Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Sydney Accommodation near CBD?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi,

If you are (or know of anyone) looking for accommodation in Sydney PM me ASAP.

My housemate moved out last week and we need someone to move in.

It's in Newtown, one of the nicer Sydney suburbs.
    Rent is $180 p/w + bills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

hehe Newtown. Lived in the Sydney Terraces just down the Enmore Rd there for 5 or 6 months. That place is full of lesbians. Not the good kind though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

:D B Man you're not selling this well for me.

There's good kinds and bad kinds....we'll leave it at that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I live in Newtown, great spot, great pubs, great cafes - great atmosphere
    close to trains and shopping (marrickville metro & broadway!)

Coileach dearg, where abouts you live? I'm near st peters
    I know someone on boards lived on darley st before, but can't remember who

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »

Yep that was me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Good spot...

Cheaper than Bondi and without the scald merchants with Lesbians in their place but would take them any day.
    10 Mins from CBD by train
    Easy accessed by car from the other areas around the East
    Some cool little bars etc
    Good food around the place too!

You should have no problem getting someone in...just post an add on gumtree looking for an Irish housemate! Not being racist just being specific!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Good spot...

Cheaper than Bondi and without the scald merchants with Lesbians in their place but would take them any day.
    10 Mins from CBD by train
    Easy accessed by car from the other areas around the East
    Some cool little bars etc
    Good food around the place too!

You should have no problem getting someone in...just post an add on gumtree looking for an Irish housemate! Not being racist just being specific!

give me bondi over newtown any day , the traffic congestion in newtown is chronic , frigging lesbians everywhere (not being homophobic but its a bit much).
    it has good bars and bands which i have enjoyed while there , but as being a suburb to live in , not a chance .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hussey for some reason I thought you lived in Coogee, You are a good end of the Newtown and a good location there.

I have a friend who lived in the apartments at the corner of Princes Hwy & May St
    daftdave wrote: »
    give me bondi over newtown any day , the traffic congestion in newtown is chronic , frigging lesbians everywhere (not being homophobic but its a bit much).
    it has good bars and bands which i have enjoyed while there , but as being a suburb to live in , not a chance .

Bondi seems to attract idiots, I used to live in Randwick but moved to the innerwest after 5 months (got sick of the traffic cos I work in North Ryde) and was there for 3 years. Couple of the boys I lived with out there once told me that their bosses said they would sponsor them if they moved out of the eastern suburbs... and they moved to Five Dock and got sponsored.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Hussey for some reason I thought you lived in Coogee, You are a good end of the Newtown and a good location there.

I have a friend who lived in the apartments at the corner of Princes Hwy & May St
    I used to live in Randwick, so know coogee area pretty well,
    May st is right near me, I live on lord st, I love that area, it is nice and quiet has the park and great cafes before you hit newtown crazies.

Any of you guys have Shoulder length longish hair? Often I've seen an Irish guy walking down the road with a beard and long hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

May st is right near me, I live on lord st, I love that area, it is nice and quiet has the park and great cafes before you hit newtown crazies.

Any of you guys have Shoulder length longish hair? Often I've seen an Irish guy walking down the road with a beard and long hair

does he look like this ?? ..... oh wait you said longish !!:P

ireland1_280x420_21597a.jpg

Sounds like a good description of the Irish guy who did the ads on TV for the Introduction of the ban on smoking in Hotels and Pubs back in '06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

You guys are making me WHV-sick. I used to live in St. Peters near the KFC & McD's on the prince's highway. Newtown is a great spot, could never understand why it wasn't more attractive to travellers. I miss my little flat! :rolleyes:

RMC10 wrote: »
    You guys are making me WHV-sick. I used to live in St. Peters near the KFC & McD's on the prince's highway. Newtown is a great spot, could never understand why it wasn't more attractive to travellers. I miss my little flat! :rolleyes:

You wouldn't been that far from the Harp bar at Tempe, have played session music there a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

Where would a fella go looking for a sharehouse in newtown if he wanted to stay there?

And BTW, is it really bad at the moment in terms of accommodation shortages? There's an awful lot of talk in the media about this at the moment.

38141 wrote: »
    Where would a fella go looking for a sharehouse in newtown if he wanted to stay there?

And BTW, is it really bad at the moment in terms of accommodation shortages? There's an awful lot of talk in the media about this at the moment.

domain.com.au
    gumtree.com.au
    http://www.flatmatefinders.com.au
    http://www.sydneyterraces.com/ - is a short term share for backpackers

or take a stroll around and look for ad's.

No the shortages refer more to rental places rather than shared accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

Righto hussey. What about sleeping in the car at night in Sydney? Do the backpackers sleep in their vans anywhere in sydney?

Are there any campsites in or around that area of any other area of sydney that?

Advertisement