Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vs North Korea (Group G - Tuesday - 7:30pm - RTE/ITV)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I reckon he meant it too. Great goal.

Just before he strikes it, he has a quick glance at the 'keeper.

Definitely meant it. Surprised Johnny & Eamo didn't pick up on that.

He runs in with the ball, looks across the box, looks down at the ball, then a quick glance at the 'keeper before he strikes it. And bloody hell he struck it well.

Definitely meant it. Quality goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

North Korea won't get out of the group, but Brazil certainly have work to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Well I dont for a minute believe he meant it from the second I saw it.

The commentators on ITV arent convinced and neither are the chaps in the studio (Davids, Vieria and Chiles).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The whole DPR Korean team will be sent to the firing line when they get home id say,

kim will say the world cup never even happened folks, now carry on with your pitiful life's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

really enjoyed watchin korea, i hope they beat portugal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Kirby wrote: »
    He didn't. Not in my mind. Watch it closely. His "standing" leg gives way as he strikes it which is why he cuts accross it slightly. The pass was overhit and he was struggling to get there.

Lovely goal no doubt. But no way he meant it.

Maicon definitely meant to do that. No question.

Reminded me of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

better second half ,wouldnt say best game so far of wc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

apres match now

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/15/north-koreans-undone-by-maicons-brilliance/ Match Report!

Can easily patronise the North Koreans but you have to give them credit for doing what so many sides will fail to do. They held frustrated Brazil for most of the game.

Knew a little about Jong Tae Se before the game and he didn't fail to impress me here. He looked very dangerous. I'd like to see what he could do in a good side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

RichTea wrote: »
    http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/15/north-koreans-undone-by-maicons-brilliance/ Match Report!

Can easily patronise the North Koreans but you have to give them credit for doing what so many sides will fail to do. They held frustrated Brazil for most of the game.

Knew a little about Jong Tae Se before the game and he didn't fail to impress me here. He looked very dangerous. I'd like to see what he could do in a good side.
    wasnt hard for nkn to do it as brazil wasnt that good and the first half was poor,yes nkn put up good defense but if brazil played there normal better game ,they have more tha 2 goal a passed korean side,this group is poor too,other game was was just ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Brazil tried to play their normal game, but they weren't allowed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Maicon definitely meant to do that. No question.

Reminded me of this:

Reminded me of .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done North Korea fair play them not as bad as I taught, but for RTE panel to think they can get out of the group is best laugh i have had in while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well done North Korea fair play them not as bad as I taught, but for RTE panel to think they can get out of the group is best laugh i have had in while.

Well 1/2 said yes, 1/2 said No!

I suspect Giles maybe right and N. Korea may well draw a game, thus wrecking the chances of whoever that is, Portugal or the Ivory Coast. I suspect Portugal at this stage.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This was the first match I enjoyed. Brazil wombling about with their hands on their cocks for 90 minutes and North Korea (bollocks to the idea of referring to a despotic regime as the Democratic anything) giving it loads. Their goal at the end was the first real World Cup moment for me.

Brazil, for all their languor, seem to be the only side so far who have any grasp of the fundamental notion of the diagonal pass into space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

[CLICHE]Fair play to DPR Korea, they defended well and were very well organised[/CLICHE], now for the love of God I hope to never have to sit through another minute of one of their games, they we're painful to watch!

Re Brazil: I wouldn't read too much into this performance. Last night they played what could well be the toughest defence they'll face in this tournament and still, despite being well off the boil, managed to produce 2 moments of magic to open up the opposition.
    Korea played with 9 men behind the ball for the most part and looked vulnerable on the rare occasion any of them ventured into the opposing half. They defended absolutely impeccably and showed phenomenal determination to keep it up for the whole match. I don't see that determination lasting forever nor do I see them taking any points off Portugal or Ivory Coast. An early goal for Portugal in the next match could tell all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'd say it's still unlikely but not impossible.
    Ivory Coasts was hugely overrated to begin with. Simply based on the fact there's a couple of PL in players in there. Portugal is far from what they used to be. Portugal and Ivory Coast were hardly impressive and North Korea played very well against what's supposed to be the co-favourites.
    Unlikely still, but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

does someone have a link for melo's comments about the ball? dunphy just eluded to it now and they wouldnt get into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You wouldn't fancy NKO to get out of the group, but stranger things have happened. I mean in all liklihood Brazil will win their three games the fact NKO only lost their game by one goal stands in their favour.

Imagine a scenario where Brazil beat Ivory Coast 2-0 and Portugal 2-0 (which doesn't seem entirely unlikely by what I've seen so far) and then NKO gets 2x 0-0 draws. I make it that NKO would come second in the group .... and that's without even giving them the credit that they could "do a Greece" and maybe snatch a 1-0 over Portugal or Ivory Coast.

Whatever happens I think NKO should be applauded for already surpassing expectations. They're my adopted team for the rest of the WC anywya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

bonerm wrote: »

Well it reminded me of this...wait, who's that?!:pac:

since he has previous, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he meant it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Essien wrote: »
    [CLICHE]Fair play to DPR Korea, they defended well and were very well organised[/CLICHE], now for the love of God I hope to never have to sit through another minute of one of their games, they we're painful to watch.

:pac: Says a Chelsea fan. They've never shut up shop like that before to stop a better footballing side no? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac: Says a Chelsea fan. They've never shut up shop like that before to stop a better footballing side no? :p

And scored 103 league goals this season...your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Great result for the North, I thought they were very impressive actually. Can see them beating Portugal and even possibly the Ivory coast if they play that well next time.

Advertisement