Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ivory Coast vs Portugal (Group G - Tuesday - 3:00pm - RTE/ITV)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Bloody hell, thought that was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This could be Ronaldo's range with this ball.

I'd love to see this go in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gosh Ronaldo goes down very easily.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

mathie wrote: »
    What audio stream you using?
    BBC Radio 5 live. Our servers are based in the UK so I can access all the UK content.

:(

Brazil. Please save this World Cup from a painful, slow death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mmmm...0-0.

whoever came up with 'you must not lose your first game', has a lot to f*cking answer for right now.

WOW!
    Didn't hit the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

WOW!
    Didn't hit the wall.

Didn't hit the target either...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What an awful match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mars bar wrote: »
    :(

Brazil. Please save this World Cup from a painful, slow death.

To be fair, Argentina and Germany played some brilliant stuff. The only ones really thus far.

Also South Korea actually played very very well against Greece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thought he was going to get a second yellow there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

keano_afc wrote: »
    What an awful match.

Yep looks like another 0-0 money back bore match from Paddy Power

One consultation.

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be fair, Argentina and Germany played some brilliant stuff. The only ones really thus far.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the South Korea match. That and the Italy one are the only two I haven't seen.

I really enjoyed the Germany match despite it being one sided. The Argentina one was good but the lack of goals scored compared to the chances they made was kind of annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mexico, first half looked the most impressive so far (except when it came to scoring).

I;ve enjoyed this game. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was actually annoyed I was missing this game, I kinda wish I'd missed the whole thing because this has been utter tripe.

North Korea for 2nd place anyone ;)

Ironically Portugal are missing a player to slice the defense open, bet Carlos wishes he brought Moutinho now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

I'm beginning to think the only way to enjoy this tournament is to bet -2.5 goals in every match and listen to some good music

Liam O wrote: »
    I was actually annoyed I was missing this game, I kinda wish I'd missed the whole thing because this has been utter tripe.

North Korea for 2nd place anyone ;)

Have never seen them play but I'm willing to put a blind bet on that. Dire dire game. Can only hope that Brazil can get a load of goals this evening to make up for this.

Ahhhh. Nobody in the box for the follow up. Unlucky.

• Advertisement

I can't believe I wanted Drogba to score that.

Ivory Coast are piling on the pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

'Real buzz about Port Elizabeth now' :rolleyes:

Sad that the best bit of pressure/action has come in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Terrible game, we've had too many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

A couple of seconds left and they decide to take a short corner instead of whipping it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Well Ronaldo and injured Drogba have really set this World Cup alight.

In other news Messi has been declared doubtful for Argentina's next game as he reportedly pulling a muscle in his stomach laughing at Ronaldo's performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pretty poor game. Ronaldo's shot being the highlight I suppose.

Shocking match. That was more like a last group game, when both temas knew a draw would qualify them.

Absolutely disgraceful.

I hope neither get out of the group after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Frisbee wrote: »
    A couple of seconds left and they decide to take a short corner instead of whipping it in?

Exactly, last kick of the game ffs.

Yet another poor game. Better than most, but that tells how awful alot of the others have been.

Well Ronaldo and injured Drogba have really set this World Cup alight.

In other news Messi has been declared doubtful for Argentina's next game as he reportedly pulling a muscle in his stomach laughing at Ronaldo's performance.

To be fair, they were all muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Frisbee wrote: »

They were playing for the draw. Couple of times in the last 5 mins they could have crossed it and chose to play it into the corner instead. Crazy, I know.:confused:

Looks like it could be a shootout over who can score more goals against N. Korea if both are beaten by Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Another classic by the sounds of things. Hooray for poles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I put off getting a tooth pulled for that?! I would rather be in searing pain than watch another match like that

This world cup is terrible thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

FIFA have to address the 32 teams issue -obvious by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Pfft ya can see it now Portugal and Brazil draw in the final round of group games to send them both through.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I put off getting a tooth pulled for that?! I would rather be in searing pain than watch another match like that

This world cup is terrible thus far

I've been unemployed for the past 4 months to engineer not being at work for the World Cup... For this... It has been rubbish up until now besides the Germany game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

To be fair, they were all muck.

You're right but was anyone expecting anything at all from the rest of the Portugeezers.

I could see Ivory doing better as they looked somewhat like a team but Portugal really looked like ten lads plus Ronaldo.

My judgement might be impaired by the sheer awfulness of the game as my brain leaked out of my head in boredom.

Spud83 wrote: »
    Pfft ya can see it now Portugal and Brazil draw in the final round of group games to send them both through.

Yeah very foolish from the Ivory Coast not to try and get the win at the end. They were far too ready to settle for a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is the worlds worst world cup ever

fahcttttttt

the worlds best footballers center stage my ballix

fahcttttttt

the worlds best footballers center stage my ballix

I'll take your 2010, and raise 2006 TBH.

Its a slow enough start, but we haven't even finished the first round of group games yet.

In 2006, most teams actually played open football in the group stages, but it got more cagey come the knockout stages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ah come on its the opening round ffs, talk about going over the top with that statement

remember Italia 90 now that was a sh1te WC apart from Irelands participation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

That was a shocking game, It had draw written all over it from the go.

Relax lads with the whole worst WC ever etc.... as it was said, not even the first round of games over yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

I'll take your 2010, and raise 2006 TBH.

Its a slow enough start, but we haven't even finished the first round of group games yet.

2006 was brilliant :confused:

2006 was brilliant :confused:

One of the poorest ever winners and runners-up I thought!

Could be even worse this time around, but best to wait before saying for certain!

One of the poorest ever winners and runners-up I thought!

Could be even worse this time around, but best to wait before saying for certain!

This makes no sense. They were there for a reason. The reason obviously being that they were the best two teams in the tournament.

It has been a slow start to the World Cup yes but it is only the opening round. Things can only get better.

This makes no sense. They were there for a reason. The reason obviously being that they were the best two teams in the tournament.

It has been a slow start to the World Cup yes but it is only the opening round. Things can only get better.

Debatable if the 'best' team always win, given what people have said about Holland in 1974 and Brazil in 1982 for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The moment that summed up the game came about 7 or 8 minutes from the end. Three Ivorians drifted across to the left flank following the ball (Gervinho, Dindane and I think the LB). Carvalho and co. naturally drifted across to press them and it left a gap of about 20 yards across the width of the field in front of the Portuguese goal. Did any of the Ivorians think of making a run into the space? Nope. Did any of the players on the flank even think about playing the ball across? Nope. Screaming at the TV I was at the whole uselessness of it. A poultry display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is bull$**** football tbh

going to fire up battle field bad company 2

fook this.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Your definition of best differs wildly from mine. A team can make the semis or final of a tournament through a lucky draw or any of a myriad of reasons other than being the best team in it. Greece are a good example of being awful yet winning a tournament.

The game today really needed a goal early. If Ronaldo's shot had gone in, the game might have opened up.

• Advertisement

A poultry display.

Paltry?? :) Or did you mean:

chicken.jpg

Advertisement