change?

Salad or Soup?

You're preparing for a night out and you realise that you have no clothes and have a choice. Shnitzel's barney hoody or naked?

Favourite wiffy member?

Meet Hitler for a chat or have a baby steak the size of the monitor you're looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Freddos: Caramel or the 'normal' kind?

Is there any particular song you like to have on when you're out jogging?

Favourite comedy show(s)?

Most misunderstood historical figure?

Are there are any bands / artists that you feel are criminally underrated?

Who's your favourite lyricist?

Favourite novel?

Have any good "Don't be blue, Peter!"-esque anecdotes to tell us?

• Advertisement

One part of your body you'd like to change?
    No, I'm pretty much the perfect example of masculinity tbh..

Salad or Soup?
    Salad. Soup is for gheyz.

You're preparing for a night out and you realise that you have no clothes and have a choice. Shnitzel's barney hoody or naked?
    Nekkid.

Favourite wiffy member?
    Crow-feet fo sho.

Meet Hitler for a chat or have a baby steak the size of the monitor you're looking at?
    Baby steak sounds delicious.
    Monzo wrote: »
    Freddos: Caramel or the 'normal' kind?
    Whatever variety Aoibheann is giving out in exchange for doing well in college :pac:

Is there any particular song you like to have on when you're out jogging?
    I'm not a huge fan of Los Campesinos in general, but this song is really great to run to. It has a nice slow start and then builds up until it really gets going fast. The rhythm and pacing of the song are perfect to time your strides to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6SO_yKMe8

Favourite comedy show(s)?
    My favourite is "I'm Alan Partidge", but Arrested Development and Spaced come rather close.

Most misunderstood historical figure?
    I did an essay on Cardinal Richelieu ealier on during the year for College and in my view most historians seems to take completely the wrong stance when assessing his career in general. I think he was less of a douche and made more of a contribution than most historians of the era give him credit for. There are a couple of other figures that I think are similarly misinterpreted that I can't think of right now, will update later.

Are there are any bands / artists that you feel are criminally underrated?
    I think The La's should be way more popular than they are. They got famous for a re-release of "There she goes" but any other song in their back catalogue is far better than that track. I suggest everyone check out their debut (and only) album now. It's really great. Has an Oasis without the cúntish-ness vibe to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iM4aDitCoc

Who's your favourite lyricist?
    I initially wanted to say Morrissey, but I think Nick Drake really takes the prize. His lyrics are just genuinely incredible. They also make for great interpretation when you consider all the stuff that was going on in his life at the time he was writing particular lyrics for certain songs.

Favourite novel?
    "Empire of the Sun" blew me away. Love the movie and love the book even more.

Have any good "Don't be blue, Peter!"-esque anecdotes to tell us?
    No, but nothing beats this gem; "It was the 70's, BUCKAROO". I have yet to beat the anecdotal mastery of Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Page 4 phlegms! Page 4! :P
    Los Campesinos! are great! I love Death to Los Campesinos! always makes me happy :)
    Least favourite subject at school?

wayhey wrote: »
    Digital music or CDs?
    Combination of both, but increasingly digital music.

Favourite time of year?
    Winter is lovely. Love the coldness of it.

Best moment of your life so far?
    Getting the college course I wanted.

If you could have any superpower, what and why?
    Mind reading, cos' I'm a creepy pervert.

If you weren't doing/didn't get History, what would you be doing?
    Something in computers. Either tech support type stuff or web design, would love to end up in that general field.
    wayhey wrote: »
    Page 4 phlegms! Page 4! :P
    Los Campesinos! are great! I love Death to Los Campesinos! always makes me happy :)
    Least favourite subject at school?
    The general tediousness of Geography continued to pIss me off until I was rid of it after the LC.

Could'a sworn I answered your questions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well this has been going on far too long, hasn't it? :p As much as we all would love to put up with getting to know phlegms more, it's time to give someone else a go.

Thank you phlegms. But go away now, please! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement