Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DirectX10 directory problem

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Ok folks just installed the June DirectX SDK, been reading through the documentation. Set up my visual studio pointing to the correct Lib Include and Executable files using a user variable.

$(DXSDK_DIR) which is set to the SDK file path

I tried a tech demo at random it worked happy days!

Decided to start into the tutorials looked at the first one, decided to open the SLN file and build it to practice a bit of reverse engineering.

Alas no I keep getting this error!

Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3d10d.lib' Tutorial00 Tutorial00

I have checked the Lib/x86 folder that debug folder is there!!!! I also cleaned and rebuild the solution still no joy!

Thought perhaps it was a problem with my user variable, swapped it out for the direct link. Still the same error!

I decided to push that to the side while I tried the 2nd tutorial not it is giving me an error from the same vein.

Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d10sdklayers.h': No such file or directory c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\d3d10.h 6676 Tutorial01

the second one seems to be something to do with windows 6 SDK is that not one for mobile development or am I getting confused. I was under the impression that DirectX SDK was self contained and simply needed to be linked to VS compiler. To the ninjas of boards.ie What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

It's $(DXSDK_DIR)\include for headers and $(DXSDK_DIR)\lib\x86 or $(DXSDK_DIR)\lib\x64 depending on what version of the DLLs you want to use.

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BillMcErlane

I am using 2008 I also have tried both the user variable and the full path name as shown in attached image

Junes?

Also, what about the include files?

Anyway, I've attached mine. I haven't upgraded to the June 2010 SDK on my work machine yet but you'll get the idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BillMcErlane

yes I have this for all the files,

After installing the DirectX SDK, before building a project in Visual Studio, you must initialize the directories in Visual Studio by doing the following:
    1. Select Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories
    2. Show Executable files and add: $(DXSDK_DIR)Utilities\Bin\x86
    3. Show Include files and add: $(DXSDK_DIR)Include
    4. Show Library files and add: $(DXSDK_DIR)Lib\x86
    my problem, the two build errors which appear for no apparent reason!

Dunno then! I see you made a thread on Gamedev.net so hopefully they'll be of some use!

• Advertisement
Advertisement