Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Range Forecast

• 15-06-2010 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Whats the long range forecast - next 2 weeks - had my baling contractor booked for thi Satuday but walked the meadows yesterday eve and cancelled until the following saturday.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

www.weather.com is forecasting at least 10 days of good weather.

The whole country seems to be gone mad cutting silage yesterday and today. I feel a bit left out :( I have nothing fit to cut for another week. I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast and try and push it out for as long as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

thought there was rain for this thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

whelan1 wrote: »
    thought there was rain for this thursday

Yes there is although there was no mention of it on the weekend forecasts, had planned to take down a few acres for hay myself but will hold off till after thurs, think there's a few dry days promised then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

reilig wrote: »
    www.weather.com is forecasting at least 10 days of good weather.

The whole country seems to be gone mad cutting silage yesterday and today. I feel a bit left out :( I have nothing fit to cut for another week. I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast and try and push it out for as long as I can.

same same but me thinks it better to wait till there i grass to cut rather than cut for the sake of it :D:D

Milton09 wrote: »
    Yes there is although there was no mention of it on the weekend forecasts, had planned to take down a few acres for hay myself but will hold off till after thurs, think there's a few dry days promised then.

I have hay for tomorrow. Mowed it last friday. It got a few showers over the weekend but did no harm to it. It is in nice shape now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

I have hay for tomorrow. Mowed it last friday. It got a few showers over the weekend but did no harm to it. It is in nice shape now.

I'd be old school in that regard, any rain on hay is too much rain, especially if cut with conditioner. You should get it no bother though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Are you round baling or square baling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

www.accuweather.com also giving it very good for next 2 weeks but met eireann spokespeople are forever saying any forecast past 5 days is speculation. Everyone reporting light crops so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we covered ours today - got loads of rain on sunday - contractor said it was the best crop he's seen:D and some of the places he had been to it was just like picking up toppings ....good quality too

Milton09 wrote: »
    I'd be old school in that regard, any rain on hay is too much rain, especially if cut with conditioner. You should get it no bother though.

It was cut with a disc mower and shook out with a haybob several times. It was in great shape last night - no green left in it. When the dew dries up this morning it will be rowed and it will be baled into square bales this afternoon - only about 400 mind you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement